Forestguy

Updates from this year.

This year from RGSC: royal mazar, exo gold, kushty bx clones. All the good stuff finished recently.

This year royal mazar showed 3 expressions:

1. Low stretch, yield good, quite mould resistant phenotype. Bud quality could be better, not leafy but not much frost, not sticky, not fragnant.
  2. Low stretch, very prone to mold, I would assume good yielding but it rots even without rain. Best bud quality, sticky, frosty, fragnant. Could be good with bud sites thinning at the start of flowering.
  3. Sativa dom, stretchy, yield good, good bud to leaf ratio, although smaller buds, less frosty and fragnant than pheno 2, but best mould resistance, hardly any mould. Excellent breeding stock.

Exo gold mixed results. I ran 3 of them. Couple of them caught stem borers, one died, another one survived, started to flower early enough, yielded something, but can't comment. Took some clones of the early pheno, it needs a second run next year to make some sort of conclusion. Healthy one too late for my lat, needs at least couple more weeks but good resistance to mould.

Indoors I had a very fast kushty bx pheno. Buds were light ant fluffy but done in 7 weeks. So I cloned that one. Plants didin't grow too tall. Max 5ft. Started to flower early, looked very leafy at the start but ended up with the best buds this year. Big, sticky, smelly, dense and tight colas. Very good yielding. The only problem is the rot. With this kushty pheno I would suggest budsite thinning to reduce density of the colas. More clones of this one. To cross this one to royal mazar 3rd expression would be awesome.

Indoors I had another kushty bx pheno which produces much better quality buds but was slower. Outside it's too late. At lat 53 and below worth a shot.

• Like 2

Updates from this year.

This year from RGSC: royal mazar, exo gold, kushty bx clones. All the good stuff finished recently.

This year royal mazar showed 3 expressions:

1. Low stretch, yield good, quite mould resistant phenotype. Bud quality could be better, not leafy but not much frost, not sticky, not fragnant.
  2. Low stretch, very prone to mold, I would assume good yielding but it rots even without rain. Best bud quality, sticky, frosty, fragnant. Could be good with bud sites thinning at the start of flowering.
  3. Sativa dom, stretchy, yield good, good bud to leaf ratio, although smaller buds, less frosty and fragnant than pheno 2, but best mould resistance, hardly any mould. Excellent breeding stock.

Exo gold mixed results. I ran 3 of them. Couple of them caught stem borers, one died, another one survived, started to flower early enough, yielded something, but can't comment. Took some clones of the early pheno, it needs a second run next year to make some sort of conclusion. Healthy one too late for my lat, needs at least couple more weeks but good resistance to mould.

Indoors I had a very fast kushty bx pheno. Buds were light ant fluffy but done in 7 weeks. So I cloned that one. Plants didin't grow too tall. Max 5ft. Started to flower early, looked very leafy at the start but ended up with the best buds this year. Big, sticky, smelly, dense and tight colas. Very good yielding. The only problem is the rot. With this kushty pheno I would suggest budsite thinning to reduce density of the colas. More clones of this one. To cross this one to royal mazar 3rd expression would be awesome.

Indoors I had another kushty bx pheno which produces much better quality buds but was slower. Outside it's too late. At lat 53 and below worth a shot.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

@Forestguy, great read. Good to see another grower at the same latitude. :) 

Have you thought about trying some Danish or Finnish strains? Denmark similar latitude, Finland way further north!

I hope to try a few different strains outdoors next season. Will be interested to know what you might take forward from your experience over the past two summers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...