Roofless won

Just now, Roofless won said:

large.IMG_20210708_095159.jpg

Oops, I guess the unvented waterbutt idea wasn't such a great idea after all

Oh no!!!!!! :crybaby:

Just now, MJMan said:

Oh no!!!!!! :crybaby:

On the plus side at least I now know what bud rot looks like

Fuck mate, that sucks, we live and learn. 

In response to the semi auto question, its basically a photo strain with some auto genetics, so yes they trigger into flower earlier than regular photos would. They're also called fast versions alot of the time. As for the exact amount of hours, just like with everything else it varies, hence not having much definitive information, if you where going to light dep one, I'd still stick to 12/12 as I imagine it would speed up the process which is the name of the game.

• Like 1

Have you got back up plants? 

:ermm:

Half full and all that

lol

That's a shame.

I've forced plants outdoors in the UK a couple of times by putting them in a light proofed shed for 12 hours every night for 2 months in the middle of summer! It's not much fun to do but it's worked very well for me. I thought ventilation was going to be an issue but I somehow got away with it. The first time I even went to Amsterdam for a long weekend and just left a huge mazar in the shed for three or four days of darkness and it was fine when I returned.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Have you got back up plants? 

Yeah, forcing the photo was just an experiment, the only problem is the back up plants are in the same greenhouse as the one beset with rot......

Humidity is through the roof every night in the greenhouse but what can you do?

I'm hoping it doesn't spread but I will be keeping a close eye on the remaining plants.

The plant with rot was probably only 2 or 3 weeks from finishing. I've chopped it, thrown out the cola with the rot and I've got the rest of it quick drying in an isolation chamber with a dehumidifier.

There's no way I'm gonna vape it but I might try QWET with it so I'll be starting a new thread in the hash and oil section later :)

• Like 1

Glad to hear not all is lost, and as you say you can extract from whats left of the plant. As an outdoor grower its rare to have a whole season without at least a bit of rot somewhere, so best to just plan for it with a few extra plants. 

That is the major downside of a greenhouse tbh, I always try and warn people. Do they need to be in there for security reasons? If not I dare say you might be better keeping them outside when it's not raining. You could look into some sort of environmental control, dehumidifiers, extractors etc like the commercial greenhouses? 

Edited by MindSoup

Just now, MindSoup said:

Glad to hear not all is lost, and as you say you can extract from whats left of the plant. As an outdoor grower its rare to have a whole season without at least a bit of rot somewhere, so best to just plan for it with a few extra plants. 

That is the major downside of a greenhouse tbh, I always try and warn people. Do they need to be in there for security reasons? If not I dare say you might be better keeping them outside when it's not raining. You could look into some sort of environmental control, dehumidifiers, extractors etc like the commercial greenhouses? 

I'm kinda forced into using the greenhouse for security / stealth. I do have a dehumidifier in there which I run every night but I'm still seeing high 80s low 90s most nights - don't you just love an English summer? The waterbutt was obviously a bridge too far

Ah balls, thats a shame, just have to do your best and see how things go, maybe pull a few panes out to aid some air flow. Good luck with it mate..

7 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Fuck mate, that sucks, we live and learn. 

In response to the semi auto question, its basically a photo strain with some auto genetics, so yes they trigger into flower earlier than regular photos would. They're also called fast versions alot of the time. As for the exact amount of hours, just like with everything else it varies, hence not having much definitive information, if you where going to light dep one, I'd still stick to 12/12 as I imagine it would speed up the process which is the name of the game.

I suspect my sour diesel is semi auto. It showed signs of pre flowering but has just stayed in veg for the last month, not been treated any differently from my other plants which are all in various stages of flower.