Soil mites?

QuessadillaTom

18 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Just out of interest, what soil brand was it?

I’ll have to let you know for sure tomorrow, but i’m pretty sure its this stuff:

large.CAD8C43C-3F02-4DCE-8E21-76D4FB2CC0BE.png

• Like 1

I highly doubt that those aphids would've been in the compost when it left the factory, it's either been poorly stored (outside), or they've come in from outside. 

• Like 2

Just now, Saddam said:

I highly doubt that those aphids would've been in the compost when it left the factory, it's either been poorly stored (outside), or they've come in from outside. 

Yeah that's been my understanding!

The two only places i could have got it from store it outside like you say so ended up not going with it. I ended up going with Clover on this run, seems to trick all the boxes of improvements i wanted over the others i've tried so far, Just gotta wait to see how flowering goes in it.

• Like 2

Diatomaceous Earth will kill all mites and aphids.

Soil mites are not harmful to plant but not really what a compost grower wants in the house. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, QuessadillaTom said:

the soil in the pots is a mix of compost from my garden

Imo this is where they have come from, maybe even from the worm casts. Invariably if you are bringing compost/soil/plants in from outside there will be some sort of pests tagging along. From the pictures and the video you posted they don’t look or move like the soil mites I have observed so I would also say they are root aphids. 

:yinyang:

• Like 3