Help! WTF is this on my leaves?

Furry Freak Bro'

it's damage to the leaf it's self, a pic of the whole plant would be helpful and your growing specs

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Jehova said:

check pH, leave looks quite dark too but check pH first of all.

You don't even know what medium yet dude, bit premature maybe. 

Hi guys thanks for chiming in on this issue

it's a weird one - it started when one of three plants had this orange stuff on their leaves a couple of weeks ago - I gave that one some more water and it seems to have recovered then suddenly today this orange stuff started appearing on the other two plants leaves - I suspected it was airborne and the humidifier I've got in there was spreading? The humidity usually hovers around 50% so I switched that off

When I went to check the pH (it's  5.8 ) I noticed the water was down on the on the two plants that have just started showing symptoms - so I topped them up

I thought it was some sort of airborne bug to start with but the first thing I did when I found it today was to tear the leaves off that were affected -  I just have a look and where the leaves have been torn off the inner stem of the plant also looked orange!!!

So it is coming from inside the plants

the plants are sitting in these ceramic beads which are exactly the same colour as this gunk on the leaves!  they are very old perhaps the roots are sucking the colour up from them? I think the first thing I'm gonna do tomorrow is get some new beads and change the water

what do you guys think?

lets start with this.

What medium are you growing in, what are you feeding them and what kind of lighting are you using.

• Like 1

They're in DWC hydro -

feeding 3 part

lights 2 x 600w 3 foot above

large.DSC_4647.JPG

Edited by Joolz
to remove spamazon links

2 600's for those? led or hps? that's some overkill mate

they look ok otherwise from a distance like

• Like 2

Can lights cause this gunk?

I just realised that I was looking at the plants under the orange glow light - duh -I swear I hadn't twisted one up first!

The plants are a bit bigger than in the photo so maybe the lights need moving - more like 2 foot now

I think water change tomorrow and keep an eye on it.

How often are you changing out the water with fresh water and nutes?

How much of each of the nutes are you feeding.
Also, 1200w for such small space is waaaaay overkill.

Edited by Thai Stick
  • Like 2

Thai stick

water change tomorrow!

nutes 40ml grow, 20mm micro, 20ml bloom,  per week

1 light is now off!

Just had a quick look at AN feeding calculator and it seems to suggest that the 3 parts should be used in equal quantities. 

Dunno if this relates to problem. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

idk but your heater is almost touching the leaves, could that be drying the close leaves out in lights off period. are you keeping the nutes in the room with all that heat and light ? If so would be looking to store them somewhere cooler and dark.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, photobat said:

idk but your heater is almost touching the leaves, could that be drying the close leaves out in lights off period. are you keeping the nutes in the room with all that heat and light ? If so would be looking to store them somewhere cooler and dark.

good advice! BTW

10 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Just had a quick look at AN feeding calculator and it seems to suggest that the 3 parts should be used in equal quantities. 

Dunno if this relates to problem. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

I'm not using AN - the parts mix is right