Olive Oil Extraction

stu914

I've finally got everything I need to produce oil for the mrs' various ailments, MS being the main one.

Critical Mass has a low balanced CBD/THC ratio and will be using this as she doesn't want to get high.

I'll be using olive oil and slow cooker method which has been successful for me in the past so have no problems with this.

My question is what ratio of bud to oil will give the best result?

Cheers  :yep:

• Like 5

I don't know if this is just me/my circle but it's half an ounce per cup (240ml). That's our standard dosage. Will you be using lecithin? I use the sunflower one, it helps bind the cannabinoids to the fats. 

• Like 4

Just now, KC said:

Will you be using lecithin?

Certainly will...:yep:  I usually use coconut oil but wanted something that she can use in drippers, hence the olive oil.

Picked up a ltr this morning so a couple of oz in that should be about right?

• Like 3

Just now, KC said:

Absolutely bang on sir! 

Cheers bud, that really helps...off to fire up the slow cooker now...:yep:

Thanks again

atb

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, stu914 said:

everything I need to produce oil for the mrs' various ailments, MS being the main one

Hey stu, can I be a pain and ask you to post some updates about dosages and efficacy please. My wife also has ms and this looks like a top idea. Cheers for this mate

:yinyang:

• Like 5

@Oldbear

I will bud, though this is a bit experimental so can't be sure how effective it will be, getting her to take it will be the next challenge.

She's prepared to swallow all sorts of Pharma gunk prescribed by the doc but reluctant to try anything I produce,

admittedly I did give her an unintentional whitey with some high THC chocs a few years ago, still hasn't forgiven me...:rofl:

Let's hope this helps in some way 'cos this disease is an absolute cunt of the worst possible kind...:bad::bad:

• Like 7

2 hours ago, KC said:

it helps bind the cannabinoids to the fats.

No, it doesn't. :D THC and CBD are easily absorbed by fats - Olive Oil has 15% saturated fats so it will work but consider this, coconut oil has 90%!

Lecithin is used to bind water and fat/oil it's recommended in most recipes as that's assumed you will be using the oil/fat for baking :yep:

• Like 3

Just now, KC said:

My mistake @Exhale

That's good to know. Next time I do a infusion I'll run without it then :)

Yeah mate I have read high and low on the net after making my mistake of not adding the lecithin when I knocked up my first batch in the MBM, there is a certain amount of fat in the lecithin but it's not enough to make the effects stronger and is mostly used an emulsifying agent :yep:

My canna infused coconut oil is deadly when you go over 2 teaspoons in porridge lol I went on the heavy side with mine 100g into a litre so 25g a cup(ish)? Your dosage sounds much more sensible!

• Like 4

I don't use lecithin either. I mostly rock coconut oil but Olive oil works with the CB2 receptor . Just use good quality Olive oil , there's a lot of shit on the shelves of the supermarkets. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Al Swearengen said:

Just use good quality Olive oil

I had a good read of what they had and chose one recommended for cooking rather than dipping, price was on the highish side but that's

not always the best...we'll see...

It's currently foaming away decarbing at 137deg F which I'm pretty sure is well within range and I intend

to give it about 8 hours, by then the bubbles should have stopped.

I ended up putting 70g in one ltr so right between the two and added just under a cupful of lecithin...used it before in coconut oil

with no ill effects so should be fine.

Plenty of buds left and happen to have a jar of organic coconut oil so might as well do another extract after this one.

Thanks everyone

• Like 6

Ten hours before the bubbles ceased, after cooling, straining and pressing returned 900ml (from 1ltr)

Happy with that, let's see if it does any good, can't do any harm eh?...:yep:

• Like 4

Now take 4 or 5 teaspoons full to check for potency :mmmmmmm:

Atb 

Remember you have built up a tolerance level that your missus hasn't(I assume). 

:yinyang:

• Like 5