Exhausting chiller

Dsmile

Has anyone come with an efficienct way to get rid of heat produced by chiller? Was thinking of building a box around it with a 4" exhaust fan on constant, but open to ideas. Chillers outside the tent making the room quite warm

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@zen-ken

nah never figured a way to vent it, I just run my AC along side my chiller now and given up fighting temperatures. However just came back from a 10day road trip and my tent way flooded by humidity running down an oxypot I shoved in there, just glad it wasn't any leaks. Anyway, back to the usual shit/sickly looking plants right before flower, the joys

• Like 1

@Dsmile...I may be able to help you if you're having problems.

I may whinge about my RDWC problems, but its only cause I haven't got £2000 to spend on a pre made that won't fit in my space and I'm a perfectionist.

Im not great at DIY since my cancer so I need someone to make it for me.....Just waiting for one of the boys to have some free time.

So I'm having to make do for the moment. 

Im still sat here smoking absolute fire, Instagram looking shit, and the butter I made just knocks you out.

The yield wasn't as great due to the unusual weather.....the next one however.....Whats the problem with yours ?

:hippy:

• Like 1

@zen-ken Thanks a lot, "the next one.." is what keeps me going I think lol, continuously getting issues before flower and its reflecting on the result. I've got 3 plants in there taking up most of my tent, I scrogged before I went away and I think the humidity leak caused some problems. Still using up my expired cyco nutes, so could be a range of things causing the problems. I just need them to start perking up in the next few days really because i'm getting to the bottom of the barrel now and I can't afford street/web prices for the amount I use. 

Just looking forward to starting again with fresher nutes, shogun seems to be the most popular at local stores. In the 6 years i've been growing seems to always be an issue, apart from the ones I put outdoors on an undercliff.

• Like 1

@Dsmile Im very guilty about thinking about the next one when I should be concentrating on my current effort......have you a diary up so I can have a look at the problem ?

I know without some encouragement when I needed it from @badbillybob I would have given up on runs that turned out sweet.

Im fairly sure we discussed that the nutrients could be the problem b4....fuck street weed with its PGR shit, mylar bagged crap....lets get you on the real chronic :headbang:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Dsmile said:

@zen-ken Thanks a lot, "the next one.." is what keeps me going I think lol, continuously getting issues before flower and its reflecting on the result. I've got 3 plants in there taking up most of my tent, I scrogged before I went away and I think the humidity leak caused some problems. Still using up my expired cyco nutes, so could be a range of things causing the problems. I just need them to start perking up in the next few days really because i'm getting to the bottom of the barrel now and I can't afford street/web prices for the amount I use. 

Just looking forward to starting again with fresher nutes, shogun seems to be the most popular at local stores. In the 6 years i've been growing seems to always be an issue, apart from the ones I put outdoors on an undercliff.

get yourself some ionic grow, bloom and growth tech ph down, its all you need, trust me...

• Like 2

@zen-ken

No diary, keep saying to myself I'll do one but always caught up in the moment and never remember. 

Yeah we talked about the nutes, I've been buying cyco for years trying to mirror a pals grow, every time its old stock. Was going to get the Adv. ph perfect stuff next but when I spoke to my local store he said it doesnt sell often because of price and said his most popular are canna and shogun. 

@badbillybobI had a mate that from the states who swore by Ionic in rdwc.  I figured all brands must work pretty well for yield, then additives to improve quality. Since i was already getting over 1g/w I wanted to improve flavour and structure. I'd like to compare them all but its not realistic for me considering the growing cycle time.

Certain the nutes have a lot to do with it and the humidity from the oxypot v6 jammed in the tent, there was algae or something growing ontop of my pipes and the plants were pretty deformed but large and bushy.

• Like 1

This is today, during lights out. fair bit of yellowing and black spots appearing, if more spots appear i'll try using some peroxide instead of the enzymes and mammoth-p, but youd think with the water temps, zyme and mammoth-P it wouldn't be a root issue, though they're not as clean looking as i'd like.

1.3EC

6.2pH (rises daily from 5.6/7)

18-19c water temp (chilled)

lights off temp 21/22c presently.

lights on temp 26-29c (AC set for 27c)          

Using Cyco A+B, B1 Boost, Zyme/ZenZyme, Mammoth-P, DR Repair(when looking a bit sickly)

large.610677f3b4145_2-Copy.pnglarge.610677f2c00ab_1-Copy.png

• Like 2

Bloody hell.....they don't look great bro....I wouldn't even flower them.....you have so many problems going on it may not be worth it.  Might be quicker to start again.

