Forestguy

I will do some outdoor strains reviews. Seeds were germinated middle-second half of June, planted out in soil early July. Lat 56, harsh second half of september and survivalist october. Open windy location. Mind you the second half of the season saw below average temps to average yearly. Sorry no pics :)

Auto GSC
One of the best autos I have ever grown.

Two major phenotypes indica and sativa.

Finishes in 90-105 days to preferance.

Indica phenotypes yield 2-5oz pp. With nice compact flowers, good leaf to but ratio. Mold resistance good.

Sativa phenotypes get big and heavy yielders 7+ oz while staying short. More open flower structure, but very good leaf to bud ratio. Mold resistance even better.

They are still curing, no smoke or taste reports yet. Smell while curing creamy gentle. My to go strain 100%. Auto yields close to a photo.

Auto amnesia

They stayed too long in peat pots so didin't get big.

Looks pretty stable and homogenous.

Flowers fast, 7 weeks from pistils and they are done.

Can't comment on yield, but if they didin't get stunted probably at least 3oz pp. Mold resistance very good, leaf to bud good.

Taste wise very aromatic, very unusual smell and flavour. Still needs more cure for proper smoke report, but so far high was very gentle smooth sativa without anxiety. Again needs more cure.

Royal mazar

First thing to notice there is lack in consistency. Too much variation in finishing times. Some start to flower early august, some in september.

Early stuff gets reasonably heavy 7+ oz pp while staying short. Bud to leaf ratio medium, mold resistance very good.

With early august flowering finishes mid-late september.

Late flowering looks like it would be end of october. Looks leafy as of now, a lot taller in height. Maybe earlier plant out would have knocked a week or two off.

Because of medium bud to leaf ratio needs way more cure, smell is quite dodgy so far. No smoke report as of yet. Would be good strain to go if there it would be more homogenous.

Mighty gold

Pretty homogenous but late in floweing, gets big. First half of september start, maybe a week earlier than late royal mazar phenos. Structure looks good, potential is there, good to go for below lat 53. We shall see how much mercy will october have on them.

Purple freeze

I had big hopes for them. Started flowering late august-early september. Bud to leaf looks good, frost level good, gets medium to medium-big size. But one phenotype is prone to herm at the second half of flowering stage. No go strain as of now as it is.

Whitey freeze

There is variation in starting times from start to end of august.

Early stuff was very good growth wise. Stays short to medium, heavy yielder, 11+ oz. Finishes the very end of september. Mold resistance is good but you need to watch out for it in the last couple of weeks. Frost level good, leaf to bud ratio good.

Late stuff starts to flower end of august, looks like middle-second half of october finish. Mold resistance looks good.

Definetely getting more of these. Even with variation, the early phenos give a proper treat. Smell is what I would say close to a standard weed smell. Cures very well. Smoke report after proper cure.

I will update this review in the future with added smoke reports, maybe after new year, maybe sooner. If it doesn't cure for a least 2 months it's no good in my opinion.

As of now I would highly recommend auto gsc and whitey freeze. For the future reference I would be looking into kushty bx because it's backcrossed, should be more homogenous and if it has similar auto-semi auto flowering pattern to whitey freeze it would be a solid bet.

• Like 7

On 10/10/2021 at 0:07 PM, Forestguy said:

I will do some outdoor strains reviews. Seeds were germinated middle-second half of June, planted out in soil early July. Lat 56, harsh second half of september and survivalist october. Open windy location. Mind you the second half of the season saw below average temps to average yearly. Sorry no pics :)

Auto GSC
One of the best autos I have ever grown.

Two major phenotypes indica and sativa.

Finishes in 90-105 days to preferance.

Indica phenotypes yield 2-5oz pp. With nice compact flowers, good leaf to but ratio. Mold resistance good.

Sativa phenotypes get big and heavy yielders 7+ oz while staying short. More open flower structure, but very good leaf to bud ratio. Mold resistance even better.

They are still curing, no smoke or taste reports yet. Smell while curing creamy gentle. My to go strain 100%. Auto yields close to a photo.

Auto amnesia

They stayed too long in peat pots so didin't get big.

Looks pretty stable and homogenous.

Flowers fast, 7 weeks from pistils and they are done.

Can't comment on yield, but if they didin't get stunted probably at least 3oz pp. Mold resistance very good, leaf to bud good.

Taste wise very aromatic, very unusual smell and flavour. Still needs more cure for proper smoke report, but so far high was very gentle smooth sativa without anxiety. Again needs more cure.

Royal mazar

First thing to notice there is lack in consistency. Too much variation in finishing times. Some start to flower early august, some in september.

Early stuff gets reasonably heavy 7+ oz pp while staying short. Bud to leaf ratio medium, mold resistance very good.

With early august flowering finishes mid-late september.

Late flowering looks like it would be end of october. Looks leafy as of now, a lot taller in height. Maybe earlier plant out would have knocked a week or two off.

Because of medium bud to leaf ratio needs way more cure, smell is quite dodgy so far. No smoke report as of yet. Would be good strain to go if there it would be more homogenous.

