growinggold

Hello all,

So here we are shit has hit the fan again.... Oioi. 

Day 10. 

Soggy pots and wet bottoms.

The blumat tank has shit it self and decide to dump its load and try drown the girls heat mat, also probs taking the carbon filter with it. Silly shouldn't have left the CF in the tray so low down. I will raise it higher.

As you can see the girls be drowning. 

large.IMG_20211108_141853_resized.jpg

Quick bit pipe suckling,  mouthful rain water and it was all drained fairly quickly.  Heat mat removed to dry off. Think it still works tbh. All credit to root it. It will be under the tray next time for sure.

Other than the girls being wetter than an otters pocket, think all look okay. 

large.IMG_20211108_142802_resized.jpg

Will keep an eye on them the next few days.

Thanks. 

GG

• Like 12

I wouldn't keep that heat mat inside the tray like that in the future bro.

Rather place it under the tray....

Did you suck out the water with a straw?... did i read that correctly? lol

Never know when a "waterproof" device decides to no longer be waterproof......

Be careful!

You had your carbon filter sitting in the water tray too?......

• Like 6

Haha yeah @Thai Stick I never normally put the heat mat in the tray but as it was very cold in the shed and them being very young I wanted try get the roots as much warmth as possible. Mother ganja has other ideas though and another lesson has been learnt. 

Yeah your right I'm also a fool for having the CF on some small raised plastic blocks in tray but these wasn't weren't big enough and the filter got a little wet . I've opted for box taller than the tray now. :wallbash:

lol not quite a straw I used 1m of blumat pipe to suck n siphon the water into a mop bucket below the tent. Reallly very easy n quick. Gravity is good.ya. 

Always with blutmats it's either boom or bust. Ah well it's only H20 could worse could be In my loft. lol

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/11/2021 at 10:54 PM, growinggold said:

@MindSoup lol I'd love to get to Asia have proper bowl full. Yumm.  Tomorrows lunch will be sticky rib.  Ek. 

Today was a bit fucker for me work wise so tired to crack on in shed.. the day started well up 6am couple k swim at the local leisure an straight to work. Arrive early to find my office under H20. Fack. Didn't fancy another swim. 

Got home, emails sorted, an to shed to get thr tropf blumats in which had been soaking over night. Good news is the leaves on each plant have started to turn a little green.

@Whatwentwrong I'm not sure you could fit two carrots in you know it's quite tight, and I have been stingy with clover MPC used. I only had to hand half 6month old opened bag. :/  Anyways. Excited to see what you can cram in bud. Still be debating whether to put in dripper line holders, I think I will after my mephisto auto root blockage disaster. Hopefully that pot noodle is gonna be wound tighter than mi old man's wallet. 

large.61805b553f83c_Pn01(1)(Large).JPGlarge.61805b584b04a_Pn01(2)(Large).JPG

2nd tank plumed an filled with 10l rainwater. Spare blumat socking down low in a jug.

(Front tank on dp60, back tank is flower tent built-in to insulated space on the left)

large.IMG_20211101_123123_resized.jpg

Couple quick close ups.

large.IMG_20211101_123201_resized.jpglarge.IMG_20211101_123145_resized.jpglarge.IMG_20211101_123135_resized.jpglarge.IMG_20211101_123132_resized.jpg

Enjoy your smokes..

GG

:skin_up:

I'm really interested to see how Blumats work out. Should be real interesting  ;)

Really solid start mate :yep:

Keep the updates coming  :cheers:

Kind regards  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 6

Alright there @growinggold

Great start and a nice varied selection of plants your noodling up there.

The size of them carrots :eek: they look massive, bet they take up a quarter of the pot? 

Anyway the very  best of lick to you.

Take it easy. Jj :skin_up:

• Like 4

Thanks @Seedstockers-Mark. And @Jibba jabba Yeah roots space is going to be an issue. I'd probs say a third to a quarter yeah.  Eek. Let's find out. 

