Cheap Accurate PAR Readings

MindSoup

58 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Veg 600

Flower 750-850

do you increase for pre-flower brother? 

I do. if my vegging plants are at 500 PAR, when I go to pre-flower, I set to 700 PAR for the stretch, then up again to 950/1000 PAR for flower proper

[its still experimental atm, cos my LED's are still new/at start of learning curve]

mystic

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Changing pages is a luxury my 3 browsers can barely afford.. lol

Anyway, thanks for the info, good to know what plants prefer without the usual slagging match we hardly ever see these days.. :yep:

It was on the same page, just needed to scroll up, I feel your pain, can be a pita sometimes changing pages :)

Edited by The Villan

10 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

do you increase for pre-flower brother? 

For the most part I just let them grow into the light, 300 will be 600 once they get taller and then a few days into stretch they'll be into the 750. Definitely not the most energy efficient method but any way I can save lifting a finger and all that lol

Multiply by 0.017 for PAR level. Set the height you want, sually 6" or 12", or whatever and adjust the intensity at the control to suit the growth stage, and maintain that par reading for  that growth stage. You can lift the light as well to dim. The greater the distance, the more energy you need.  Do note I'm assuming the fixture ENTIRELY covers the grow, or near enough. If the light is compact in area  then you have to work with a higher fixture to get the required coverage to the edges.