CBD Strains - What's the high like?

yabbah

@milatary grade

(This really interests me but I don't want to commit to a 3 month grow of something that we may both end up not liking.)

My point is that Isolate is £4

Paying the running costs of a grow is a fair bit more, wouldn't you agree ?

Try the isolate if he likes it, then it's obviously worth getting he's grow on. With reference to the above top line in brackets.

I'm only saying this as I grow some CBD plants and preferred the THC only ones I ran alongside them, I know far few people that really don't like CBD.

Edited by BarrySHitPeas

15 minutes ago, BarrySHitPeas said:

My point is that Isolate is £4

I'd hate to think what the bulking agent is being used in that:puke:

Paying the running costs of a grow is a fair bit more, wouldn't you agree ?

If you're already growing i don't see the problem, And if you're growing with LED and the cost being devided by the number of plants it's nothing crazy.

Try the isolate if he likes it, then it's obviously worth getting he's grow on. With reference to the above top line in brackets.

The thing is using isolate won't be a true representation of CBD flower even if you was to add it to THC weed. Isolate can also take over two weeks for some people's endocannabinoid system to adjust to even notice any effects, for some it never has an effect. If they just grow their own at least they have some smoke to get them high still.

I'm only saying this as I grow some CBD plants and preferred the THC only ones I ran alongside them

We all are taking a gamble when we grow from seeds regardless of the strains being high in CBD or THC, Have you liked every THC strain you have grown? But 1:1 strains still get you high so not all lost:yep:

Anyways we should let the thread get back on topic, Have a great week and harvest if you have a grow on atm :bong:

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

Just now, Military Grade said:

I'd hate to think what the bulking agent is being used in that

Probably not as bad as the chemicals given of from combustion ....that have been proven.

No photo description available.

No way would I poison my body with that shite, all the fucking chemicals, no fucking way. lol

If you're already growing i don't see the problem, And if you're growing with LED and the cost being devided by the number of plants it's nothing crazy.

Yeah, but you could have used that light power on THC plant you do like.

"Cost being divided by the number of plants"... give this a read mate

2 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Isolate can also take over two weeks for some people's endocannabinoid system to adjust to

I've never heard of this ? Do you have any sources I can cite ?

4 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

We all are taking a gamble when we grow from seeds regardless of the strains being high in CBD or THC, Have you liked every THC strain you have grown? But 1:1 strains still get you high so not all l

True we do, Yeah I have they got me high, and that leads to dosing issue as we can't easily test CBD flower

to find its exact content of CBD unlike isolate.

10 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Anyways we should let the thread get back on topic, Have a great week and harvest if you have a grow on atm

I agree, hopefully we've both learnt something :hug:(It's nice to debate without it getting personal)

Just now, BarrySHitPeas said:

Probably not as bad as the chemicals given of from combustion ....that have been proven.

@twigs Is probably better at answering that statement. Not sure why you're aiming at me lol i am just relating what the topic of the thread.

2 minutes ago, BarrySHitPeas said:

No way would I poison my body with that shite, all the fucking chemicals, no fucking way.

Are you talking about pure cannabis? or tobacco?

4 minutes ago, BarrySHitPeas said:

I've never heard of this ? Do you have any sources I can cite ?

It can normally be found on CBD selling sites under the "How does CBD work" section. Or just google it, also google the horse shoe effect while you're there.

5 minutes ago, BarrySHitPeas said:

True we do, Yeah I have they got me high, and that leads to dosing issue as we can't easily test CBD flower

to find its exact content of CBD unlike isolate.

You can't with either if you're being trueful, But it only takes a couple of tries right, adding Isolate to bud you're still gonna have to work out to the dosage of the THC bud side of things, so you're point makes not difference here.

Anyways if you want to continue this topic you should make a new thread so this one can get back on topic:yep:

Not sure why you're aiming at me

1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

And you shouldn't smoke isolate in a joint, it's nasty

In relation to the above.

Are you talking about pure cannabis? or tobacco?

Have you not seen Trainspotting ?

It's ironic that he's drinking, while smoking a fag then complaining about chemicals....

5 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

It can normally be found on CBD selling sites under the "How does CBD work" section.

I have, and I couldn't find it, that's why I ask if you could back it up with a link.

9 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

You can't with either if you're being trueful, But it only takes a couple of tries right, adding Isolate to bud you're still gonna have to work out to the dosage of the THC bud side of things, so you're point makes not difference here.

Well yeah you can, that's the whole point of Isolate, it's been isolated to give an exact % so you can use that as reference for future, maybe after a few weeks when you've forgotten the potency of your flower.

Sort of why medical weed is labelled with %

Curious why bring up bring Horseshoe theory ?

"In political science and popular discourse,[1] the horseshoe theory asserts that the far-left and the far-right, rather than being at opposite and opposing ends of a linear political continuum, "

Hmm, what does polar politics have to do with it ?:unsure:

25 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Anyways if you want to continue this topic you should make a new thread so this one can get back on topic

Yeah, like you just did :yep:

On 19/08/2021 at 6:45 PM, yabbah said:

Have you got any good recommendations for a 5-10% strain? I kind of think its the thc that does it to me as sativa tends to not give me any paranoia. My favourite strain is amnesia and that makes most people racy and paranoid. 

Gonnae sound like a broken record here coz ah always gie the same advice, but tropical sats might be more your thing than CBD.

Ah tend tae get the fear worse wi indica heavy hybrids an some pure indicas. Even worse wi stuff that reeks the place out coz then am worryin about neighbours clockin on, folks bein judgy etc. Plus you don't want tae be known as the guy who smokes but never picks up frae the local guys, kind of a giveaway that.

