wasp nests

badbillybob

A bit of ant powder does the job. 

Top tip. Get an 8 foot cane. Tape a metal cooking spoon to the end. Bed said spoon to such an angle that the next step will work. Fill with ant powder and twat the nest with it and run. Half an hour 95% will be dead.

Was nest drying powder and ant powder are the same thing just they charge more for wasp powder for some reason. 

If your feeling brave even just a good squirt with the bottle of powder will do it and may cause less disturbance. As said. Do it at night if they are very active.

I'm allergic as fuck to wasps and tbh, since using powder and a cane I just take care of them myself now. 

• Like 2

Just smoked one in my bike garage. Bought some pyrethrin smoke bombs from the bay and stood one on the top step of a tall set of step ladders. Lit the blue touch paper and made a sharp exit. Knocked the nest down this morning and there were no signs of life. They have been gorging on my ripening plums on the tree alongside the garage.

• Like 3

In a previous property we had a wasp nest in the loft. Purchased a can of 'wasp nest killer' or whatever it was, looked like a large can of fly spray with an air horn on the top. The idea is you point at the nest, the can discharges extremely rapidly (foam like substance sticks to the nest) and retreat promptly to let the poison do its work. Easy :yep: So in the loft balancing on a joist aimed the can and fired; what they don't tell you is the can discharges with significant force, so much so it partly destroyed the nest blowing it down from the ceiling. A significant number of extremely angry wasps emerged, never moved to fast in my life as I did that day exiting the loft.

Very effective mind you, a tentative peep into the loft void the following day everything was dead.

Fair warning should you decide to DIY :unsure:

• Like 2

Also should add if anyone gets reocurring nests and wants rid then get a fake wasps nest off ebay/amazon. Looks like a plastic bag but with similar wasp nest patterns on it.  I had bother with queens overwintering in my loft. They'd get confused with the heat and light coming from the house (i assume they think 'Yay spring time') and drop out of gaps around the hatch. Since putting the fake nest up. No more queenies randomly dropping around my house. 

Wasps/hornets are extremely

common where I’m from.
I regularly “solve the problem” of Wasps. I actually got popped on the hand by one last week at work. It’s a medium-shitty experience, but you won’t die. Assuming you’re not allergic. If you’re allergic there’s a very real chance of anaphylaxis and then you very well may die. Ehhhh...you should have a good understanding of your reaction to insect stings and bites. If you don’t know that about yourself, and you’re gonna get rid of it yourself, you should definitely have someone watching ready to call medical help. 

Google “Hot Shot Wasp and Hornet Killer.” I’m not sure if that’s available across the pond, but we have it everywhere in the states. Try and find something that has the same ingredients if that branding isn’t available. It immobilizes them instantly on contact. They drop out of the air. 

If you’re gonna tackle it yourself, you must find a method of dispensing the product that has a considerable reach. The product I mentioned reaches out about 8m. 

That’s a big ass nest. If I were going to kill that one I would do it from the outside of the structure with a can of Hot Shot in each hand, cowboy style. I’d have two more cans ready as backup. A nest that size will good and proper fuck you up if it gets away from you. 

Edited by Cajafiesta