A new player has joined the game!

KingAether

So i definitely had the light on far to dialed up and i think that might have been my problem all along; i removed the CFL and overnight they have flourished and look a hell of a lot more happy; that's a big lesson as I've been using the same level of light for the last few grows since starting LED and had similar issues. large.5b190e7a7d7b265a6c17c712a4d21532.jpg This seems a reasonable illustration of how my plants looked prior..

I should have a small veg tent set up by the 7th so i'm going to give them a few more days to recover from yesterdays trim and then start to turn the hours down so 12/12 will be  the 10th-13th at the start of week 8 since they popped.
Given the length of time they have had to veg and how small they are still i think the light has had a major effect and will likely run another 2-3 pot noodle wedding glues between now and April. large.P1120128.JPGlarge.P112013311.jpg 

Edited by KingAether
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah they are looking well happy mate nicely done 

Love the close up photos of the sproutlings emerging from the seed case as well, very nice

• Like 3

Day 60
Day 8 of 12/12

Notably, as expected, the one with Variegation has weaker growth and with all the reports of it in the strain its something well worth breeding out if possible but otherwise they are going well, looking healthy and starting to stink! 
The first picture is a group photo of the tent, fully seed stockers currently except a bag seed in the back right
large.P1120152.JPGlarge.P1120164.JPGlarge.P1120157.JPGlarge.P1120162.JPGlarge.P1120170.JPGlarge.P1120167.JPGlarge.P1120165.JPG

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...

Day 69
Day 17 of 12/12 
As you can see one has definitely out performed the other so far when it comes to the stretch! Its more thirsty for nutes than the other, much bigger plants in the tent! 
Currently on 2mg fishmix and 2mg bloom p/ltr and the light is up to 260w~
large_8756.jpglarge.61f495171346f_IMG_20220129_0007231.jpglarge.61f4951688027_IMG_20220127_2029011.jpg

• Like 8

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 1:02 PM, Seedstockers-Mark said:

@KingAether Did you ever finish the Pot Noodle challenge mate?

Kind regards  :cheers:

Mark..

I'll have a dig through the folders this evening; i thought i'd put up the last set of photos before and after they got snipped back late feb/early march :smokin: 

• Like 3

On 18/11/2021 at 2:00 PM, KingAether said:

water mixed with a little fresh aloe

what's the aloe for?

mystic

• Like 2

On 21/11/2021 at 1:43 PM, KingAether said:

Decided it was probably time to get a new card reader so i could use the camera and not my phone for the diary..Now i just need to work on setting the camera up a bit better
 large.P1120064.JPGlarge.P11200491.jpglarge.P11200451.jpg

cracking photographs bro

mystic

• Like 4

On 25/11/2021 at 10:01 PM, KingAether said:

#4 is completely retarded,

leave it - those runts are sometimes the best ones...

mystic

• Like 3

@mysticriver I used to use water and fresh aloe pulp mixed to mist young plants.

Aloe has loads of natural properties mate, really good for rooting out clones too. 

little extract from rqs…

USE ALOE VERA AS A FOLIAR SPRAY

Organic growers use aloe vera in foliar sprays to provide their crop with supplementary micronutrients such as magnesium, calcium, zinc, and manganese. Foliar spraying is an effective way to provide these nutrients to plants, as they are rapidly absorbed through the surfaces of leaves. The speed of this form of nutrient administration makes foliar spraying useful when the first signs of deficiency are detected. Aloe vera can also be used to provide amino acids such as lysine and glutamine, and enzymes like cellulase and amylase.

Foliar spraying also increases a plant's relationship with surrounding life, which enhances the biodiversity of the soil. Nutrient uptake through the foliage causes plants to release sugary exudates into the rhizosphere below. These carbohydrate molecules attract beneficial microorganisms such as mycorrhizal fungi that assist plants in nutrient uptake.

To make a foliar spray using aloe vera, mix two teaspoons of fresh aloe gel with 4.5 litres of water and administer the spray immediately using the “mist” setting on your pressure sprayer.

• Like 4