Quality wormcasting

LokiVirandell

On 06/06/2021 at 7:40 PM, Wacky Wardrobe said:

Just because you'd rather eat fruit than tree bark (and who wouldn't) it doesn't mean it makes the best castings :-)

Well from only bark you don't have alot of nutrients + there's not alot of different kind of nutrients in this casting that's why fruit/weed casting will defenetly be better than just bark from what they told be they just feeding them with dry chicken kinda food so they can grow large and fast which is more for fishing than good wormcasting for garden

Sorry for my English 

13 hours ago, buddy13 said:

they differ from time to time so hard to say which is best but both are generally pretty good....willys I've had good and not so good, bit dry .

indoororganics are basically a reseller so your going to pay the price plus there share/profit for finding it for you.......

Defenetly they send me a text they feeding them with some chicken food stuff to grow fast and big which mean is more for fishing producing

I decided I will buy small indoor casting and I will makea wormbin planing to feed them some stinging nettles from time to time, kitchen scraps and kelp meal and crab meal aswell in small amounts

• Like 1

I was just pulling your leg really but I wouldn't mind betting that if it grows worms big and fast it's probably not all that bad :-)

Doing your own has to be the answer though really.

It's not that hard to do and saves and recycles so many resources. If you are going to use castings you might just as well produce them yourself.

I did a worm bin for a while here in my little flat. It went well for a good few cycles but things got out of balance and I had a couple of mass exodus events! I put these down to unavoidable high temps at the time. Then I had a mass extinction event!!

I was so cross with myself. I'd been responsible for thousands of little creatures and I fucked up.

I will start again some time now that I have a much better idea of what went wrong. (Not enough tree bark obviously!)   :-)

Edited by Wacky Wardrobe
A quip.

On 06/06/2021 at 7:36 PM, LokiVirandell said:

just abit worried I will have shitty casting

isn't that what casting is, shit-ty? :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wacky Wardrobe said:

I was just pulling your leg really but I wouldn't mind betting that if it grows worms big and fast it's probably not all that bad :-)

Doing your own has to be the answer though really.

It's not that hard to do and saves and recycles so many resources. If you are going to use castings you might just as well produce them yourself.

I did a worm bin for a while here in my little flat. It went well for a good few cycles but things got out of balance and I had a couple of mass exodus events! I put these down to unavoidable high temps at the time. Then I had a mass extinction event!!

I was so cross with myself. I'd been responsible for thousands of little creatures and I fucked up.

I will start again some time now that I have a much better idea of what went wrong. (Not enough tree bark obviously!)   :-)

Haha :D I am planning to do outdoor. It's the same like with steak or chicken you can't just eat one food maybe it will make you big but you will not have other nutrition.

On 6/6/2021 at 2:19 PM, DeltaMelter said:

@LokiVirandell I will second that, had good results in the "regular" garden too with willy's :badass:.

I'll third that.  Had decent results from willy worms over here.

• Like 1

Yorkshire worms are alright. 

the only issue with purchased worm castings is they’re all by products from worm farming for bait etc so the worms are probably not processing material that’s ideal for making top quality castings. 

if you have the space (even a small yard is enough) make your own.

if you’re prepared to put in the time I like to make my own compost then when the composts done I mix it up with a bit of kelp rock dust barley malt oyster shell flower etc then Chuck that in big totes and leave the worms to work it for a couple of years. Obviously it’s a slow process but if you plan ahead you’ll have an endless supply of Uber vermicompost eventually. 

• Like 1