Vitalink chill

Dsmile

The way you've described, and the autopot guide, isn't getting the best from the system or your plants. 

I'm not going to lie, I haven't got it in me to type the ins and outs of using the autopot system properly cos I'm on my phone so...

Use pure coco line the bottom of the pots with spreader mat to stop bits getting in the trays, 8.5ltr Square autopots never bigger unless you're growing a stupid big plant, but ideally bigger the plant, smaller the pot, better the system works and a plant!t water timer, like a timed valve. Never let them sit in solution 100% of the time, flush the system and plants (from the top) with plain water once a week, keep the e.c very low. Hand water the plants in veg/early flower if necessary until you cant keep up with watering them anymore , then put it on the system with timed floods. Make sure the pots are properly saturating with each flood. 

Clean every valve and tray in hot soapy water between grows, make sure they're spotless, take the rubbers out on the back of the valve, squeeze them a couple of times and refit them between each grow. Replace these rubbers once per year. 

• Like 2

I've got 10 autopot XL, bit unnecessary in size but when I just followed the basic instructions it was really simple and effective imo, important to use clean nutes, had best results with greenhouse powdered nutrients and autopots, only reason I swapped to dwc was because of growth speed

• Like 1

Just now, GSZZ said:

The way you've described, and the autopot guide, isn't getting the best from the system or your plants. 

I'm not going to lie, I haven't got it in me to type the ins and outs of using the autopot system properly cos I'm on my phone so...

Use pure coco line the bottom of the pots with spreader mat to stop bits getting in the trays, 8.5ltr Square autopots never bigger unless you're growing a stupid big plant, but ideally bigger the plant, smaller the pot, better the system works and a plant!t water timer, like a timed valve. Never let them sit in solution 100% of the time, flush the system and plants (from the top) with plain water once a week, keep the e.c very low. Hand water the plants in veg/early flower if necessary until you cant keep up with watering them anymore , then put it on the system with timed floods. Make sure the pots are properly saturating with each flood. 

Clean every valve and tray in hot soapy water between grows, make sure they're spotless, take the rubbers out on the back of the valve, squeeze them a couple of times and refit them between each grow. Replace these rubbers once per year. 

Totally agree, 8.5lt pots are the way to go, I clean and inspect all the bits at the end of a grow, use root control disks and start off hand watering from the top. I don't bother with the rest though, certainly no timers or anything like that. I dare say it would work quite well once set up, but its really not necessary.

• Like 1