Back and need help with cloning please

I think they have rooted, they look like it, the leaf tips are yellowing a bit on some of them and i took off the cling wrap for good as well, until now i have been perforating it a bit every day some more with a toothpick, kinda like how they were doing it with the vent on the humidity dome, well they don't have those here so cling wrap and a toothpick work just as well, just taking care not to impale any poor clones of course!

p.s. I am leaving this text in the default color because someone told me they had trouble reading the dark green, I was not aware it was hard to read, is that the case?

Also, as soon as I get my dumbphone fixed or get a digital camera I will have some pics, sorry about this, if you look back, all my other posts had pics back in the day, simpler times..

On 6/22/2021 at 7:15 PM, Whatwentwrong said:

No man, you'll see white dots to forming at the bottom of the stem. If they look healthy then they're ok.

They look just fine and the lowermost leaves were yellow and dropped off easily today, i think they're ready for the soil, am i right? I think they have roots but that glob of liquid surrounding the bottom of the stem makes it hard to see into it, i'll stick em in the soil anyway and see what happens I think, seems they've had enough of the water cup anyway.

p.s. is this text easier to read for you by any chance, than my usual dark green? or is it the same?

I have cloned many a fushcia and other bedding plants using just plain water and a milk bottle (glass one) sunny window sill and just top up the water.

I have done it with weed many moons ago and it did work all three i tried had roots.

But you are missing out if you don't try @ratdog 's approach the man knows his onions and peppers and anything else that grows. lol

I topped a black dog before going to my GG plot and it was such a lovely top i just had to try and save it.

I used a small pot and a plastic pint glass but the party cup would be better as they are designed to fit perfectly.

Damp compost in the pot few small holes in the bottom of the pint glass and as they didn't quite fit i used masking tape to join together.

After 7 days in the corner of my veg cab i took the pint glass off and i gotta say best clone i have ever done.

couple of pics.

large.20210529_175241.jpg

The pic above was taken the day i took off the pint glass i only took off the tips of 2 leaves and that was so i could get her in the pint glass.

Here she is know with the plant she came from.

large.20210623_165641.jpg

Only just noticed u can still see the bit of leaf i cut off. lol

• Like 1

5 of the 9 clones I started with are doing well so far out in the sunshine for the past 2 days, the rest did not make it, including one of the 2 "clone in a cup of water" experiment, I think i did well for a first try at cloning after years and years of hiatus, now with what I know and what i learned from you guys and from youtube and of course, experience, I am confident i will get a better survival rate the second time around, the mother plant is doing quite well especially after i gave her a bit of chamomile in the water, she seems really green and happy now, with shitloads of new branches for clones. Once again, thank you! It took about 3 weeks for them to root, maybe a warming pad of some kind might help, but alas, they don't have those here.

p.s. Is this text more readable than the dark green text i was using by the way? so far only one person has commented on it, so I'm beginning to think that it's actually OK to use it, remember, silence is consent, especially where the powers that should not be are concerned, that's why what is happening is happening, but that's a whole other topic. Peace

One of the clones by the way, the biggest best looking one, had a long-ass taproot coming out the bottom of the soil and it was starting to actually wind around the bottom of the pot a little! looks like she was ready before the others and had to sit there, poor girl, she's alright now.

• Like 1