Loft tent

dweeeb

Sorry about that? I tried to quote every one of the replies to reply to but it just went :eek:

Lots to take into account there thanks everyone :v: I’m thinking for heat my best bet is to flip the lights so I’m running them through the night instead of through the day when it’s the warmest. That way I’m only dealing with ambient heat on the hotter days and the 600w isn’t pumping heat out all day but will help when the heat drops through the night. I’m thinking of extracting to the chimney but its a shared flue so I’m not 100%. (It runs up through the middle of us and our neighbours) So if I get any noise vibrating the out the chimney It could be a nuisance I don’t think they’d have a go or anything but I don’t want to cause any upset. 

my other idea was to take Air on from our room under the loft To keep it cooler as I can have our windows open to help.

:v: dweeb 

• Like 1

large.60c979a77d5a0_flipflop.pngAs mentioned you will need to insulate The room/ loft I used stuff from local builders store starts with a (W inside of a candle) years go I used bubble insulation silver foil with a gap between the felt and the rafters stapled on and taped the joins up with tape on top of that I bought 100 space blankets in bulk. I then stapled them to the bubble insulation,  you will need to cut squares of carboard to place on top of the space blanket to staple through or the blankets will rip through the staples easy  (does that make sense) I boarded out the loft first.

I then hit an 8 inch hole through the chimney stack and an 8inch ruck fan to use as an extractor i did try a 12 inch with a reducer but you could here it in the street so took it back. I add many of set ups in the loft, it can be a problem in the summer i could run 2X600 HPS with no intake fan  the air would enter through the eves, the gaps run  the full length on both sides of the loft more than enough  passive intake. 

I have run  6x600s in the winter on a Jupiter 2 light mover  that was before helicopters and infared in the 90s , there  are a loads of ways ways of doing it  the best I think was growing in the winter using 2 tents each tent on 12/12 > one light on for 12 hours then when that went off the other light in the other tent came on  AKA flip flopping. this is  how you set it up 2 tents 2 fans, what you are doing is using one tent to warm the other tent up from the light in the other tent I used to run 1000W in a cool tube in tents 2 and a 600w in tent 1. the 1000 watt was used in the night as the heater room when the sun came up in the morning it would switch off and tent with the 600w came on the temperatures day and night were perfect.  in the summer just use the 600w or shut down up to you? loads of ways of doing it iv build room inside the loft everyway you can think of, but this is simple and not to heard to set up.

Edited by 9inchbigbud
  • Like 2

On 15/06/2021 at 8:26 AM, dweeeb said:

Sorry about that? I tried to quote every one of the replies to reply to but it just went :eek:

Lots to take into account there thanks everyone :v: I’m thinking for heat my best bet is to flip the lights so I’m running them through the night instead of through the day when it’s the warmest. That way I’m only dealing with ambient heat on the hotter days and the 600w isn’t pumping heat out all day but will help when the heat drops through the night. I’m thinking of extracting to the chimney but its a shared flue so I’m not 100%. (It runs up through the middle of us and our neighbours) So if I get any noise vibrating the out the chimney It could be a nuisance I don’t think they’d have a go or anything but I don’t want to cause any upset. 

my other idea was to take Air on from our room under the loft To keep it cooler as I can have our windows open to help.

:v: dweeb 

large.60ca5c62501b0_evesvent.jpg   4" eves vent much better option no need to drill hole in the ceiling a few problems I found with hole from the room below  the hole was in a built in cupboard the air being pulled through brought all the dust through and everything got dirty very fast. the Ex girlfriend got home from holidays and heard the air being sucked through the vent and that was the end of that idea.  

• Like 1