Online TV for a luddite....

Captain Bonglington

You need a firestick and dont be fooled and get the cheap one get the 4k one it has better processing power hence the reason i get no buffering.

All the uk tv have apps for it plus disney netflix and amazon prime a pc or tablet is handy to set them all up.

After i answered i fired up the projector and grabbed a couple of pics.

large.20210607_175219.jpglarge.20210607_175300.jpglarge.20210607_175431.jpg

The other HDMI slot on the projector is connected to my pc.

• Like 2

Just now, ratdog said:

agree with that, i only watch a few hours in the evening/night these days

I just want to watch something of interest for an hour or two...I'm going to watch a documentary about the Estonia disaster later I think. :yep:

• Like 2

Just now, Captain Bonglington said:

I just want to watch something of interest for an hour or two

thats why i love youtube these days, so much content and so many subjects, there are channels like the royal institution, the world science festival and many more that have the latest in science or just really enthusiastic people at the top of their field talking about very interesting stuff in much better detail that docs cover (you soon realize how many new docs are becoming more entertainment than informative now) , and that leads on to many other channels that start to get more niche but just as informative and all for free in high quality for the majority!

comedians are starting to post their stand ups for free too

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Captain Bonglington said:

I just want to watch something of interest for an hour or two...I'm going to watch a documentary about the Estonia disaster later I think. :yep:

Oh hang on, no I'm not....Discovery + wants me to pay for it, they can get to fuck. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Captain Bonglington said:

Like I said., slowly...so ether cable from router to ancient sky box and what apps? :unsure:

I understand sfa....:yes:

Plug ether cable into sky box, plug HDMI cable into TV and sky box. 

Switch on sky box, enter menu system, select system info and then update software. 

Restart sky box with new sky Q operating system and download whichever apps you subscribe to, or use free trials.  

• Like 2

i have a cheap firestick it costs £80 year to get it loaded with 3,700 channels, has every sports channel everything sky and bt put out, perfect pic no buffering, i dont use kodi no more.

I just hack others iptv fuck paying for stuff that is "free" lol. I know nothing is free but im afraid most people behind IPTV are just poor fuckers conned out of their redundancy for Example they get sold say 100 credits which equals 100 full year subs. They pay X for this and then resell to facebook/twitter and all the "other" secret lol platforms - I don't have a problem with that - But I do have issue when they take in a few £k and then shut down and rip everyone off and then set up next day with a slightly different server same channels same offers (there is 3 actual major sources of channels that all other providers use)

IPTV is the way to go and a decent vpn will navigate around any ip blocks which can ruin a good days viewing, The trouble with IPTV is people are too greedy and over sell it and overload the server and then inevitably it ends in tears. Better than paying £100+ per month though lol.

• Like 1