Vaping causing sneezing

KC

Does anyone get the sneezes from vapourising? I've got a Pax2 and when I use it on the lower settings it makes me sneeze a bit, they usually stop after a bit and I can vape normally. The last time I used it I did pack quite a bit in but this time the sneezes were pretty violent, in fact it put me off a bit, I've not used it since. I really want a nice desktop (volcano really) but I'm worried about spending all that money and finding out I can't use it.

Anybody know why this happens? My mate says he's never heard anyone get the sneezes from vaping but surely I'm not the only one? I'm going to try it again now :wacko:

• Like 6

I tend to sneeze sometimes just after vaping when the odour is really sweet. Sets the wife off too on occasions. Doesn't happen all the time, just with certain strains. I use a Volcano. It hasn't put me off. It's not when I vape but the odour afterwards that cause it for me.

• Like 3

im going to get shot down by all the 'vaporizer pros' who have been to vape college for 10 years and graduated with a volcano lol 

I always say that vaporizing releases particles which makes sense especially depending on temperature because when you smoke it releases extremely fine particles .
My theory is that vaping releases a lot less of these particles however enough to give you the sniffles or a sneeze depending on the grow conditions of the herb you are consuming. (Imagine Dusty house, or perhaps grown next to a field of crops)

The good news here is that if you used a bong or a water bubbler attached to a vape the particles will get stopped on their way. That is the one good thing about water bongs/bubblers they do catch the particles on the water.

I would highly recommend you check out Vapefiend and consider purchasing an Arizer V Tower (check with them its the latest model with the silicone whip and not the toxic PVC whip that came with predecessors) and then order yourself a mini bong off somewhere (mine was £6.99 delivery included) , here is mine (Arizer Extreme Q , had a V Tower years back wanted an upgrade after years break lol  V tower is the same as extreme q but it doesnt blow the bags up thats all there is to it (and no the fan cannot cream a bong) :
 large.glass.jpg

Edited by vape_ninja
  • Like 2

Just now, vape_ninja said:

Imagine Dusty house

you should see my house lol

i can't say i have ever sneezed after vaping/smoking, cough maybe sometimes, but not sneezing

• Like 3

Just now, ratdog said:

you should see my house lol

i can't say i have ever sneezed after vaping/smoking, cough maybe sometimes, but not sneezing

everyone is different with allergies and dust tolerance etc though right? for example me im sure i burnt my sinuses out from too much ket 

• Like 1

Just now, vape_ninja said:

everyone is different with allergies and dust tolerance etc though right? for example me im sure i burnt my sinuses out from too much ket 

i have hay fever/dust alergies mate, and i did phet/pills for 17 years, regularly snorted

Vaping and dabs can make me sneeze I think it’s strain dependent terp profiles etc as some do and some don’t. I’ve not noticed it as a temperature thing. 

• Like 6

Thanks for the replies guys, good to know I'm not a weirdo (well not in that sense anyway). I only get the sneezes on setting one really, but that's pretty much the only setting I like, 2 is ok at a push. Settings 3 and 4 are just rank, I'd rather smoke a spliff tbh.

I've seen somewhere selling the hybrids really cheap so I was wondering but then I want a trim bag too, no way I can get both....decisions decisions :doh:

• Like 3

Absolutely it can but its strain and terpene dependent.  I find its especially true the fresher the harvest.  I find the terpene that causes this allergy is fast to disappear with a cure.  Some times when i harvest a certain strain ill get puffy, streamy eyes and sneezy.  A few other growers have noticed this too, i know @Jimboo had experienced this before.

Im guessing its fairly recently harvested.  If it is stash it away for a month, then try it.

;)

• Like 5