first try at cloning

RUFUS HOUND

Hi all, I had a go at taking cuttings and then planting them up - here are the results.

Ive glammed them up with sparkle pipe cleaners, not really lol they were just cheap and do the job but they look "mighty purty"

large.61320cc7b9a59_Clones-group.jpglarge.61320cc1a793b_Clones-closeup.jpg

• Like 14

Love the sparkles look :)      You look to be on a winner :yep: 

Same here,  for the 1st time in decades of growing  i decided that due to the relentless slug fest earlier this year that i would try doing something with the slugs leftovers , bought some rooting powder and had a go.   I now seem to have numerous little clones.... but have no idea whats what as i just picked up the cuttings the slugs made.   

Def got 2 Western Winds clones ....the colouration & stench gives it away lol    The others i have no idea.

Im sure they will reward me even if its just a single nug ... i will be over the moon expanding my growers skill set.    

• Like 3

looks like christmas

are they rooted?

2 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

How long do they take to root when you put them in the compost?

compost is usually 6-21 days, strain dependant and how you treat them, keep them sealed and warm, 26oc is ideal, and you will have some in this time frame

• Like 6
Just now, ratdog said:

compost is usually 6-21 days, strain dependant and how you treat them, keep them sealed and warm, 26oc is ideal, and you will have some in this time frame

Thanks mate:yep:

• Like 2

Looking well @RUFUS HOUND :) 

Just potted up some cuttings me sen. Almost killed them all with cold. But noticed just in time. Few days of warm and hey presto we have roots. 

Ran out of jiffy’s and intend to trim a mother back so going to see if me soil is suitable for taking cuttings, never tried straight to compost so good info :) 

• Like 3

I have no idea if they have rooted yet - took them a week ago and still looking perky so fingers crossed. 

How could I check for roots - I dont want to damage my babies!

I had no hormone rooting powder so I typed in diy fix and out came "use human salvia!" so thats what I used - doesnt seem to have done them any harm :cowboy:

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

How could I check for roots

You'll probably notice them growing a bit first, then it's just a case of checking the drainage holes for roots.

• Like 2

cheers will bare those in mind in the future

it will be a good few weeks before they appear out the bottom (if rooted), thought there might be some other way before that - guess I will just keep an eye on them.

Nothing ventured nothing gained!

Edited by Owderb
17 hours ago, MeMyselfAndIGuerilla said:

Monkey nutrients root shoot. Thank me later  

16 hours ago, Tegridy Farms said:

Clonex, misted with rhizotonic for the win.

I will look into these in the future but Im a tight wad and prefer free or low cost options.

There are quite a few cheap diy solutions - aspirin, saliva, apple cider vinegar and my personal favourite willow juice .

• Like 2
1 hour ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

I will look into these in the future but Im a tight wad and prefer free or low cost options.

In that case, try aloe Vera pulp freshly squeezed and slightly diluted. ;) Also a good lights out misting spray too. 

Edited by Tegridy Farms
  • Like 1

I dont use hormone anymore waste of money ime, Ive had barely a loss since. Also a bag of light mix goes alot further than root sponges or jiffys, Small party cups plastick container with lid misted left for 2 weeks in bottom of the veg tent job done. The only real knack is not wetting the soil to much. Cuts are easier than seeds in all fairness, people struggle usually through over watering and tinkering, 

• Like 4