Ready to flush?

dougens

Hi 

My plants are now at 12 weeks, flower week 6.  Light Solar 315 CMH.  First coco grow.

large.IMG_5381.jpg

Main plant in the full coco wilma dripper on 5 x 15min at 7ml per L of ionic bloom. 

Other plant is in a small pot mix of soil and coco, hand watering.  I think I over did it, as the leaves yellowed and a few fell off.  So letting dry out and feeding less, 1 feed bloom nutes, 1 feed ph'd water on and off.

I think the main plant is getting close and thinking about flushing for 5-7 days and then chopping. 

I bought a loupe and that helps, images not the best though.  I think the trichomes look milky and the pistils ate turning inwards with good orangey colour developing.

Any advice on whether she looks ready and when to start flushing?

large.IMG_5371.jpglarge.IMG_5373.jpglarge.IMG_5377.jpglarge.IMG_5375.jpglarge.IMG_5374.jpg

Other plant is growing small buds on the top of the plant I think as it's too hot (it is higher than the other plant) so moved as low as I can.  This plant is behind the other but seems to be stalling.  I'm unsure how to feed this one as the mix of soil and coco is putting me off.

Any thoughts on the below?  

large.IMG_5370.jpglarge.IMG_5369.jpg

Thanks for any help / advice!  Hopefully getting close now!

• Like 1

still look like the 3rd & 4th photo have a lot of white pistols - id want to leave it a while longer.

And my own 1st crop is in late flower. I still have white pistols like yours. mine is in its 10th wk/flower the blurb says 8-9 wks. 

Maybe leave it another week but keep your eye on the pistols - I would go for the majority of them being brown as the point that I want my weed to be, as I prefer more couch-lock effect. 

your own preference for weed high may differ.

mysticriver 

• Like 1

@dougensI agree with @fatboy77.  

I found the loupe to be poor to work with, so I bought a little set of 3 lenses that clip onto a mobile phone - the Macro lens is the one you need to use. Got mine off flea bay for a fiver. I can really see the trichomes quite clearly with it.

Have look at my diary below (grandma’s grows again) and go to page 6 where you will see 2 photos I managed with it (even with a shaky hand), the first image 24th/25th April is really clear.

Have patience and you’ll get the best smoke! :smokin:

Edited by Alys
  • Like 4

Just now, Alys said:

3 lenses that clip onto a mobile phone

do you have a link?

mysticriver 

• Like 1

Just now, Alys said:

@dougensI agree with @fatboy77.  

I found the loupe to be poor to work with, so I bought a little set of 3 lenses that clip onto a mobile phone - the Macro lens is the one you need to use. Got mine off flea bay for a fiver. I can really see the trichomes quite clearly with it.

Have look at my diary below (grandma’s grows again) and go to page 6 where you will see 2 photos I managed with it (even with a shaky hand), the first image 24th/25th April is really clear.

Have patience and you’ll get the best smoke! :smokin:

Thanks Alys. I'll look for this clip on one.

How far off would you say the main one is?

Cheers

• Like 1

Just now, mysticriver said:

still look like the 3rd & 4th photo have a lot of white pistols - id want to leave it a while longer.

And my own 1st crop is in late flower. I still have white pistols like yours. mine is in its 10th wk/flower the blurb says 8-9 wks. 

Maybe leave it another week but keep your eye on the pistols - I would go for the majority of them being brown as the point that I want my weed to be, as I prefer more couch-lock effect. 

your own preference for weed high may differ.

mysticriver 

Thanks for your response.  Yes I would prefer a more couch lock high.  So I will wait a few weeks and reassess.

The waiting is the hardest part but it will be worth it.

@mysticriver we are not allowed links but it you search for this exactly

Universal 3 in 1 Fish Eye Wide Angle Macro Camera Clip-on Lens Set Gift

you will find it easy enough (£5 plus free postage) mine arrived in 48 hours!

@dougens from your photographs it isn’t possible to tell how close or far they are from finishing.

• Like 6

@dougens They look great for 6 weeks but need at least 2 more imho :D They can put on a LOT of bulk on during these next 2 weeks and when you compare the photos you will see it was worth it. I wouldn't cut the feed yet either for at least another week and see how they develop as they are eating up their old fan leaves and don't look over-fed/burnt to me. They should fatten up more, the pistils will brown and recede into the flowers a bit as they mature and look a lot more "cooked".

I spent whole bloody nights ages looking at trichomes but that's only part of the story, its the whole plant you need to look at as well. The photos help as you can compare from week to week. Trichomes on leaves mature faster too (I saw amber on leaves way before buds) so you should probably ignore those and focus on the trichomes on the buds.

Another 2 more weeks (now you've already put in 12) ain't so bad. Good luck :smokin:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

They can put on a LOT of bulk on during these next 2 weeks

I can second that

mine have put on noticeable green new buds on top of buds in these last 2 weeks. And height a little - new sprouts up top.

mysticriver 

Edited by mysticriver
clarity
  • Like 3

Oh just for future you should really feed with every watering. Maybe go a bit easier on the nutes before hand though. 

Hope they turn out nice for ya! :)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

@dougens They look great for 6 weeks but need at least 2 more imho :D They can put on a LOT of bulk on during these next 2 weeks and when you compare the photos you will see it was worth it. I wouldn't cut the feed yet either for at least another week and see how they develop as they are eating up their old fan leaves and don't look over-fed/burnt to me. They should fatten up more, the pistils will brown and recede into the flowers a bit as they mature and look a lot more "cooked".

I spent whole bloody nights ages looking at trichomes but that's only part of the story, its the whole plant you need to look at as well. The photos help as you can compare from week to week. Trichomes on leaves mature faster too (I saw amber on leaves way before buds) so you should probably ignore those and focus on the trichomes on the buds.

Another 2 more weeks (now you've already put in 12) ain't so bad. Good luck :smokin:

I've got the camera you suggested on order so will repost images when it arrives.  Thanks for your help.

11 minutes ago, KC said:

Off topic but I must ask. Do you drink Lager and Ale? Most people are one or the other :cheers:

Both! Depends on the mood!

6 minutes ago, KC said:

Oh just for future you should really feed with every watering. Maybe go a bit easier on the nutes before hand though. 

Hope they turn out nice for ya! :)

Sorry I feed with every watering on the main plant in the wilma pot.  (5x15mins per day / 7ml of nutes ionic bloom) this is in pure coco (canna pro +) feed at 5.8-6.2

The on/off (ph'd water / feed) (7ml ionic bloom also) is for the smaller (one main bud) plant in a mix of soil and coco.  I started out with three other plants that didn't work and were in the wilma 4 pot and had the soil / coco mix small pot as an extra.  In hindsight I wish this one was in the wilma pot, dripper system etc.  Images below.

large.IMG_5370.jpglarge.IMG_5369.jpg

The reason was doing one feed / one water was as there is soil in this medium, I though from reading up that would be best, and letting it dry out more (soil watering process etc)

Do you think a better way could be found?  I can put this into the dripper system and see what occurs, and have thought about that but worried I may over water and soak the soil element of the mix, giving me root issues an rot....?!

It is further behind the main plant in it's flower

Thanks again for help it is invaluable, great site and good people!

• Like 1