Mighty gold

Pretty homogenous but late in floweing, gets big. First half of september start, maybe a week earlier than late royal mazar phenos. Structure looks good, potential is there, good to go for below lat 53. We shall see how much mercy will october have on them.

Purple freeze

I had big hopes for them. Started flowering late august-early september. Bud to leaf looks good, frost level good, gets medium to medium-big size. But one phenotype is prone to herm at the second half of flowering stage. No go strain as of now as it is.

Whitey freeze

There is variation in starting times from start to end of august.

Early stuff was very good growth wise. Stays short to medium, heavy yielder, 11+ oz. Finishes the very end of september. Mold resistance is good but you need to watch out for it in the last couple of weeks. Frost level good, leaf to bud ratio good.

Late stuff starts to flower end of august, looks like middle-second half of october finish. Mold resistance looks good.

Definetely getting more of these. Even with variation, the early phenos give a proper treat. Smell is what I would say close to a standard weed smell. Cures very well. Smoke report after proper cure.

I will update this review in the future with added smoke reports, maybe after new year, maybe sooner. If it doesn't cure for a least 2 months it's no good in my opinion.

As of now I would highly recommend auto gsc and whitey freeze. For the future reference I would be looking into kushty bx because it's backcrossed, should be more homogenous and if it has similar auto-semi auto flowering pattern to whitey freeze it would be a solid bet.

Thanks for the strain report mate did you manage to get any decent pictures at all ?

• Like 1

I had some pics in password protected 7zip file but forgot the password. I'll try to get some pics over the weekend.

By the way whitey freeze is curing very well, now it has tasty lemony-fruity smell. GSC smell is still developing, but it's on a fruity side as well but not as intence yet, looks like indica pheno is 3+ oz pp. The dodgy smell of royal mazar is getting more refined, strong earthy note.

• Like 2

Hermed purple freeze more or less pollinated all lot, it ain't too bad, pollination speeds up maturation and it's too cold for proper seeds to develop, there still might be some seed rudiments, but it is as it is. Because of the low temperatures for the past few weeks buds just don't swell. Salad buds. At least something.

Purple freeze nice plant, if it would start blooming at least couple weeks earlier it would be excellent.

large.616ac6a54c9c8_purplefreeze1.jpeglarge.616ac6ab2af36_purplefreeze2.jpeg

Hermi purple freeze was a cool plant until it hermed. At least it hermed during second half of flowering.

large.616ac6af8e1c0_purplefreezeherm1.jpeglarge.616ac6b59d2a4_purplefreezeherm2.jpeg

Mighty gold looks nice, but too bad it's too late in my latitute. Maybe with early plantout and warmer than average autumn it could show more potential.large.616ac69976e90_mightygold1.jpeglarge.616ac69b74a36_mightygold2.jpeglarge.616ac69e7c488_mightygold3.jpeglarge.616ac6a04f251_mightygold4.jpeglarge.616ac6a319e75_mightygold5.jpeg

Late flowering whitey freeze pheno, for obvious reasons it's a lot more salad bud specimen compared to earlier pheno.  Curing early pheno buds.

large.616ac6d623855_whiteyfreeze2.jpeglarge.616ac6d068458_whiteyfreeze1.jpglarge.616ac6de26748_whiteyfreeze3.jpeg

Royal mazar even if it's late it's rather fast salad. And some curing early stuff.

large.616ac6ba7eecf_royalmazar1.jpeglarge.616ac6cbf4068_royalmazar4.jpeglarge.616ac6c2d33d0_royalmazar2.jpeglarge.616ac6be3fc68_royalmazar1.jpglarge.616ac6c765729_royalmazar3.jpeg

Auto gsc bud shot

large.616ac6896acfc_autogsc.jpg

And some auto gsc big pheno pollen. I intend to make some F1 with mighty gold, might be interesting duo which could result in some phenos that could work in my lat.

large.616ac696dee65_gscpollen.jpeg

• Like 11

hi forest nice grow , your in my latitude 56.2.!! mate my first grow was GSC, 2 GIRLS indoors  with good yield , you give me ispira'tion to

turn guerilla next year . ..  are you east or west  ? .an would you say best location wold be between a mile away from home or futher ? 

( its not because fuel prices are goin up neebour ) lol regards gegeo.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 0:07 PM, Forestguy said:

Purple freeze

Is that the original purple freeze or the back cross BX1.. mine did great andl ook a lot diff to your pics

2 hours ago, geogeo said:

hi forest nice grow , your in my latitude 56.2.!! mate my first grow was GSC, 2 GIRLS indoors  with good yield , you give me ispira'tion to

turn guerilla next year . ..  are you east or west  ? .an would you say best location wold be between a mile away from home or futher ? 

( its not because fuel prices are goin up neebour ) lol regards gegeo.

When choosing location many factors come in to play. Amount of plants, transportation route, style of growing organic prepared supersoil proper gg or with fertilizers with often visits, when going strong with fertilizers you want a water source nearby while with proper organics gg you can just use mulch and no fertilizers and water only if there's prolonged draught. Obviously the difference between organic and with ferts when done right is tremendious, but proper organic gg is less maintenance. Spot must receive as much sunshine as possible and if possible open windy location is very advantageous when it comes to rot prevention. Best to look for remote open south facing areas with some sort of accessible water source nearby. 

