Olive Oil Extraction

stu914

53 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Now take 4 or 5 teaspoons full to check for potency :mmmmmmm:

Atb 

Remember you have built up a tolerance level that your missus hasn't(I assume). 

:yinyang:

No point in me trying it, my tolerance is way to high...I'll start her off on 5 drops which is about 1/4 ml...see what happens.

My growbud barely uses so has virtually no tolerance and has smoked the weed this is made from.

He says there's no buzz just a mellow feeling which is precisely what I'm looking for.

• Like 5

Just now, geogeo said:

hi guys do you think . im over decarboxaliting at 150f an cooking at 5hrs @ 165f .. MTC coconut oil . regards geogeo

make me regular twice a day mates good if f you are in need :yinyang:

Just now, geogeo said:

hi guys do you think . im over decarboxaliting at 150f an cooking at 5hrs @ 165f .. MTC coconut oil . regards geogeo

you shouldn’t decarb at all if your going to heat it for 5 hours at a higher temp. That’ll decarb it anyway. No point doing it twice.

thc can start to evaporate at around 155-157 degrees Celsius but your terps will evaporate at lower temps. Decarboxylation occurs best at 145 degrees Celsius not Fahrenheit your temp is only 65 Celsius. It would need to be 293 Fahrenheit for decarboxylation to occur otherwise your just warming your weed. 

anyway, next time run the weed for around ten minutes at 145c (293f) or for 30 mins at 122c (252f) to decarb it. There are graphs that show the decarb rate. The graphs show these temperatures and times both achieved the same thc content which was also the max they recorded.

id only decarb if your are creating oils that will be consumed cold. Anything that will be heated past 145c like a cake or burnt like honey oil then decarb occurs anyway so don’t waste time doing it. Just make your butter and bake away.

• Like 2

@geogeo

There are so many different decarb instructions about it's hard to know what's best. When I decarb in the Nebula Boost it says 1hr 30mins on 110c ....which is what I do. If i use the oven I do 120c for 30 minutes. My Noids machine does 100minutes at 115c. 

They all seem to work lol 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KC said:

@Jack? An ounce per cup, you animal! lol 

What temp did you run at mate?

Just ran it on oil setting on the MBM. Did the trick. Think it could have been potentially stronger as I found when taking the lid off it had a load of buds sat on the top not mixed in. Next time I'm gonna smash them all up real small after decarboxylation.

Perfect tho as I just capsule it up into 00 caps , saves scoffing a brownie etc every time I wanna get high

Edited by Jack?
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, Jack? said:

Just ran it on oil setting on the MBM. Did the trick. Think it could have been potentially stronger as I found when taking the lid off it had a load of buds sat on the top not mixed in. Next time I'm gonna smash them all up real small after decarboxylation.

Perfect tho as I just capsule it up into 00 caps , saves scoffing a brownie etc every time I wanna get high

hi its a must on the christmas list MBM , THANKS M8.

at last i managed to quit vaping i'm only ingesting now, seriously good medication sorry i never managed it years, i extract with coconut oil and just eat the chunks of oil,  once the tolerance had settled i find i'm maybe eating less than at the start.

• Like 4

i dont chew i just suck it to death and have no problem with that at all, when i make a batch i just got remember to put some in the freezer or it goes rancid

• Like 2

I just eat a chunk of it cold too , sometimes I eat a bit of dark chocolate with it but mostly I have by its self . 

Now and again , before I go to sleep I get the missus to rub it on the souls of my feet , I than wrap my feet in a towel to not get oil on the bed. I feel really good in the morning when I do this. 

I  have been meaning to mix the coconut oil with bees wax so it absorbs better , I will get around to it one day. But topically it's great stuff, just a little messy. 

• Al :yinyang:

• Like 4

thanks guys , wwwrong, kc, stu914.

sorry I DID DECARB,  at 250 F NOT 150 F ...     what im aiming for is a strong cbd oil tincture so i can take in the morning before work

as i have periipheral neuropathy , in my feet, it allways act's up about 4pm . (it like walking on a pebble beach bare foot) . last run was made

fast seeds cbd crack , i dont think it wasnt stong enough , . I only had 12grams x 3/4 cup MTC oil . i also gave it a spray with spirytus duch puszczy 95% vodka

to try to release cbd cannabinoids ,or my bud was to old 8 months .an cured. dont like licithin stuff. mde my last batch rancid in 6weeks . thanks again guys

will let you know how my next batch turns out , cooking tomorrow ,( must make notes, everyday is a school day )  

• Like 2

On 10/8/2021 at 1:06 PM, Jack? said:

Hello mate I had this problem on my first run after checking it for 4 hours some was above the blade which I pushed down, now before I stick the top on I just use a stainless steel potato masher to press everything once it all gets wet it stays down there :yep:

large.mixed.jpg

• Like 2