Bloom boosters

blueovalbug

So. Just about to hit week 4 of flower I use the canna range including medium 18 litre fabric pots I usually use bloombastic as not only does it smell great I think it works quite well whats everyone else using thanks

11 minutes ago, blueovalbug said:

So you guys are say don't be using any boosters then?? 

Yup I say don't use any boosters, they are just a waste of money and not needed.

atb

greenie

• Like 4

I used to work with a lad that only used the basic feeds he told me if I was using booster I was doing something wrong I just assumed everyone used them... 

• Like 1

Everything you need is in the basic nutrients. Only booster I use is root enhancer amino acids/fulvic, which are expensive but worth it after seeing explosive root growth. :yep: 

• Like 2

I used to use loads of nutes too..  I’m down to just a+b grow/bloom. With a wee bit mycorrhizal on pot ups and since then had not 1 issue with good results.. 

tried a bit pk 13 last run to see but not really notice any big difference…. Environment and root temps with good veg seem to be working for me..cheers g 

• Like 2

Thanks for all your replys guys think il just stick as I am then have a good day.. 

• Like 1

Boosters are good if you you have everything else dialed in

Think of athletes and lucosade sport

the stuff in the bottle replenishes used goodness and is a benefit to them. 

But fat frank sat watching football with a bag of chips and a lucosazde sport isn't getting anything from it but the need to pee 

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Intense Nutrients Matt said:

Boosters are good if you you have everything else dialed in

Think of athletes and lucosade sport

the stuff in the bottle replenishes used goodness and is a benefit to them. 

But fat frank sat watching football with a bag of chips and a lucosazde sport isn't getting anything from it but the need to pee 

:rofl:  Nice Analogy :rofl:

• Like 2

Boosters seem to get bad press round here, but I would say take all advice you get online with a pinch of salt, and find out for yourself.

When I started growing I dumped all Boosters in, but changed strain and method of grow every grow, so i had no idea if they were working. Then i went to just A,B, root stim, and PK over time.

But now I run one strain that I know well so decided to go overkill with boosters like back in the day for a few grows to see how it goes:

House and Garden Bud XL 

Canna Boost 

PK

Plus silica, Root stim, and Cannazhyme. OVERKILL :) 

One week left of flower and at this stage there is a noticeable addition of frost, and the plant smells more evil than ever. But time will tell on yield and taste and how it burns etc.

If you are happy to run the same strain over and over from clone, don't be disheartened by boosters, try it for yourself.

Otherwise its all just hearsay  

• Like 1

I am a first-time grower.

Thought I'd keep it simple with BioBizz GROW & BLOOM

Now worried as heard Autos can be easily overfed - I've been taking it quite easy .

Plants' currently just getting pistils and I'm doing 1ml/L GROW and 0.5ml/L BLOOM.....and NO CLUE if right/wrong :unsure:

Any tips on use of the BLOOM (GROW seems to be 1ml/L throughout, sans seedling & flushing stages) really appreciated :)

41 minutes ago, MJMan said:

I am a first-time grower.

Thought I'd keep it simple with BioBizz GROW & BLOOM

Now worried as heard Autos can be easily overfed - I've been taking it quite easy .

Plants' currently just getting pistils and I'm doing 1ml/L GROW and 0.5ml/L BLOOM.....and NO CLUE if right/wrong :unsure:

Any tips on use of the BLOOM (GROW seems to be 1ml/L throughout, sans seedling & flushing stages) really appreciated :)

We are at the same stage mate, few pistils on autos. First grow too. And with biobizz. My understanding is that you should wait till later before you add the bloom nutrients, wait until it's well under flower.

Also I tried 1ml/L grow nutes and my girls showed signs of nitrogen abundance. Dark green colour. It's way too strong for autos imo. I've cut back to 1/8th ml/L. You really don't need any nutes.

But if I recall correctly you are growing outdoors, where as I am using the tent. Maybe your nutrients get diluted with a tonne of rain water.

Peace

• Like 2