Well it's still a little wet, each plant is really has taken a drowning. Pots haven't dried out at all. Ah well they keep plodding, hardy buggers. 

large.IMG_20211114_133925_resized.jpg

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 11

Hello all, 

Bit of proper update now. 

Got done with using the shed flower cab for drying. So I'd thought I'd treat the pot noodles ladies to an upgrade.

So each went in the insulted shed space, inside is 80x80x160cm grow tent with a 220w led highlight set @69w. Heat wisee we're rocking two tube heaters on an inkbird @28c plus a root it heat mat below garland tray set 24c.  The 6" rvk is set to suck the air from the bottom of the space through a pre filter and then fan, then carbon filter, this is to save warmth,  space and it's fucker to hang. This is all behind the boxing to left dehumidifier.  Fresh air is drawn from top tent and vent in the insulated space to outside it's not connected with ducting though.

large.IMG_20210804_172713.jpeglarge.IMG_20210803_205236.jpeglarge.IMG_20210804_172709.jpeg

19.11.21. Group shot 

Light flipped to 12/12. 8am lights off 8pm lights on

large.619821f0884ce_flowerspace(Large).jpg

Left to right bottom row, all seeds stockers.

Auto xxl CBD critical,  Green crack, Auto 1:1 CBD Silver Lime Haze,  Wedding Glue

Auto xxl CBD critical

large.619821fe4b451_xxlcritical(Large).jpg

Green Crack

large.619821f7ee843_greencrack(2)(Large).jpg

Wedding Glue

I did move that leaf. 

large.619821fd1d4e7_weddingglue(Large).jpg

Auto 1:1 CBD Silver Lime Haze

great photo not. 

large.619821f6bf77b_cbdslh(Large).jpg

So all in all again more over watered plants. 

Anyways thanks for looking. 

• Like 14

Cracking diary thus far, lots of cool factors going on here... Shed, Blumats, good photos and detail/presentation! It will be interesting how they do on the Blumats once the roots down and can avoid the over watering. I would also consider getting some shut off valves on the resevoirs and and the end of the line. Really helps for bleeding the line and in the rare eventuality of failure. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for swinging by @InTheSystem good to see you around. 

Hella all,

Sorry for the lack of the updates lost my grow mojo a little. the weather has been shit for ages now 

25.11.21- Day 27

Flower Day 6

Visit 3.  Little rough round the edges in many departments. 

large.61b12b9f27da9_Group25_11.21(Large).JPG

08.12.21- Day 41

Flower Week 2

Visit 4. Here ia the environmental report since the start of flower, as you can see it went down hill rapid. The 28mm timber and 50mm insulations boards isnt cutting it.

Only really recovering to optimum range once, nearly twice. 

large.Screenshot_20211208-211108.jpg

Groups.

Plant order top- Left to right

Blues, DiscoBiscuit F2, Remo Chemo

AutoXXL Critical CBD, GreenCrack, Auto Silver Lime Haze CBD, Wedding Glue

Light LED turned up to 100w. Being feed 1ml Intense Dirt grow with room temperature rain water in tropf blumat tank.

They doo seem to have stretched a bit, but all in pretty green which is good. 

large.61b12bef9639c_Group(3)(Large).JPG

large.61b12beb04664_Group(4)(Large).JPG

large.61b12be9c82dd_Group(1)(Large).JPGlarge.61b12bf0c4c19_Group(6)(Large).JPG

Green Crack

large.61b12bee5dd2c_GC(Large).JPG

large.61b12be6566cf_gc(2)(Large).JPG

Auto XXL Critical

large.61b12be87231d_cdbcirtical(Large).JPG

Wedding Glue

large.61b12bec47990_wg(2)(Large).JPG

Auto SilverLimeHaze CBD1:1

large.61b12bed5359b_autoslhXcbd(Large).JPG

All in all, it could be worse. hey ho we keep going.

