Kilner Jars Leaking Smell?

BlueberryCookie

Hi,

Has anyone ever had smell leaking from a kilner jar before? The clip top ones. Is there anyway of stopping this or could anyone recommend a better option?

Wide mouth Ball mason jars for the win.

No rubbers, no clip tops, no problems.

But yeah the rubbers, and they tend to get chips around the metal clips and over time you have a chance of this below happening.

large.image.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BlueberryCookie said:

Hi,

Has anyone ever had smell leaking from a kilner jar before? The clip top ones. Is there anyway of stopping this or could anyone recommend a better option?

Never had an issue. Maybe you've grown some amazingly stinky weed.

31 minutes ago, BlueberryCookie said:

Hi,

yeah, stopped using them as they leaked ever so slightly...you could try two of the rubber seals at the top for a tighter fit but personally I find the screw top glass jars far better  

• Like 2

they do leak, most definitely. i stopped using them for storage, and now i vac pack everything. i use a mason jar for my day to day buds, much better, they seal for a kick off

• Like 2

It seems like the rubber seals have soaked up the smell, not sure if that's possible. I wiped them with alcohol wipes but still stunk. They're new jars. I'll get some screw top jars as the flat reeks. Definitely gonna look into vac packing most of it. Great idea @badbillybob. This was only my first grow, 6 blueberry cookies & 3 OGC. All the BBC hermied, but I learnt a lot in the process. Thank you all for your comments, very much appreciated.

• Like 2

Relying on the clip to pull the top down can make matters worse, better to push down firmly on the lid while clipping.

• Like 2

Use killner jars with a little bit of cling film.  Then 3 jars go into travel/storage vacuum bags.  Quick suck with the hoover.  Job done.

I've only ever used Kilner jars, think they were like £4  each so i don't know if that's cheap or not but i've had no leak issues, only when i pop the top off i get hit in the face with the smell.

14 minutes ago, growinggold said:

Anyone use screw tops?

All my jars are screw top kilners. Never had a leak through them.

• Like 2

Put some water in your jars and turn them upside down. If even a tiny bit of water seeps out they will leak the smell of weed too.

• Like 3