Ready to flush?

dougens

2 hours ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

Dry trim 

Wet trimming is for commercial growers who dont give two fucks about quality of smoke.

Flushing..why would you ph water?

I read this in on groweedeasy site 

• Continue to manage the pH of your water as normal – PH Up and Down products don’t contain added nutrients. If the pH is too high or too low, it makes certain types of salts and aluminum more available to your plant roots. You don’t want your plant absorbing that stuff up right when you’re trying to flush the buds!”

but Easier not too and I’ll take your advice as always Stu! Thanks 

1 hour ago, Alys said:

@dougens  Last watering late Monday or earlyTuesday and  plain tap water is just fine.  Chop and hang on Thursday as late as possible.

I need to chop on wed as away Thursday afternoon. 

When you say last watering do you mean don’t water at all before chopping? 

I was going to water only tomorrow and Tuesday (feed cycle starts at 1700 each day) and then chop wed night with no watering starting obviously 

sorry if I’m getting confused 

1 hour ago, dougens said:

I need to chop on wed as away Thursday afternoon. 

When you say last watering do you mean don’t water at all before chopping? 

I was going to water only tomorrow and Tuesday (feed cycle starts at 1700 each day) and then chop wed night with no watering starting obviously 

sorry if I’m getting confused 

Done a bit of reading and some folk say not to water 24hrs before chop at all so less moisture in the buds less chance of mould etc....? 

but I couldn’t find any direct info on coco and this could be for soil so unless I hear any different from you guys I’ll chop after two days flush with water and dry then dry trim! 

@dougens I wouldn’t water after tomorrow then, there will be enough in the soil and stems I bet. Humidity is your enemy when first drying so any reduction in water going in is good I believe as this will reduce chances of mould or rot forming. Hence darkness 18 C max and keeping the extraction going along with the passive intake.

I look forward to your results :yep:

• 1 month later...
On 05/05/2021 at 10:29 AM, Alys said:

@dougensI agree with @fatboy77.  

I found the loupe to be poor to work with, so I bought a little set of 3 lenses that clip onto a mobile phone - the Macro lens is the one you need to use. Got mine off flea bay for a fiver. I can really see the trichomes quite clearly with it.

Have look at my diary below (grandma’s grows again) and go to page 6 where you will see 2 photos I managed with it (even with a shaky hand), the first image 24th/25th April is really clear.

Have patience and you’ll get the best smoke! :smokin:

Hey Alys - quick q. The clip on magnifier that you got, does the image show up on your phone?

thanks 

• Like 1

On 23/05/2021 at 6:31 PM, dougens said:

Done a bit of reading and some folk say not to water 24hrs before chop at all so less moisture in the buds less chance of mould etc....? 

but I couldn’t find any direct info on coco and this could be for soil so unless I hear any different from you guys I’ll chop after two days flush with water and dry then dry trim! 

Hey Dougens - im trying that this time around. Last time I didn’t feed for the 2 days in darkness, but I’m going to stop feeding about 2-3 days before dark period as I’m hearing that it helps speed up the drying process in a good way

Apparently watering on the last day can increased dry times to around 2 weeks, going for a 7 day dry with not feeding for a few daya before chopping 

@CookieMonsta I'm not sure it's possible to speed up the drying process in a good way. Slower the better I found works best for me. In fact I try to make sure it's not been long since a watering before I chop them, especially so in the summer months.

7 days to dry is far too fast 

• Like 1

Just now, KC said:

@CookieMonsta I'm not sure it's possible to speed up the drying process in a good way. Slower the better I found works best for me. In fact I try to make sure it's not been long since a watering before I chop them, especially so in the summer months.

7 days to dry is far too fast 

Yes I 100% agree it’s all about slow drying 

think that was the point I was trying to make that it’s a good speed up and not a speed up to speed up if that makes sense!

but yes I chop full plant down and leave all big leaves on to slow drying down but I’m definitely interested in trying the stop feed a few days earlier method

• Like 1

On 05/05/2021 at 10:29 AM, Alys said:

@dougensI agree with @fatboy77.  

I found the loupe to be poor to work with, so I bought a little set of 3 lenses that clip onto a mobile phone - the Macro lens is the one you need to use. Got mine off flea bay for a fiver. I can really see the trichomes quite clearly with it.

Have look at my diary below (grandma’s grows again) and go to page 6 where you will see 2 photos I managed with it (even with a shaky hand), the first image 24th/25th April is really clear.

Have patience and you’ll get the best smoke! :smokin:

Hi @Alys - Saw your pics in your Diary - great stuff.

Do you have a link to the eBay one you bought?

Or alternatively something to search on in there to get your exact model?

MTIA :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CookieMonsta said:

Hey Alys - quick q. The clip on magnifier that you got, does the image show up on your phone?

thanks 

Yes it does!