Proposed set up questions

Rustybiff

Okay guys so I went ahead and bought my 60x60x160 tent. I have another issue now. My carbon filter is a Red Scorpion and they specifically say not to blow through it. I’m sure I’m not the first person to underestimate the size of a carbon filter, and now have a 6 inch one the size of a 12l pot in the bottom of the tent. Anyone got experience altering tents? Could I sacrifice the drip tray and sew a cube for the filter to live in at the bottom? Or perhaps I can just stretch the canopy above the filter? Needs to suck the air down to keep heat up in the winter. If anyone has any solutions that would be grand

large.085D773F-E8A0-41B4-87F5-D5806D46F997.jpeg

If anyone’s interested, I used the drip mat material to alter the tent. Seems much better, nearly have all of the floor space now!large.2D70EC8D-4344-47EF-8336-1167D49C9FE4.jpeglarge.9ECAB377-8EE3-4272-8E0E-3FA55AD7675E.jpeg

• Like 2

@Rustybiff

Are you using the passive vents for intake? If so your extraction would be pulling the fresh air straight out of the tent.

Is there any passive vents at the top of the tent so that the fresh air/heat can circulate from top to botom?

:yinyang:

• Like 2

@anarchycamp haven’t got a fan yet, that’s next months investment.. just building it up slowly while the outdoor plants are growing

@painfreeliving I wont be blowing through it, you have to suck the air through these ones. 

@lildaveham hey man, I wont be using the passive intakes. There’s one at the very top which I’ll put some ducting on to take the air past the light to use the heat. The plan is to leave enough ducting to do a switch up for the hotter months if I need to. Absolutely love your diary by the way, very inspirational and something I’d love to try with a 40L pot some time!

• Like 1

Guest anarchycamp

@RustybiffJust go passive from the top with a 5" dialed down somehow(plenty of cheap ways with 4/5" fans *due to wattage?) It would suit your ducting needs easily.

Never needed more than a 4" in a 60x60 personally but that's full whack.

Good luck dude, always good to see a bit of MacGyvering:cowboy:

Edited by anarchycamp
Just seen youre using extended ducting

Hahah @anarchycamp a project wouldn’t be complete without a few curveballs along the way, secretly enjoy spending 3hrs sewing it up so I can avoid real life duties lol

I hope the extendable ducting is okay. I oversized because there will be a lot of bends which is a slight worry. It has to go around to the other side of my room and then out of a hole in the floor under the bed. Was thinking of dialing down a section of the same ducting for the passive and just have it hanging around the top. Will be buying the Cloudline s6 this month and a controller the next. Slow and steady, bloody money soon adds up!