18 minutes ago, Revive said:

Is that the original purple freeze or the back cross BX1.. mine did great andl ook a lot diff to your pics

That's BX1. They do look different because they got pollinated and many more factors. Lat 56, less sun intensity in autumn, late flowering start, shite weather and the cold. From what I noticed every 3-5 degrees up north delays flowering between 2 and 4 weeks depending on other factors as well. Maybe if I planted them out in may I could have gained a week or two earlier start. But anyway purple freeze is a no go for me at the moment. Someone posted some pics some time ago showing purple freeze nanners. I had big hopes because genetic background looks very solid for this strain, I even thought about making some x with auto. But the specific phenotype is prone to do some naughty things.

Edited by Forestguy
  • Like 5

Just now, Cornishforest said:

I just cropped a purple freeze bx1 at lat 50, very different from the ones cropped in September. large.IMG_20211004_131513_compress58.jpg

That looks lovely mate

3 hours ago, Forestguy said:

Someone posted some pics some time ago showing purple freeze nanners.

Hey dude.. yeah I saw that somewhere to a while back.. guess I've been lucky then..4 went out and 3 came home.. slugs got the forth.. 1 was stressed right through flowering but not a nanner in sight.. all produced some big fuk off nugs but had 2 diff phenos.. large.20210926_184514_compress88.jpglarge.20210926_184038_compress37.jpglarge.20210920_174512_compress71.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your review Forestguy. Really helpful stuff. I did well with Royal Mazar in the 2021 season. Yes defo regarding the lack of homogeny. But I took clones from best phono to keep it going and use for the 2022 season.

I totally agree with your review of Mighty Gold. Exactly what I experienced. 

I was pondering to Whitey Freeze but your review has helped me to make the decision. I will definitely be giving this strain a go next season.  

also your review of the GSC auto strain sounds v inspiring. I had kinda ruled out growing autos due to bad experiences. But your review makes me want to try the GSC auto. Can you tell me which breeder/seed company they were from ? As I want to get the same ones as you did. Sounds promising.

Thanx & Respect 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I would try to run a bunch of seeds indoors as mother plants, then take some cuttings from each of them and see how they go outdoors, I assume that earlier plantout + well established clones instead of seeds would speed up initiation of flowering by at least 2 weeks. By the end of the season you could see which one do you fancy the most and keep it as a mother plant. Maybe even make some S1's :smokin: at lat 56 stuff that finished the very start of october at most is what is required. Even with second half of september the lack of warmth and sun intensity shows up in the final product, compared to the stuff that finishes in august. So for nice looking potent buds second half of september is the most desirable time for a good finish.

Anyways some reports after some cure:

• I still had few g's of auto amnesia left. It had intense rush high at first (harvested with plenty of amber), but seemed to be short lasting and medium potency with quick tolerance build up, no to little after effects. Would grow again? No. Wasn't too impressed.
  • As for auto GSC you need to get the sativa phenotype, I thought I harvested it a bit early with some clear and white pistils still shooting, maybe next time I would give it another week tops. Potency medium (maybe up to upper medium), I think with earlier plantout and harvesting it in august or end of july while sun is more intense would improve the matters in this department by quite a lot. High is rather balanced but a bit more leaning to the sativa side, after a strong spliff I just can't follow the stuff that's happening around me and wander somewhere in my mind, no couchlock. Good for chilled relaxing setting. No anxiety or paranoia, mind friendly stuff. Indica phenotype is milder so far, soft fuzzy social weed. Grow again? Yes, just to get more sativa phenotypes.
  • Royal mazar is mostly sativa high, rather energetic, potency similar to GSC, you can do active stuff on it, no burnout. Would grow again? Yes, maybe the buds aren't the prettiest but get the right phenotype and royal mazar delivers. Would be interesting to see a early royal mazar x strong indoor strain F3 stabilised early flowrering trait hybrid ;)
  • Early whitey freeze is the probably the strongest, most aromatic, has the biggest buds. Potency wise I would say upper-medium, lower-high. High is intense, rather balanced, spaces me out, a bit more indica leaning, can be couchlock, not good for doing stuff. Would grow again? Yes. I'm not sure how stable whitey freeze is but same combination I suggested with early royal mazar would be excellent with this one as well.

I haven't tried purple freeze yet, it was harvested around 20th of october, buds were quite leafy but the herm phenotype had some quite big on dense ones, because of the cold and lack of light average harvest around 4.5-5oz pp. Mighty golds and all other late stuff pushed to the limits and were harvested start of november, high air humidity resulted in great losses to mould. All that stuff goes into edibles.

Next year I might try some kushty bx1 and exo gold bx1 with early plantouts if possible. I do have a little project of my own, trying to make my own autoflower hybrid, robust heavy yielding sativa phenotype auto gsc crossed with ace seeds golden tiger, main goals would be to improve auto potency from medium to high, increase yields even more and improve resistance to rot. Big, always finishing, potent, heavy yielding autoflowering strain in some cases equal to outdoor photoperiod strains. Time will tell how that will work out.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...