Options for a 60x110x200cm space

resinbranch

Just now, Shumroom said:

Re: Controller 67,

You need to undersized your intake fan. 

Fwir, 

I'm pretty sure that if you are using a 6"extractor fan then you should use a 4" for the intake in order to maintain negative pressure. 

Check the details before you buy :)

Atb 

:yinyang:

Ahh, so the 67 maybe doesn’t balance the two? Definitely something to consider &

look into before I make the jump. Even if it’s not an issue it’s best to be certain. Cheers dude 

• Like 1

Ok so your maths is just a lot more in depth than mine lol

Yew you want to get a filter that matches or exceeds your fans max cfm. 

As for the twin fans thing I'm not exactly sure on details tbh, I only run a single s4 for my space (60x60x120). It was based of something I've the read on here as apposed to experienced first hand. There's plenty of videos on youchube so definitely have a watch to confirm what I'm saying. 

• Like 1

I see nothing on the app to allow each fan to operate at different speed/balancing.

I believe it's stated by AC INFINITY(somewhere) that you should use two different sizes to achieve negative pressure :) 

GAS EC5 is a fan speed/temp controller an balancer included,

doesn't monitor for humidity though.

Atb

• Like 1

Its also 3 times the price of the 67 and not compatible with ac infinity fans. Thats one thing that does suck about fans etc, the lack of cross compatibility.

• Like 1

I'm not sure for certain about the different sizes. All the manual says is that they don't have to be exactly the same model, not that they shouldn't be the same. @SNM you might be best sending off an email to AC to ask them directly tbh, be quicker than sifting through all the old threads/videos. 

Oh yeah one other important note about the controller 67, the low temp/humidity settings actually make the fan ramp up rather than down. Say you set your minimum rh at 40% it will speed up at 40% not slow down. So don't set lows just highs. Bit of an issue they'll hopefully sort out with an update.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Its also 3 times the price of the 67 and not compatible with ac infinity fans. Thats one thing that does suck about fans etc, the lack of cross compatibility.

That's my point,

the cost of a piece of equipment to do the job as you describe.

As for "compatability" it's a simple rewire job,

if you can wire a plug or sew on a button then you can do it :) 

Below are some photos from my rewire for my blooming areas(I use the 67 for my nursery tent).

large.IMG_2763.JPG

large.IMG_2836.JPG

large.IMG_2884.JPG

large.IMG_2885.JPG

large.IMG_2886.JPG

large.IMG_2887.JPG

large.IMG_2891.JPG

large.IMG_2895.JPG

large.IMG_2896.JPG

large.IMG_2898.JPG

large.IMG_2900.JPG

large.IMG_2902.JPG

large.IMG_2904.JPG

If anyone is trying to get their AC INFINITY Cloudline inline fans working with either the GAS - Enviro v2 or EC5,

feel free to tag me and I'll be happy to help.

Added:

I'll try to find the documentation that says about the fan sizes,

i've seen it enough times :) 

Atb

• Like 5

Good morning folks. Didn’t mean to

go AWOL - besides a day I couldn’t bare to look at a screen for more than 5 minutes, sleep deprivation & then infused chocolates got the best of me since I last posted haha.

@MindSoup - I actually emailed AC infinity on Thursday but haven’t had a response as of yet. If I go the AC route i’ll opt for a 4”IT & 6OT. The lack of balancing between two fans is a tad off putting on the AC line though -fans sound good for the money, as does the C67 albeit not fully functional for what I’d want to use in the long term.

@Shumroom the enviro controller has been on my list for a while - something I had the view of investing in down the road, but i’m reconsidering saving on other aspects of his set up & investing in a few pieces that’ll serve well over say 5 year. Really interesting mod you shared - think I’ve seen you share it in a grow diary iirc, & something i’ll consider if access to a unit comes round that has expired in warranty.

Heading out to get the most of the set up next week. Exciting times.

I’ve reconsidered the light for the useable space (0.7x0.6x2.2m) that’s available after measuring a heavily oversized outtake &

carbon filter. In two minds about either the AC Infinity line or spending more on a alternative set up - a close friend mentioned he may be able to score a good discount from a grow shop, which if is on the table will sway the final decision.

Honing in on the main chunks of the set up. Minus a few bits i’m open to suggestions on still, it’s looking like: 

Light: either a maxibright 200w, Sunlight ISH 150 or Exolux Gemini 220w (smaller than I originally intended but will reuse it for veg / mother tent down the line instead of in a larger space). 

Heavy Duty timer & conductor 

Out-take: either ACI CL S6 or 6” Systemair Revolution EC

Carboair 50 66cm 

3m G.A.S Phonic Trap Ducting

Intake: either ACI cloudline S4 or a 6” RVK A1

6m Phonic Trap ducting (plan to vent across the back bedroom wall towards the window for fresh air).

controller - C67 if ACI route, alternatively GAS Enviro v2 if things align.

oscillatory fan - open to suggestions. Like the look of a Wind King (oval rotation) but may be too big for the space.