If there lucky next visit i may try and arrange them into a more gird like pattern. lol

Thanks as ever

GG

• Like 14

Looking good, they've really bounced back, some top noodling :)

Those temps don't look fun to be dealing with,

Here's to a mild winter

:oldtoker:

• Like 4

Not looking too shabby all things considered. Shame about the low temps, hopefully they hold out alright. Have you ever thought about a closed environment with a dehumidifier and CO2 system? I was dreaming a up a stealth outbuilding grow the other day (for when I move into my imaginary house lol) and had that Idea for the colder months, not sure about the costs involved, but I'm sure I could DIY most things to bring costs down.

• Like 3

Thanks for the nice words @Clumsy considering the lack of love I am happy.  Tbh. Alll bit slap noodle dash. What will be will be its all bit of fun an learning experience. 

Cheers @MindSoup.  Last year at this time I was also rocking a 1000/1500w oil rad in there but it drank leccy like I dunno what, with rising prices I thought Id try less this winter run. Temps was better last year but I think we have already had more snow this year.  That's storm stated the partty.

I do have meaco dry ABC 10l dehumidifier on none groom part of the shed which helps a little bit it's more to stop the shed getting condensation an hopefully not rotting.  C02 is one the areas I've not researched tbh it seemed expensive an little out my skills bracket. Interesting though. 

Thanks all.

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 3

Yeah CO2 does look quite expensive to set up, but once its installed its as easy as setting a humidity controller or a thermostat, you just tell the controller what level you want to maintain. Cutting out air exchange (I'm talking fully sealed, no intake or extraction) would reduce the heating costs dramatically so it could end up paying for itself over time. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Hello All,

Quick weekly updater here. Happy I popped my head in the shed as one of the rogue regs at the back was male ans had started to blow his loads AOTS.

He was swiftly removed and he rest of the ladies even spaced. finally. 

Temps have improved a little has the snow outside has now shifted.  As you can see the last few days ave been in my target temp ranges.

Just need them to stay there now. id love to get a 8th of each for samples. Any WAYS what wil be will b.

Just bit fun over winter isnt it.

large.Screenshot_20211217-114212.jpg

The Group Shots

Plant order top- Left to right

Auto XXL Critical CBD, Blues, DiscoBiscuit F2 (Male an Removed), Remo Chemo

Green Crack, Auto Silver Lime Haze 1:1: CBD, Wedding Glue

100w of 220w Highlight LED

lights off 

large.61ba66e5d516c_group15.12(4)(Large).JPG

lights on

large.61ba66dfe628d_group15.12(3)(Large).JPG

Day 47 Flower Week 3

Individual Closeups

Wil look to start some Intense Dirt Bloom feed now @1ml Per 1L

The ladies really arent drinking very much at all, at most i top up the resi with 5l rainwater once a week.

Auto XXL Critical CBD

large.61ba66e814798_SSAutoXXLcritcalCBD(1)(Large).JPG

Green Crack-  fem

large.61ba66e417bcd_greencrack(Large).JPG

Auto Silver Lime Haze 1:1: CBD

large.61ba66e255e95_SSAutoSLHCBD(Large).JPG

Sorry I deleted the Wedding Glue fem photos, i will make sure to snap extra next visit. 

Finally the the rogue ladies n male on the back row.

Blues

large.61ba66dbb446a_blues(Large).JPG

Remo Chemo

large.61ba66e6f0bf0_remochemo(2)(Large).JPGlarge.61ba66e0ed830_remochemo(1)(Large).JPG

DiscoBiscuit F2

@mikeydoughnut  This is what I do with my males mate. Taken out and put in small dp60 side tent, trimmed down stuck in some water and balls left to open on the clean card below ready to swept up n put in parcel paper and then the freezeer until ready to be used on the sweet sweet females.

large.61ba66de79b22_dbmale(1)(Large).JPG

As ever thanks for checking in all.

Any questions just let me know.

GG

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 11