About Prizes and Brexit

Sweet Seeds Apolo

I have decided that Sweet Seeds can send my €75 prize to UK420,

there you go @Joolz :yep:

I'll send the sweet seeds team a message to confirm this :) 

Thanks very much to sweet seeds for the way they have tried to resolve this mess.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 21

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I buy stuff from China.

I am supposed to pay duty on all shipments, but lots of suppliers write 0 value and gift on the customs declaration.

When ever I post anything to Europe I always write trade samples on the packet and 0 for value. There are usually no problems on the other end.

I think part of the problem may be the type of product. Plant materials and living things, I could be wrong but I think there's some label classification registration thing? I heard, (here?) that there was something like that, rather than it being a documentation thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shumroom said:

I have decided that Sweet Seeds can send my €75 prize to UK420,

there you go @Joolz :yep:

I'll send the sweet seeds team a message to confirm this :) 

Thanks very much to sweet seeds for the way they have tried to resolve this mess.

Atb

:yinyang:

Nice!

All hail UK420.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keye said:

I think part of the problem may be the type of product. Plant materials and living things, I could be wrong but I think there's some label classification registration thing? I heard, (here?) that there was something like that, rather than it being a documentation thing.

Yeah there is, all seeds for sowing require a phytosanitary certificate (unsure how much these cost as it varies from country to country but having a third party inspector check your product and produce a certificate ain't going to be cheap), an incoming document check £5.25 and a physical check £6.66 on 5% of incoming packages.

Weed seeds are souvenirs though so they should avoid all of these checks and charges as we don't plant them do we. We all just like to keep lots of them in our fridge and look at them occasionally. Play top trumps with our mates with the packs when we're stoned (weed top trumps would work, flowering time, THC percentage, out door harvest month. There's loads of variables to trump each other with. Sweet seeds top trump cards, you can have that idea for free lads).

This incredible BREXIT deal really is incredible.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I buy stuff from China.

I am supposed to pay duty on all shipments, but lots of suppliers write 0 value and gift on the customs declaration.

When ever I post anything to Europe I always write trade samples on the packet and 0 for value. There are usually no problems on the other end.

Not the case. I'm not sure of the limit, perhaps it's £30 including postage costs. Below that any no extra costs applied. Above and costs applied..... 

• Like 1

does anyone know if i need a special code for money transfer from uk to europe? i had to phone the bank last time to get some code but i have changed banks so don't have that any more.

i want to find out before i fill out the google form for the prize

e2a, it's an iban code and it's sorted now.

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 2

On 23/06/2021 at 11:12 AM, ratdog said:

does anyone know if i need a special code for money transfer from uk to europe? i had to phone the bank last time to get some code but i have changed banks so don't have that any more.

i want to find out before i fill out the google form for the prize

e2a, it's an iban code and it's sorted now.

Yes mate, your iban or swift code.

• Like 1

Cheers everyone,

Yesterday we asked our accountings department about the transfers and they said that they were included in this week's transfers, adding that they were going to be made today or tomorrow.

I assume that, if they do it in this time frame, most of you might get the money into your account Friday, Monday or Tuesday. But I just can't guarantee, so please let us know in this thread once you have it.

Thanks and kind regards,

tommy

• Like 7

OH YEAH! 

Although we have not been able to send prizes this year due to the situation, I hope everyone enjoys at least the cash! :oldtoker:

Sweet smokes!
Apolo

• Like 9