About Prizes and Brexit

Sweet Seeds Apolo

Hi guys,

We want to inform you that we have been trying to send the prizes to the UK until the last moment, but due to the current situation with the customs, it is impossible for us to send the prizes to the UK.

Even so, we give you the possibility to send them to a relative or friend you have in one of these countries: Spain, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Finland, France, Greece, Holland, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Sweden. Also if you are visiting Spain this summer, you can pick up your prizes in our store or we will send them to your hotel.

If you don't have the possibility to have a relative or acquaintance in one of these countries, don't worry, we will not leave you without your prizes. We have decided to credit you the value of the prizes in such a way:

1 point = 1€.

Kit "Super Sweet" (11th to 15th) = 100€.

Kit "Sweet" (16th to 25th) = 75€.

We have also decided to raise the prizes for the 9th and 10th places so that they are more in line with their position in the ranking:

9th -->140€.
10th --> 130€.

We have been working hard until the end to make the shipments, but in the end it was not possible. We even have the trophies made, so if it is not possible to send them, we will keep them for you.

Remember to send the message to Apolo to request your prizes. He will tell you the steps to follow.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but I hope you understand that we have tried to do our best.

Sweet smokes,
Apolo

• Like 20

Just now, Shumroom said:

Thanks very much for clearing this up @Sweet Seeds Apolo

:cheers:

:yep:

I think I am more upset about the situation than anyone else. 

I liked every year to see you guys with your awards, always sharing photos of them. I know that receiving the awards at home made you all feel as excited as a child's birthday.

Luckily, all of you are also part of the Sweet Seeds family, and my bosses are so good that they didn't want to leave anyone without their prize. :)

Sweet smokes!
Apolo

• Like 14

Thank you for posting this @Sweet Seeds Apolo - it is sad to hear it but there is nothing else you can do. The offer to convert the points to money is very generous, thank you. 

I have never been to Valencia but it was always high up the list of places I would like to visit, now it must surely be at the top!

• Like 5

Sweet Seeds have always been honourable in my experience folks and never let me down when I won prizes from compos.  They'll sort it, don't worry ;)  

• Like 5

@Sweet Seeds Apolo it would just be the seeds causing issues coming into the UK so trophies and merch will be fine. Either way nice off you to sort the members out with alternatives. Hope your all keeping safe and well.

Toke...

• Like 5

Cheers everyone! :yep:

I'm leaving my reply here, although I have also read the recent posts on the other thread about this subject.

First of all I'd like to clarify that me, Jaypp and Apolo, the department responsible for the forums, made all the pressure possible to sort this out in the best way to everyone. Which, of course, would be the shipping of prizes as always happened in the other editions and also in other initiatives that we have been running in this forum for the last decade and more.

Unfortunately, and we are really very sad about it, it was not possible this time. We had no idea that it would come to this point when we started the competition in last October. Next time we will know about it and we'll have it all clear for the participants since the first day, while adapting the mechanisms.

But, as we made all the pressure possible to make sure that everyone gets a fair compensation, any points that usually could only be changed for cash with a conversion rate of 0,25€ per point (as stated in the competition rules), are now convertible at the rate of 1 euro per point. This is (in my opinion) as fair as possible because it gives everyone the opportunity to use the money in other shops that sell the same products or similar products, and so get basically the same prize or similar. And, of course, anyone who prefers to use the money for other things, you're free to do it.

If with 100 points you could get 3 or 4 packets of seeds from our shop, you can get the same 3 or 4 packets from any other shop from the UK that stocks and sells seeds.

The real pity is about our merchandising. And on that we are even more sad than you, because it's our brand and instead of giving X euros in cash, we would give the same value in merchandising that not only promotes our brand but the production cost is lower than the selling price. So, we loose in both fields, making it very negative to our side.

We are also giving cash for the kits, for the approximate value of each kit, so that with that cash you can get similar products, or whatever products you prefer.

The trophies are also going to be with us just until the moment when we can make them get to you. For now, we can already ship any trophy for winners that are residents of other European countries or have friends or family that can receive the trophies for them. For all the winners of trophies that don't have this option, we will store them with love and care and once there is any chance that we can make them get to you, we will.

Maybe something changes and we can already ship them to you in the near future; maybe we go again to a cannabic expo in the UK and we can take them with us and the get them to you whether you attend the expo or not; or even in any other expo in other country where you can possibly go or a friend of you goes and can get the trophy for you. We will always pay attention to any opportunity to get this situation solved in your favour. Also, if you or any friend is going to visit Valencia in the next months, we can organized a personal deliver in our shops.

We're really sorry about all this and we totally understand your worries and sadness, as are also very sad about it.

Thanks and sweet smokes :oldtoker:

tommy

• Like 16

Yeah, I understand BREXIT isn't your fault. This contest was started prior to BREXIT happening so what can you do.

Thanks for the money. I'll buy sweet seeds from attitude, was looking forward to cherry pie.(being insanely cheeky, any chance you can get us a discount in a UK seed bank on sweet seeds as the euros don't convert into pounds so nicely)

My real worry is that this may be the last competition people in the UK can take part in. First and last :crybaby:

As toke says though, Id have happily had the kit without the seeds. Maybe stick an ashtray in or a t-shirt (they look sweet) instead, or is it really that you ran out of grinders.

How will I compete in the merchandise photo comp next year without some merch :crybaby:

Sorry, I've only got cry faces for this one. Let's hope they can fix the BREXIT bollocks by october.

If you lot do do a UK expo make sure you let us know. Defo Bob along

Edited by Whatwentwrong
  • Like 7

You're making a massively generous gesture as compensation. The idea that you'll convert it to cash, at any ratio let alone 1:1, is almost unheard of in any sector so you should all be proud that you've gone above and beyond for your customers and your business, good show. 

• Like 10

As said above @Sweet Seeds-tommy, you have treated this forum very well and are clearly happy to bend over backwards to please people.

What an advert for Sweet Seeds and your customer service

• Like 6

I buy stuff from China.

I am supposed to pay duty on all shipments, but lots of suppliers write 0 value and gift on the customs declaration.

When ever I post anything to Europe I always write trade samples on the packet and 0 for value. There are usually no problems on the other end.

• Like 5

Wow wow sweet seeds going above and beyond. Again. Again.. thanks you @Sweet Seeds Apolo  and @Sweet Seeds-tommy and @Sweet Seeds -Jaypp and team. It's really appreciated. 

I am madly contacting all my European fiends to see if I can get an address for you to make life a little easier. I fear this may take some time.  My mate from Argentina who works in Madrid is deciding on Wednesday if he will move back to Madrid (cause covid he went back home to Argy land) he works for uni. I really did have my heart set on the grinder, merch and trophy and to win them all was dream come true. You Christmas comparison was extremely true.  I hope there isn't a cut off with prizes.  Anyways I will hopefully know in a weeks time. 

I'd love to visit you in Valencia nether the less I'd love to meet all you beautiful people. Best get working ok the Mrs.

Thanks again. 

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 6

@Hugh Jass  you have to respect sweets seeds they're on the thin end of the law. And they have be completely transparent, so you have to respect their need to be honest about everything. Just look at dinafem. The risk of frauding a custom form isn't worth taking and I respect they're honesty and efforts to make good. If I have to wait 6 months a year for trophy it's not end the world, I'd rather sweet seeds still be doing business in next 10 years. 

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 11