Almost ready to cure, is it *that* bad?

golden pony

Not a clue bud, but it's as good a guess as any.  If your local buff has seen the plants and has more info then go with it.  I'd change fertiliser too. 

Edited by fatboy77

4 hours ago, golden pony said:

Thank you for your time.

I think the local buff said the excess urea was causing indeed a lockdown from phosphorous and other nutrients, so it seems to be converging towards that. Some leaves were turning a bit brown as well but there was no sign of root rot or fungus.

As far as I know the yellowing tips earlier on might suggest too much nitrogen and an excess of nuts could have caused the lockdown which in turn could explain a mix of purple, browning and paling?

No pal, the yellowing tips mean too much bloom nutrients, potassium and phosphorus. Too much nitrogen will develop the claw. 

I can't see any tip burn on that picture but we would need pictures of the whole plant and a brand for the nutrients so we can see what they say.

Reddening early is a bloom deficiency and yellowing leaves is a nitrogen deficiency (although a lot of shit can cause purple to show through at this stage in it's flower cycle its  probably deficient)

1ml a litre sounds awefully light. Mine are on 3ml per liter 1 ml grow 2ml bloom.

We need photos of the whole plant and what brand of nutrients at the very least to try and help.

• Like 1

That plant has major problems. The leaves aren't green at all? Not a good sign. They're all pale looking. Looks like it was grown under a subpar light source, with nutrients all fucked up. I would bin it and grow a better one, with better equipment if you can. If you can't get a better light, just give this poor bastard a chance i guess. 

Guest anarchycamp

/\/\/\ Don't do that! It's an auto,feed it and harvest. Some people grow plants that give them less than 7g, just give it time.

My current run is my worst yet (lights off 28) but I'm riding it out.It'll no doubt be hermied but I can deal with that. Sub par bud grown organically shits on dealer weed

Best o luck

2 hours ago, FigmentofFig said:

That plant has major problems. I would bin it and grow a better one, with better equipment if you can. 

Thanks buddy but how is binning supposed to achieve anything at all, specially in terms of having something to consume soon which was the OP, really?

On 7/17/2021 at 5:26 PM, Whatwentwrong said:

No pal, the yellowing tips mean too much bloom nutrients, potassium and phosphorus. Too much nitrogen will develop the claw. 

[...]
1ml a litre sounds awefully light.

Below is another plant of the same species, picture taken at the same time than the older one and grown with no fertilizer at all so it does seem like adding more of the same to the problematic plant would do no good at all, this unfed plant having barely having purple tips. It looks pale on the picture, a bit less so to the naked eye.

CHGLlul.jpg

The burnt tips about it being from excess blooming nuts is puzzling then because those burn tips definitely happened on a veg fertilizer!!! Am just going change brand for starters. (unrelated: is pal a term for both men and women? Sorry English is another foreign language to me)

On 7/17/2021 at 5:26 PM, Whatwentwrong said:

We need photos of the whole plant and what brand of nutrients at the very least to try and help.

Thanks though going by the brown pistils advice I received, contrarily to general expectations it won't be "a few weeks" before it's ready: most of the white pistils on the OP picture already turned brown in the last 3 days since the old picture so at that rate it won't even be another 9 days before them pistils are all brown!? Unless the browning suddenly slowed down?? It seems to be browning quicker & quicker everyday.

Thus there would be nothing else to add at this stage instead of just flushing? Here is a picture from the side with the most white pistils from the OP cola.

DgAVMUr.jpg

In that case will just focus on the other, less mature plants and getting proper information for them and leave this one be... 

Considering all the above and the fact that all the color issues started appearing with that 1ml/L of fertilizer (and the veg fertilizer from the same brand for the burnt tips),  am just not going to use these fertilizers again at all and instead consult with confirmed local growers for a better product available locally. Maybe just feed enzymes for the problematic, fed plant given that the unfed one is doing much better.

28 minutes ago, anarchycamp said:

/\/\/\ Don't do that! It's an auto,feed it and harvest. Some people grow plants that give them less than 7g, just give it time.

My current run is my worst yet (lights off 28) but I'm riding it out.It'll no doubt be hermied but I can deal with that. Sub par bud grown organically shits on dealer weed

Best o luck

Heh thanks, the smell of even this problematic one is a lovely pine tangy, incomparable to dealers' stuff obviously (and there's nothing besides dealer's stuff locally). I plucked about a fifth of a gram off a lower cola and it does hit a much stronger high. Given the unexpectedly quick browning of the pistils they will all be brown before even 2 weeks so no more feeding in that scenario?

Finally, a pic of the bloom fertilizer that I will probably just stop using.

Vr03Waq.jpg

Edited by golden pony
generally shit grammar and bad writing due to highness after plucking my 5th of a gram

Guest anarchycamp

From seeing your other pictures I'd still keep going pal! Lessons will be learned and you'll progress,there's no progress to be made without seeing it through personally.

As for the feeding I won't comment as that's not my area of expertise, I'd be chastised for my practices

18 minutes ago, golden pony said:

(unrelated: is pal a term for both men and women? Sorry English is another foreign language to me)

Yes, both.

pal
/pal/
noun: pal; plural noun: pals
    1.    a friend."we've been pals for a long time"
verb: pal; 3rd person present: pals; past tense: palled; past participle: palled; gerund or present participle: palling
    1.    form a friendship."she palled up with some English chaps"

• Like 1

That second plant, the one grown with no fertiliser is defo hungry for grow nutrients. You really need a cannabis specific set to make sure it has the right stuff.

the bloom nutrient seems to have the right blend for flowering but if it didn’t get enough nitrogen through a grow nutrient in its veg stage then the plant will be light on nitrogen and that bloom nute doesn’t contain enough nitrogen to rectify the deficiency.

