Exhausting chiller

Dsmile

youve got a number of issues with them, algae forming in the pipes will do untold damage, its either is from light leaks into pipes,or the enzymes imo. whyare you using enzymes out of interest?

feeds are way too high, and id be binning off the enzymes and mammoth p till you pull them round.

personally, i would have binned them and started over, cos nursing sick plants through bloom phase isnt worth it imho, also if your nutrients are sedimenting, its not helping.

it also looks like your leds have been too close.

4 weeks veg should be plenty to fill enough before flip, but id sterilise everything before starting over.

• Like 4

@badbillybobthe agae was on the outside of the pipes, thats how wet and humid the tent got when I was away for 10 days, the insides should be lightproof, im using proper ice line.

Using enzymes instead of h202 as thats what came with the cyco line and I heard microbial additives will improve taste/quality. with the chiller, mammoth P and enzymes I cant see it being a root infection problem. 

Every grow I feel like my lights are too close but theyve been over 24" away and on 80% middle, and 60% sides. 

If im not seeing improvements by Wednesday im going to seriously consider running the 3 seed gelatos and 3 cuttings from the current lot.  shouldn't take long to fill as I'll be using 6 instead of 3.

Are you using h202 every 3 days as an alternative to enzymes ? 

Edited by Dsmile

ive never used h202, up until last year when i  started having root issues, but its pointless anyway imho.

In hydro, it converts to o2 within 24 hours, usually less, thanks to aeration.

i was using endrosan 8, but it was a bit too hot imho. 

ive had nothing but root issues in the past year, even after bleaching, changing out hydroton, net pots, air stones and lines etc, just one issue after another tbh. i havnt done a decent rdwc grow since the sweet seeds competition one last year.

id like to go back to using nothing but base nutes and this is the way im gonna go for my next run. it worked for me for about 10 years with zero problems.

i just need to keep the air temps in check and nail down some changes in my pots, above the water line.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, badbillybob said:

ive never used h202, up until last year when i  started having root issues, but its pointless anyway imho.

In hydro, it converts to o2 within 24 hours, usually less, thanks to aeration.

i was using endrosan 8, but it was a bit too hot imho. 

ive had nothing but root issues in the past year, even after bleaching, changing out hydroton, net pots, air stones and lines etc, just one issue after another tbh. i havnt done a decent rdwc grow since the sweet seeds competition one last year.

id like to go back to using nothing but base nutes and this is the way im gonna go for my next run. it worked for me for about 10 years with zero problems.

i just need to keep the air temps in check and nail down some changes in my pots, above the water line.

Given the narrow water temp you have to work with in rdwc, probably less is more. If his nutes are heavily sedimenting, doesn't that mean the composition may have altered enough to cause deficiencies?

• Like 1

When I started with Dwc, I was under the impression you should definitely use peroxide or enzymes throughout, either sterile tank or not, because of how quickly h202 becomes oxygen and weighing up costs to keep it in the system is why I went with enzymes. 

@catweazle1 that's my thoughts about the sedimentation which is why Im hesitant to change a lot until I swap the nutes, no doubt there's likely various issues here but cant really start fixing them fully until I'm sure its not the nutrients 

• Like 1

That's the sedimentation in my B. 

Think i'll likely start again, i'll run silverbullet or high dose peroxide through the system for a few days before putting new plants in. I'll grab some bottles of Ionic hydro also and see how it goes.

large.6108592dd5ff6_sed2-Copy.png

• Like 1

Losses = cut :( 

hopefully the plants that will go in start to look better also.

Currently cycling h202 through the system to sanitize the area

large.610bcef9ea657_p1-Copy.jpeg

• Like 1

@catweazle1 I always look at it as a learning experience, whilst I still got stuff to keep me going at least lol

Picked up some Ionic hydro to use, gonna keep the EC on the low side also. 

• Like 1