Quality wormcasting

LokiVirandell

My advice would be to make your own, I have tried a few different commercial wormcasts (biobizz and plagron) and was very disappointed with the quality, nothing like the ewc I get from my own worm bin.

I know the common excuse is that people don't have space outside for a worm bin, but I set up, manage and maintain my worm bin entirely indoors it is very easy to do and means that all of my plant trimmings are recycled back into my ewc and I just supplement it with some other fruit, veggies and paper to give the worms a fairly balanced diet and ensure my ewc if fairly balanced as well.

greenie

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, green_machine said:

My advice would be to make your own, I have tried a few different commercial wormcasts (biobizz and plagron) and was very disappointed with the quality, nothing like the ewc I get from my own worm bin.

I know the common excuse is that people don't have space outside for a worm bin, but I set up, manage and maintain my worm bin entirely indoors it is very easy to do and means that all of my plant trimmings are recycled back into my ewc and I just supplement it with some other fruit, veggies and paper to give the worms a fairly balanced diet and ensure my ewc if fairly balanced as well.

greenie

I defenetly have a plan to make my own wormcasting but I need now to build my no till soil container :D

• Like 2

commercial ones aimed at canna customers are shit as are most things aimed at the canna market...

elixir garden supplies or Yorkshire worms both have good stuff...

• Like 5

By the time I found elixir I already had my own worm bin so I haven't tried their EWC's but I have used them for many other things and I have been very impressed with them. If you are looking to set up a no-till bed @LokiVirandell you will be able to find a lot of the things you need from them.

greenie

• Like 2

4 hours ago, buddy13 said:

commercial ones aimed at canna customers are shit as are most things aimed at the canna market...

elixir garden supplies or Yorkshire worms both have good stuff...

Which one would you reccomend more :D ? I wanted order from indoorsorganic but 35£ for 20L it's quite alot

2 hours ago, ratdog said:

willy worm casts are pretty good imo, and only £19 for 20ltrs

@LokiVirandell I will second that, had good results in the "regular" garden too with willy's :badass:.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ratdog said:

willy worm casts are pretty good imo, and only £19 for 20ltrs

I checked it it's have actually very good reviews you know maybe with what they feeding their worms ?

55 minutes ago, LokiVirandell said:

I checked it it's have actually very good reviews you know maybe with what they feeding their worms ?

composted tree bark

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

composted tree bark

Hmm that more expensive one they feeding worms with fruit leftovers from fruit juice shop seems like better idea 

Edited by LokiVirandell

1 minute ago, LokiVirandell said:

Hmm that more expensive one they feeding worms with fruit leftovers from fruit juice shop seems like better idea 

i just go by the reviews ;)

49 minutes ago, ratdog said:

i just go by the reviews ;)

Hmm true buddy :D just abit worried I will have shitty casting I want to make sure will be good quality for my no till bed I been thinking maybe aswell about Yorkshire wormcasting but can't find any reviews

1 hour ago, LokiVirandell said:

feeding worms with fruit

Just because you'd rather eat fruit than tree bark (and who wouldn't) it doesn't mean it makes the best castings :-)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LokiVirandell said:

Which one would you reccomend more :D ? I wanted order from indoorsorganic but 35£ for 20L it's quite alot

they differ from time to time so hard to say which is best but both are generally pretty good....willys I've had good and not so good, bit dry .

indoororganics are basically a reseller so your going to pay the price plus there share/profit for finding it for you.......