Also is that bloom nutrient a powder or liquid? never go over half what the packet says to use. If it’s powder and says 2g per litre start at 0.5g per litre and only go up to 1g when it’s in full flower. If it’s a liquid half what that recommends. Just FYI I find it’s easier to get tip burn with a powder than a liquid fertiliser.

you definitely need a grow nutrient, one high in nitrogen as that is what the plant is mainly missing.

Orchid nutrients work... go ahead buddy, if that's what you want to do. I only had the 1 picture to go off of, and what i saw was a plant that was gonna give you a few grams. That's not really worth it in my opinion, if you're gonna be waiting 2 or 3 weeks for it, from my point of view. In two or three weeks i could grow 75 grams in a 2 x 4 foot tent. But you need the right lights. But you hadnt provided any information about your tent or lights or situation with needing herb whatsoever. Here's a tip. Make sure you provide as much information as possible in these types of posts where you are asking advice. It will help everyone else to give you good answers. Good luck with your plants. And what were you asking in the first place? "Is it that bad?" You wanted to cut it down. I told you it looked bad lol what kind of answer were you looking for? And if you know confirmed local growers, why havnt they helped you out more? This whole thread is weird.

Edited by FigmentofFig

1 hour ago, FigmentofFig said:

Orchid nutrients work... go ahead buddy, if that's what you want to do. I only had the 1 picture to go off of, and what i saw was a plant that was gonna give you a few grams. That's not really worth it in my opinion, if you're gonna be waiting 2 or 3 weeks for it, from my point of view. In two or three weeks i could grow 75 grams in a 2 x 4 foot tent. But you need the right lights. But you hadnt provided any information about your tent or lights or situation with needing herb or how many plants you have whatsoever. 

Actually half of the information you mentioned is right there in the first post (the need for herb, the number of plants)- you could just read that and not make that stuff up.

Who said I had a problem with people rightly pointing it looks bad? That's why am here in the first place and lot's of people have pointed that out. That's pretty much OK - am looking for the "honest" kind of answer after all. Actually I've had quite a few points in this thread to discuss further when I have proper physical visits by experienced people in a couple days, so that's pretty great.

The question I asked you specifically is, how ditching a plant would be of any help?? Your answer is that just for a few grams it's not worth it. That's OK I can understand that. 

Then you realized that by looking at a single cola you can assume lots of things but not know anything about a plant's total yield, that's OK too and totally understandable.

Now you say that instead of waiting for the plant to be harvestable, you could instead grow 75gr in 3-4 weeks? That's where am not following you. Are you saying that replacing the bad plant with a new one would be better because in a month's time you could get 75 grams out of a new plant instead of taking care of the bad plant? Otherwise am not seeing how that could possibly relate to the current situation.

Edited by golden pony

14 minutes ago, golden pony said:

you could instead grow 75gr in 3-4 weeks?

This is not now nor will it ever be possible. No weed plant will produce weed in 1 month. 60 days maybe but they are 60g plants at most like grape gushers. Even in my dreams it takes longer than a month (if only there was a grow tent like that pizza oven in back 2 the future).

your plants are not ready, if the pistils are browning now then that is in response to the deficiency and it’s trying to finish as it believes it’s got no more food available.

the plant needs a grow nutrient. The site sponsor intense nutrients seem good but I only started it two days ago.

Just google grow nutrient and pick one then start using it. They’re about £10 per litre and they do about 500 litres.

also, the breeders absolutely bullshit those harvest times. What ever the pack says add a week on, two to be safe. Part of the reason you got those seeds was the quick harvest time I bet and it’s not like they can be held to account over it so they bulshit away

Edited by Whatwentwrong

Just now, Whatwentwrong said:

your plants are not ready, if the pistols are browning now then that is in response to the deficiency and it’s trying to finish as it believes it’s got no more food available.

the plant needs a grow nutrient. The site sponsor intense nutrients seem good but I only started it two days ago.

ohhh craaaap... well thanks for the heads up. That would explain why the other unfed plant that look kind of ok if a bit pale is much whiter.

More like add an extra 3-4 weeks by the looks of it.

Unfortunately those stores don't deliver here but am sure I will get a proper supplier recommendation that can deliver here fast and good in a couple days. I did that Google search for local alternatives but given what has happened to the fed plant am not trusting that so much now.

Edited by golden pony

Remo nutrients are decent and they are based in Spain.

dutch passion are in Holland and send all over the eu but you will probably have shops selling both these brands

5 minutes ago, Whatwentwrong said:

Remo nutrients are decent and they are based in Spain.

dutch passion are in Holland and send all over the eu but you will probably have shops selling both these brands

Thanks. I did see dutch passion at work when I was in the EU some time ago and that worked pretty great. Right now am in the far Southern tip of south America so deliveries and anything related to civilization is a bit more complex .

I'll just properly register all info from the get go next time instead of waiting for it to go wrong and go weep in a corner a little bit :P

Edited by golden pony
  • Like 1