Heater - small Oil radiator, but I’m looking at heated blankets / Floor pads too, with the thermometer by inkbird to use for soil temp monitoring  (may pick up at a later date). 

Medium & pot sizes - still pondering this & don’t have my other notebook at hand. Organic soil compost based though - potting up to either 2 x 16L or 3 x 9L (need to read a bit more but my current understanding is both would be suitable for the 0.75x0.6x2.2 space) - house of garden bat special, ecothrive biosys, ecothrive charge, RG recharge. 

RO Water filter - need to look into this properly. Need something that’s none perm fixture & I can use via a kitchen sink. 

EC meter 

….that’s all I can remember from memory, no notes at hand & i’m a bit fried so will be back. Hope you’re all well & enjoying your day :yinyang:

Edited by SNM

You won't need an EC meter if you go the compost route :yep:

Not sure why you'd need an RO filter, 

have you had your water checked? 

Atb 

• Like 1

Pretty handy mod, as long as you're not worried about voiding your warranty. I suppose humidity response isn't all that important, upping fan speed only really helps if the intake air isn't already too humid which it usually is. 

+1 on not needing an EC meter, or RO, in fact I've seen a few knowledgeable organic growers say RO water is detrimental. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

There's no warranty issue,

no warranty seal is broken :) 

It's easy to put back together in original form so no one would know any different.

• Like 1

Guest anarchycamp

It does say on their product page that using two fans on their 67 controller should be 4/6 6/8 8/10. I think the ledgrowlights guys might have posted it too recently.

Really need to set mine up:skin_up:

On 26/09/2021 at 2:04 PM, MindSoup said:

Pretty handy mod, as long as you're not worried about voiding your warranty. I suppose humidity response isn't all that important, upping fan speed only really helps if the intake air isn't already too humid which it usually is. 

+1 on not needing an EC meter, or RO, in fact I've seen a few knowledgeable organic growers say RO water is detrimental. 

@MindSoup& @Shumroom

Plan with RO water is to remineralise it & buffer with cal/mag (my understanding is plain RO water can strip the medium of cal/mag & other trace minerals - may be wrong in my understanding of it properly but I’m actively looking into alongside a dozen other things….you know how it goes haha).

EC meter was for buffering purposes but I may reconsider. I haven’t tested the tap water here but it’s on the harder side than soft I think (will test soon). 

I spoke to Global Air Supplies regarding filter size & fan - they’ve confirmed that using the Enviro Controller v2 will allow me to effectively reduce the fan size by maxing at approx 60% to accommodate a smaller filter (the 15x33cm Carboair 50, as opposed to the 66cm I’d need for the fan at max). That allows me to set the filter at the top of the space rather than stacking vertically to the left side, & use the full 1.1x0.6 footprint (a bit less if I’m to put in a mini humidifier). 

that leads me back the topic of lights - I’m on the fence between two: Par+240 Pro & a Telos 10 Pro (maybe a 6 Pro for this space but I can’t find any par map data anywhere).

They cover the same footprint (1.2x0.6). I have an opportunity to score 20-25% off a Telos, which will be say £60 more than the Par+.  Only thing holding me back is not being able to easily dim the Telos down.

The PAR reading data at 65cm hanging distance intimidates me a little, though the Par+ isn’t much lower. Reckon the Telos would be overkill for what will be a 0.9x0.6 in useable footprint? @Ledgrowlights-Adam - any input would be appreciated dude. Tried to message you but I can’t do so until post count is up.

thanks again folks :yinyang:

Edited by SNM
  • Like 2

On 26/09/2021 at 10:00 AM, SNM said:

Out-take: either ACI CL S6 or 6” Systemair Revolution EC

Intake: either ACI cloudline S4 or a 6” RVK A1

I don't think you'd be wise to go mixing ec and ac fans, if you come to use them on a controller you'll wish you hadn't :doh:

• Like 1

Just now, KC said:

I don't think you'd be wise to go mixing ec and ac fans, if you come to use them on a controller you'll wish you hadn't :doh:

I’ll double check (more quad check haha), but pretty sure the G.A.S Enviro Controller v2 allows mixing of AC & EC 

Edited by SNM
  • Like 1

Personally I'd still just go for 2 cloudines and a 67 just use a smaller intake than extraction to maintain negative pressure. The v2 seems an expensive solution to a problem you don't need to have. You can easily set you're maximum speeds so you don't run more airflow than your CF can handle, but personally I'd want every bit of air flow available in case you get a hot humid spell like we've had a couple of times this year. Remember dehumidifiers add heat. 

As for RO water I personally don't have much of an idea about it, but seems like a whole lot fuckery to take everything out and then put it back in, what would be the purpose behind doing that? RO water doesn't exist anywhere in the natural world so I can't see how it would be necessary to grow a what is essentially a weed. 

I'd go for the easy dimmer myself, I dim my lights every time I'm in my tent especially when I take pictures, having to get a screw driver out every time would be a right pain.

Edited by MindSoup