What are they and where did you get them ? if you have no root issues a good cut back and they might be recoverable.

The necrosis is telling me they are very locked out.....how do the roots look ? show me :yep:

How hard is your water? (your feed is high) where is the water level cause the back left looks water logged.

Your environment is spot on brother.....whats the RH like ?

• Like 3

@zen-ken I'm actually guilty of not having a hygrometer, I imagine it's quite dry in there now with the AC and the 6" diffuser. It was incredibly wet when I got back from my trip, forgot to mention the exhaust fan came apart from the ducting so it was also just recycling the humid air lol. 

I raised my EC at the last res change because I thought they were lacking in nitrogen or something else with the yellowing and their size. My tap water is close to 0.1ec, and the base nutes contain cal/mag so another reason I upped it.

Within the last week i've cut A LOT from the under canopy,  they were probably double the size. 

Thought the roots looked worse yesterday, still not good though.  I'd start again but with the combination of running out of supply, as well as nutrients is bringing finances into question.

large.610683ca21dda_r3-Copy.pnglarge.610683c8df4f3_r2-Copy.pnglarge.610683c7a1f34_r1-Copy.png

The roots are pretty big, these are 70L boxes

• Like 2

Im jealous to be honest about your environment.....with the AC as well your probably right that the humidity is in check...... it could be a little low for veg ?.....still, I would love your ranges... I lost my environmental control a bit this summer and paid the price.

Your start water is perfect for rdwc at 0.1....I have to invest in AC but its probably going to be next year now.

The roots are stained but thats not something I haven't seen before....maybe the middle one could do with a very gentle hose down as its a bit brown.....how do they smell? like a cut vegetable or offish ?

I cant see any obvious problems other than there bloody huge....How much gap is there ? should be a good two inch gap from the net pot to the water by now.

Obviously the fan incident has not helped.... @stu914 @badbillybob I reckon it needs a good flush at say 0.6 to sort the lock out and then increase gently when they start to recover they obviously are not feeding atm.

What do you think boys ? 

I let the bling go I think it was and it looked peaky.....I got massive yields.....but yours is not ready for flower imo....too much going wrong....correct it and then flower.

You may have to cut her back even more to get her praying again.

Are they from seed or clones ?  is the DLI around 45 ....if your on 18/6 and the lights are on full chat you may be giving too much light.....they look like some big arsed fixtures you've got there.

A cheap app should be able to give you a rough idea :yep:

ps...I know how it feels when finances and stock levels mean it has to work....electrical costs, equipment.....it gets expensive and stressful.....and I need it for me and my mums cancer.

Lets get the lads opinion as well and see if between us we cant turn this around :yep:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 4

@QQ710 what do think bro ? I see at least three deficiencies and severe necrosis.

Not one leaf praying

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 2

Hey @zen-ken :) 

You have a nice set-up @Dsmile and enviable environment parameters.

BUT those plants do look too rough to go into bloom!!

I think (from my limited experience) that you are spot on with your advice, zen-ken -

I'd drop nutes as ken says, and drop all the additives - feed A&B and cal-mag only (maybe MammothP too). 

The roots look good in photos 1 & 3 but the 2nd photo shows a horrid dark patch - I've had similar and it wasn't rot, just nute stain.

I've been leaving a 4-6" gap under my net pots to the waterline.

Looking at the plant photos again and reading through - I recon RH has been way too high and the plants have had trouble transpiring - but that's just a beginners assumption.

Would be good to turn them around and get them back on track, they're a nice size.

Good luck

:yinyang:

Edited by QQ710
  • Like 2

thanks guys, any attempt at helping is appreciated. Currently changing the res again to 0.6 with just the base and mammoth P, removed as many yellow or spotted leaves as possible without stripping the branch. All smells pretty normal tbh. Doesn't help confidence that my B nutrient is heavily sedimented. if they don't recover ill just swap to something new, theyre all cuts from the same plant but ive got new cuts rooted already and 3 blue gelato plants from seed. Last time i was planning on growing 'The Doctor' for a while and selecting  one of these gelato. 

• Like 2