Telling the difference between a spider mite and predator mite ?

HazyHashMan

@bushdoc Thanks for tip mate I’ll be sure to do that for the foreseeable few weeks. Already done 3 sprays in a couple days. Going to give them a few days break then hit them again. Luckerly I have a small propagator tent to work with so keeps everything in close proximity to each other should hopefully increase the effectiveness 

• Like 1

Yeah i have got the same issue here with the little buggers. one plant looks like its not going to make it such is the damage even after treatment by some spray from hrdro shop near me. I also hit them with h2o2 diluted with water before the hydro shop stuff. I have 4 plant 3 of them look "clear" and one now looks ravaged ffs. Lessons for next time - use predators - oh and don't give mites a chance to get anywhere near your ladies in the first place....Suppose I should be grateful that this is my 1st issue from nature in my growing career which is over 5 years now...so can't grumble.

26 minutes ago, Diddy said:

Yeah i have got the same issue here with the little buggers. one plant looks like its not going to make it such is the damage even after treatment by some spray from hrdro shop near me. I also hit them with h2o2 diluted with water before the hydro shop stuff. I have 4 plant 3 of them look "clear" and one now looks ravaged ffs. Lessons for next time - use predators - oh and don't give mites a chance to get anywhere near your ladies in the first place....Suppose I should be grateful that this is my 1st issue from nature in my growing career which is over 5 years now...so can't grumble.

Yeah I've noticed when I've had infestations before in a multi strain that they definitely prefer some strains to others.

• Like 1

@Diddy You might have had a better experience than me but i personally wouldn't recommend predators to anyone for spider mites anymore. They absolutely destroy thrips if you get those but the predators i bought for spider mites, can't remember the names but i got both species the california ones and the other species. Did absolutely fuck all in my case. I had a tiny infestation was barely even noticable and since releasing predators they've progress very fast and started webbing. Would normally blame myself but the temps and humidity were basically perfect for the predators and i used over double what the site recommend for a serious infestation and mine would have been classed as a light one. Plus the predators cost me just shy of £50 compared to the £10 iv spent on this harkers

For flowering plants i'd recommend the predators thought just to keep them at bay till harvest time since you can't spray buds without leaving some traces behind. But vegging plants i'd hit with the strongest stuff you can get your hands on