Spider mites week 5 flower.. Am I finished??

Cannafella

On 08/07/2021 at 0:53 PM, Cannafella said:

Yeah man I think I'm gonna stick it out til the end and see what comes of it.. Give them a wipe with a damp cloth and give these predators a go! I will definitely be nuking the whole room and tent once it's finished I never want this to happen again!!

I found an infestation of aphids and caterpillars in the buds of one outdoor plant that was about 8 weeks in flower and I took the infested buds off and harvested the rest of the plant and it was fine. I'm sure there were probably some other little pests in there, but nothing noticeable. I'm sure that the Mexicans who used to package their outdoor grown marijuana in bricks wrapped in wax paper that we used to buy back in the 60s didn't worry if their crop had bugs, so I've probably smoked a lot of bugs in my day.

These blocks work well as better to have some prevention rather than wait for them to arrive then try and fix it,,also do regular cleaning out of the grow room using dettol will work well too.

large.60f8ad42d7a97_neemblock.jpglarge_neem.jpg

• Like 2

After a pretty bad mite infestation Ive been thinking trying detol as a preventative and control ie spraying directly on to plants as it contains similar oils as other preventative sprays

Current plants in veg are a bit too small and suspect will just fry them but may do a test on a few branches when they get bigger.

Anyone tried before maybe save me killing a plant?

Edited by highgrower

Sorry lad's.. haven't been online for a while @Firstimegrower_420 @highgrower @Mk3

A lot of people will probably tell me off for this lol

My mate told me about Dr Schimmel.. I sprayed them twice with it 2 days apart. All the buds, stems, leaves and top soil. Stripped off almost all of the fan leaves and hoovered all the webs and eggs I could find.

Haven't seen a mite or web since then.

I know you shouldn't really spray them with anything in flower, but I'm willing to take the risk. Apparently this stuff is safe to use up until harvest.

Once all this is down and dried, I'm gonna nuke the room with a smoke bomb and get rid of all my bungees, ratchet hangers and replace the carbon filters.

I will upload some pics later or tomorrow.

• Like 3

They're looking grand. Ive had a nosey at that stuff and it seems ok but im not an experienced grower to know if its going to have any impact. Let me know how things go on the harvest and smoke.  I tend to use SB and those wee beasties from.dragonfli

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cannafella said:

Sorry lad's.. haven't been online for a while @Firstimegrower_420 @highgrower @Mk3

A lot of people will probably tell me off for this lol

My mate told me about Dr Schimmel.. I sprayed them twice with it 2 days apart. All the buds, stems, leaves and top soil. Stripped off almost all of the fan leaves and hoovered all the webs and eggs I could find.

Haven't seen a mite or web since then.

I know you shouldn't really spray them with anything in flower, but I'm willing to take the risk. Apparently this stuff is safe to use up until harvest.

Once all this is down and dried, I'm gonna nuke the room with a smoke bomb and get rid of all my bungees, ratchet hangers and replace the carbon filters.

I will upload some pics later or tomorrow.

Thanks for coming back to update, I was very tempted to do the same but was strongly advised against it.. I've used it in veg and I know its great but I got quite a stong smell that doesn't seem very tasty.. Although mites, poo and webbing aren't very tasty either I suppose! Currently spending 30 minutes per day hoovering and its heart breaking haha! Chopping them a week earlier than planned too.

Would you mind popping back in once you've dried and sampled, I am 100% sure I'll be fighting the same fight again soon so curious to know how much of an effect it has on the final taste

Cheers

• Like 1

There's another product called Plant Vitality that says you can use it up to 6 hours before you harvest. Im not sure what you would harvest after spraying insecticide 6 hours prior but I ain't smoking it...

E2A: Or eat I guess...

Edited by EarLobe

Guest Donnyronny
2 hours ago, EarLobe said:

There's another product called Plant Vitality that says you can use it up to 6 hours before you harvest. Im not sure what you would harvest after spraying insecticide 6 hours prior but I ain't smoking it...

E2A: Or eat I guess...

That stuff was banned a while ago

don’t tell me it’s back? 

it used to be in a little silver metal bottle and from memory contained the same stuff that used to be in rose clear before they even stopped using it. 

it worked but Christ they were stupid, I remember the marketing about it being safe to smoke buds sprayed the same day etc.  Nutters…

23 minutes ago, Donnyronny said:

That stuff was banned a while ago

don’t tell me it’s back? 

They get renamed/repackaged every few years to beat the bans.  

Killermite comes in loads of different guises these days, different dilution rates to avoid the expensive hazadous/toxic labels etc.