Trim Bags

Bushmat

Evening All,

What's peoples verdicts on trim bags? 

I personally don't know anyone who has used one. 

I recently viewed one in my local shop and couldn't understand why they are so expensive. 

I can't understand how some company's are changing astronomical prices for a bag with a bit of mesh fitted into the base?The material inside looked like the inside of a sports bag? 

• Like 4

Watched videos on people using these bags to squeeze every last drop out of a grow. Considered it but like you say the expense of the bags / relatively small amount reclaimed not to mention time / effort couldn't see how it was worth it. Only ever used trim to create cannabutter, minimal effort required but still time consuming / messy. Last however many grows either thrown it away / given it away, many people who consider it perfectly smokable if trim purely sugar leaves / bud not fully ripe lower down the plant. 

Amazing how much more selective you become after growing more product than you actually need. Suspect this is largely because cropping takes that much longer once I'm done more concerned with dispelling the odour / cleaning up quickly as possible than preserving trim. Like many things aimed at weed growers (especially new growers), overpriced; how long practically to recoup money spent on trim bags with recovered kief. Too long :rolleyes:

• Like 3

@Poisonata I hear what your saying but your missing the point.

They are for trimming buds not recovering trim.

What price do you put on being able to trim 50 zips of weed in an hour?

Chuck a couple oz in. Give it a shake and boom. Done. Trimmed like cali weed.

This is why they are so dear and appear overpriced. Which they are for what they are but they save a man with a n awful lot of weed an awful lot of time and expense

I personally wouldn't use one but if I had a commercial grow I'd for sure be using one.

The fact the trim is saved in a neat bag all tidy like is a bonus 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 11

@blackpoolbouncer Thx. Incorrectly assumed referring to graded kief recovery bags using trim. Like you say ideal for commercial quantities, can't see me ever utilising such an item.

• Like 1

£300 though, for a pop up laundry basket with some netting inside.

And because trimmings a bitch but weed sells for so much you would pay it if you had that much weed to do. 

• Like 2

Try some hardware netting or mesh, metal or plastic. Roll it up and zip tie it, or incorporate it into a bag somehow. Then as you roll the tube, or shake the bag, it will have the same effect. Remember that the plant material has to be quite dry for it to work well. That is what you don't see in the videos. And the smell is gonna be crazy lol that will save you about $280

• Like 1

Guest Default Attribute

Isnt this the total opposite of what you should be doing when trimming? No wonder commercial bud has hardly any trichomes if they are trimming it like this

I can see the appeal for large commercial operations, but the price is still absurd. 

Can't help but imagine any bud dry enough to be processed with delicate calyxes and foxtail structures would get absolutely brutalised before being 'trimmed' to a satisfactory level, but I guess most people using these bags are dealing with PGR rocks anyway. Or at least want the bud to have that appearance for the street. 

I handle my buds like an injured baby bird. After going to so much trouble getting the grow right, I want my bracts unbruised and trichs intact. 

• Like 18

Those trimming machines look the worse though. 

three settings shit, shitter and fucked. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Whatwentwrong said:

Those trimming machines look the worse though. 

three settings shit, shitter and fucked. 

im presuming youve never used one.

if you had , you would know that they work fine, but like most stuff, if its not used properly, it will fuck stuff up. 

same with bowl trimmers, they work great too, IF USED PROPERLY, and save loads of time. 

Not as good as hand trimmed, i will agree,  but the difference is not as  much as you might think.

And yeah, 300 sheets for a glorified sportsbag, no thanks

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 7

On 03/07/2021 at 8:12 AM, blackpoolbouncer said:

I personally wouldn't use one but if I had a commercial grow I'd for sure be using one.

It looks like it would work quite well to shake all the mites and dead leaves offlol   

Just now, VRG said:

It looks like it would work quite well to shake all the mites and dead leaves offlol   

Whatever works for you bud

• Like 2

Just now, badbillybob said:

im presuming youve never used one.

if you had , you would know that they work fine, but like most stuff, if its not used properly, it will fuck stuff up. 

same with bowl trimmers, they work great too, IF USED PROPERLY, and save loads of time. 

Not as good as hand trimmed, i will agree,  but the difference is not as  much as you might think.

And yeah, 300 sheets for a glorified sportsbag, no thanks

No of course not, I’ve only seen the videos. Hell, if I was happy with that kinda noise in my flat I’d get a dry trim shaker.

the first and second settings didn’t seem to trim the leaves down well enough and because you put the weed in wet it left most the leaf still in the bud. The final setting removed enough leaf but trimmed bits off the bud too.