Anyway, ah find the pure or close tae pure sativas are best for me. Interestingly they are often about 10-15% thc zero CBD and still get me flyin for hours at a time. Also less inclined tae have a strong smell on them (though results vary on that one) so better for stealth. The ace seeds lineup has plenty pure ones tae try an you can read smoke reports all over the web on their stuff.

Ah also have a feelin it's down tae havin ADHD. Like ah get prescribed amphetamines that are meant tae make you dead speedy but they calm me down an make me tired an relaxed. Same wi the pure sativas, some near put me tae sleep but wi the advantage of bein able tae get up an be active if needed.

The downside is they take a long time tae flower an are a whole different game tae runnin hybrids and indy plants, but for me the effects more than make up for it. Ah often run a few freebie fems or hybrid regs alongside tae get enough tae see me through an fill the gap between germ an harvest caused by a 16 week flower time.

• Like 2

On 24/08/2021 at 4:35 PM, JockBudman said:

Gonnae sound like a broken record here coz ah always gie the same advice, but tropical sats might be more your thing than CBD.

Ah tend tae get the fear worse wi indica heavy hybrids an some pure indicas. Even worse wi stuff that reeks the place out coz then am worryin about neighbours clockin on, folks bein judgy etc. Plus you don't want tae be known as the guy who smokes but never picks up frae the local guys, kind of a giveaway that.

Anyway, ah find the pure or close tae pure sativas are best for me. Interestingly they are often about 10-15% thc zero CBD and still get me flyin for hours at a time. Also less inclined tae have a strong smell on them (though results vary on that one) so better for stealth. The ace seeds lineup has plenty pure ones tae try an you can read smoke reports all over the web on their stuff.

Ah also have a feelin it's down tae havin ADHD. Like ah get prescribed amphetamines that are meant tae make you dead speedy but they calm me down an make me tired an relaxed. Same wi the pure sativas, some near put me tae sleep but wi the advantage of bein able tae get up an be active if needed.

The downside is they take a long time tae flower an are a whole different game tae runnin hybrids and indy plants, but for me the effects more than make up for it. Ah often run a few freebie fems or hybrid regs alongside tae get enough tae see me through an fill the gap between germ an harvest caused by a 16 week flower time.

Man thank you so much for taking the time to comment! That's the first time i've ever read of someone having that experience but its what i've always had suspicions about! 

The last grow i did was blueberry and strawberry cough both from DP. The blueberry made me para to bits but the SC had me all dreamy and euphoric. But it was the opposite for anyone who smoked them.

This makes my life even more difficult now because my partner loves the indica couch lock shit haha gonna be tough with limited space.

Didn't know about the sativa smelling less

I'll def check out the ace seeds stuff man. Thanks a mill for the tip

• Like 1

@yabbah don't get me wrong, sats can heavy stink an all - Panama had one pheno that was that powerful ah had tae stop takin her out the tent. Even a wee rustle stank the house up if it was no kept inside. But the longer flowerin stuff like ot haze an zamaldelica has been less pungent generally for me.

Ah also have the issue wi ma partner likin the indica buds more than me. Ah just grow some heavy hybrids alongside ma tropical sativas an that keeps us sweet, although she doesnae often get para wi sativas so she's fine tae toot them along wi me - it's more me that's a right curtain twitcher :ninja:

• 1 year later...

Cannabis is medicine for some people who live with anxiety. But not all varieties of cannabis are the same. Some strains can cause or exacerbate anxiety. It is critical to choose a strain with a high CBD-THC ratio. I am a fan of CBD cannabis because it helps alleviate anxiety after hard work.

@JockBudman

I'm the same. I find a heavy indica is much more likely to have negative effects. I get on with buzzy sativas though.

Edit: maybe I've got ADD/ADHD? Who knows.

Edited by silvester growdrobe
  • Like 1

I've grown CBD strains cos I get really bad anxiety (panic attacks :doh: they're not nice :sadwalk: ). To be honest CBD strains don't help with my anxiety. I don't get on with 'uppy' weed, but I've found that I don't get on with high CBD, low THC strains either. In my experience it's not about the THC or CBD, it's about much more than that, I've had high THC, low CBD strains that have really helped with my anxiety and I've had low THC, high CBD strains that have made it worse. It's about a lot more than just THC and CBD IMHO.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Boojum said:

I've grown CBD strains cos I get really bad anxiety (panic attacks :doh: they're not nice :sadwalk: ). To be honest CBD strains don't help with my anxiety. I don't get on with 'uppy' weed, but I've found that I don't get on with high CBD, low THC strains either. In my experience it's not about the THC or CBD, it's about much more than that, I've had high THC, low CBD strains that have really helped with my anxiety and I've had low THC, high CBD strains that have made it worse. It's about a lot more than just THC and CBD IMHO.

Im looking for a good cbd plant for my friend who has m.s and says the thc gives him vertigo  really bad , tried all sorts of mixes for him , had a good dinafem cbd plus  but  lost it..

Edited by dylant
spellllling

On 20/11/2022 at 3:22 PM, azobviously said:

Cannabis is medicine for some people who live with anxiety. But not all varieties of cannabis are the same. Some strains can cause or exacerbate anxiety. It is critical to choose a strain with a high CBD-THC ratio. I am a fan of CBD cannabis because it helps alleviate stress after hard work. I get my CBD cannabis from a reliable and safe online store, That's where I always find what I need. One of the advantages of CBD cannabis flower, in my opinion, is that it works quickly. You notice the calming effects usually associated with CBD within moments of taking it.

Edited by lildaveham
Remove offsite link. Please do not post links to cbd retailers.