Vaping causing sneezing

KC

23 hours ago, Nick Berry said:

I sometime get a couple of sneezes when vaping but do get a very runny nose from it.

And it tastes odd compared to smoking, it didn't at the start of vaping about may, seems very strain specific sweet zombie is the worse culprit.

The smell of it now makes my nose twitch and can set off the runny nose?

@Nick Berry Snap - well holy shit, it was sweet zombie for me too. Trimming it had me reaching for the antihistsmine. I only grew one plant out as it was a freebie seed but I won't be growing it again - it was the only strain out of 7 that did it too.

Edited by DeltaMelter
  • Like 1

@DeltaMelter

I tried sweet zombie with my PAX2 and low sniffles, I tried doing some trim through my Plenty and weirdly didn't.

This didn't happen from the start now I have little taste vaping now.

Critical +2 when curing would set me off but now it's not bothering I've just had one with the mighty and s bit of sniffles about 10 mins after.

All a bit weird

• Like 1

Given it’s with certain strains. Have you guys tried deeply inhaling the buds (not vaping or anything) to see if they make you sneeze? 

@B0bbyBuds Got me while trimming so its definitely the buds/terps/dust - buuut I didn't get it when smoking so that does something to it. Even dry toking an unlit joint can do it.

• Like 1

I believe the terpene responsible for this is most active when vaped at lower temps, it seems to be less active when vaped at higher temps, combusted or cured for a decent period.

I assume its one of the first terpenes to fade out during cure.  We do know that terpenes do this.  We also know they are more prevailant when vaped at a certain temp.  It would be possible with a bit of research to work out what the offending terpene is i think.

• Like 2

On 14/10/2021 at 0:43 PM, B0bbyBuds said:

Given it’s with certain strains. Have you guys tried deeply inhaling the buds (not vaping or anything) to see if they make you sneeze? 

Just thinking of sweet zombie makes my nose and tongue twitch

Edited by Nick Berry
  • Like 1

On 14/10/2021 at 0:43 PM, B0bbyBuds said:

Handling it is quite enough!  Dont even need to inhale.  Dont, ever, ever wipe the tears from your eyes when dry trimming..... ever....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It might be something called the photic sneeze reflex. That's what causes sneezing when looking at bright lights but with some people also when eating dark chocolate or spicy foods.

I sometimes sneeze when eating chocolate (no allergies). And a nice big vape cloud always tickles out a sneeze.

• Like 1

I've made some observations

The closer to 210C the worse my symptoms are

Mainly nasal drip

If I stick to 190/195 it goes away/reduces a lot

I tried smoking a one skinner of sweet zombie and that now gives me the nose drip and a tendency to have a semi asthma like coughing fit which I didn't have before.

one of my meds has a cannabis interaction warning but I don't get that at all but it does seem to give me awful dry mouth.

several of my meds also have dry mouth warnings. so this lot compounds the issue      

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The sneezing is always two, i for each nostril?

Mine had gotten so bad as I had a lung infection caused fy flooding on my lungs I last the ability to breathe at the end now fixed 

@Nick Berry I've not had the sneezes for awhile (stopped vaping fresh weed) but I used to get loads not just 2.

How did you get flooding on your lungs? :unsure: Glad to hear you're better though.

44 minutes ago, KC said:

How did you get flooding on your lungs?

It was part of another more serious problem

Not related to vaping/smoking at all

• Like 1