Spider mites week 5 flower.. Am I finished??

Cannafella

Hello people :bong:

Just had a look in the tent, and found spider mites on my girls!!

I am in week 5 flower at the moment.. is there anything I can do to save them at this point??

Yeah, depends how far along the infestation is, if you got webs then get the hoover in there and hoover off all the webs and as many of the wee beasties as ya can. 

Wiping down the foliage with a neem based solution will help too. 

Best thing at this stage is a mix of different predators though. You can order online with next day delivery and they will get to work straight away. 

I'd personally avoid any sort of chemical intervention at this stage myself :yinyang:

• Like 7

Ok mate thanks, any predators you would recommend for mites? @Dodgee

I have just hoovered them as best as I can!

Heres a pic of the worst affected bud

large.IMG_20210708_114228.jpg

Edited by Cannafella

Ouch that looks pretty bad. 

Google "dragonfli" mate

You want a mix of Phytoseiulus persimilis

&

Amblyseius californicus

You want the curative package not the preventative one :yep:

Good luck :lucky:

• Like 7

Thanks for your advice man @Dodgee

Ive just ordered some of them hopefully they do the trick!

Would you recommend doing the wipe down with something neem based as well or just the predators ?

I’ll be honest, if that was my plant I would scrap the whole grow, clean everything with light bleach and start again.

Sorry for your loss. 

If you get used to the early signs and what to look for, you can get in with some early treatment before it gets out of hand.

Always worth checking for mites / thrips when in veg so you can come down hard if you find anything before they get a chance to take hold, and as always said - prevention is better than cure. :yep:

• Like 8

Personally probably not but that's alot to do with me being a bone idle bastard. lol

You can just wipe the leaves down with a damp cloth (your just trying to remove as many mites/eggs as poss at end of day). 

The predators will hopefully keep the numbers down enough for you to limp to the finish line.  

I'm not an expert with the predators (I've used them successfully before but the infestation wasn't as bad as yours looks). 

I'd get to harvest and once your crop is down and dry would hit the tent and room with a couple of smoke bombs. It's the nuclear option but really does the job ime. 

• Like 2

How did the web get so established @Cannafella?  Did it appear very quickly or had you not checked in on them for some time?  I haven't had mites, just wondering how it got as advanced. 

• Like 1

Yeah man I think I'm gonna stick it out til the end and see what comes of it.. Give them a wipe with a damp cloth and give these predators a go! I will definitely be nuking the whole room and tent once it's finished I never want this to happen again!! @Dodgee

To be honest @BudJ I'm in there everyday and haven't even notice under the HPS glow! I only realised today when I used a white CFL light to check them out

The signs were there looking back at some photos from last week, but I've never had them before so I didn't know what the symptoms are..

You can see the yellow spots on the leaves in these photos from last week but just no webs

large.IMG_20210630_083908.jpglarge.IMG_20210630_083847.jpg

• Like 4

It doesn't take long for mites to establish themselves, though it looks like you've got some tough mofo's in there, I only got as far as the leaves being affected before I managed to get some Phytoline through the post (2000 in bottle for established infestations).

The predators don't last long infact only as long as the mites are around, mine was gone in 48 hours.

I was told that mites can react to the use of predators by playing dead.

I managed to get to the end of my grow but I think you might have to trim the worst webbed buds and take the heaviest mined leaves (you should see the mites and their poo on the underside of the leaves)

large.20191028_083417.jpglarge.20191027_222327-556x498.jpglarge.20191031_175537-996x747.jpg

large.20191031_204606-747x996.jpg

Don't do this or scatter loose bits as it goes everywhere, in your buds etc.

large.20191031_204617-996x747.jpg

• Like 2

@Cannafella if you just leave the bottle(s)/vial(s) on their side secured with some twist tie in the plants canopy on the main stem they'll find their way. 

• Like 1

FYI 

Predators need about 60-70% humidity to breed and establish themselves so maybe a little tub (with a hole in so they can get out) with a wet cloth/paper towel in to house the predators would be good.

:yinyang:

• Like 6

Im in the exact same position as you, I had a heavy infestation last time round and despite cleaning every inch of the room with 2 rounds of bleach and alcohol they've still come back to haunt me! Webbing on buds and 5 weeks in.. I poured 4000 predators over 8 plants and it didn't touch them, I'm now just defoliating the worst affected leaves and hoovering every day until harvest.. 

• Like 1

@Mk3 I have a tent in my buddies house.  I spray 2 or 3 times with harkas, last spray being 10 days into flower.  He missed the last two sprays.  My tent stayed completely bug free.  He was fighting a serious infestation for the last three weeks.

S'all about prevention if you have form for bugs in the groom.