My new cab build.

murphyblue

Popped into work and picked up some bits and pieces.

Some dead mat stuff which i have wrapped the fan in.

Fire retardant  booth filter which i also wrapped my fan with.

Picked up some bungees and some rubber strips 2 inch wide and a couple of inch thick will come in handy.

Got a fitting for extraction to cover my dodgy hole cutting the fitting is for 4 inch solid metal spiral type pipe which is used for industrial ventilation i also have a short length off.

With pay day being mid week i hope to get it finished this week and pop some beans.

Need beer and dinner so more pics can wait. lol

• Like 1

As they say i am getting there. lol

First mistake i should have made that top shelf a little bigger was a swine of a job trying to seal it up. 

Changes i took out the fan cable running through the veg chamber the 2 fans below will now have a charger of their own i still might change it as might put the inkbird down there.

large.IMG_0665.JPG

Don't laugh at my big plurple light bulb i was young and foolish and it will do till i can afford a little board to go in there.

large.IMG_0664.JPG

I have finished something in that i installed the power supply (cable through the back) i say finished in that its the only part of the outside that's been filled and painted a matt black.

large.IMG_0662.JPG

And the inside top shelf power supply mounted next to my fan controller.

large.IMG_0663.JPG

Still a few little bits to seal up and the extraction to sort out which i am still a little undecided to be honest i have some flexi i also have a proper 4 inch metal pipe with the fitting or i might wait till payday and get a plastic pipe and fitting i only need a short piece so might use the metal fitting on outside with a short piece of flexi connecting the fan might help stop vibration.

• Like 3

Well i installed the fan and filter after wrapping the fan up in several layers cant hear it on number 3 which is more than enough.

AC Infinity seem to be the fan but while searching yesterday came across Radair fans and as been suggested to go bigger and turn down the 150 will be perfect and cheap at £55.

As for a new filter to go with it i'm not sure one thing it cant be is big seen some and they frigging huge.

Anyway cut what whiteboard i had left  missing the large piece for the flower chamber but can get more.

I figured each section should have its own piece should make it easier to lightproof i cut each piece to size and just put in place and it should work well with magnetic tape as this stuff is really light.

Couple of pics.

large.IMG_0678.JPGlarge.IMG_0679.JPG

A good tip for some one who wants to use this sort of stuff dont be tempted to use a jigsaw unless u got access to a fine tooth band saw with a fence do it the old fashioned way and use a good sharp panel saw better finish on the cuts and will be a lot neater come seal up.

And another tip a dvd or cd is perfect for marking the holes out for a 120mm pc fan. lol

• Like 5

The first victim for my new cab is up she is an auto by G13 Labs "Bride cake" a freebie from the tude from a couple of years ago.

It was the only auto i had so she will go full term in the box as its going to be run 24/7 for a while with my outdoor stuff needing popping at end of month.

I have some cloth pots i made up for my peppers a couple of weeks ago spoonful of growmore spoonful of bonemeal and some rock dust sprinkle of perlite and humax compo.

So the plan is to keep her in this pot for a week or so then put her in one of those and just give her water i have some cal/mag if needed.

large.IMG_0681.JPG

All this relies on her living she didn't have a good start she got a bit stuck so i had to help i was careful and she has grown a little so there is hope. lol

The 2 jack herer are being as awkward as last year and still not up but will give them plenty of time.

I also popped another freebie also by G13 Labs "C99"  so my fears about storing my seeds in the fridge have eased.

Method take out seeds 48hrs before use pop them in glass with water put in cupboard for again 48hrs all have cracked so far so just pop them in pot and wait.

• Like 4

Couple of pics of the new arrivals in the new cab which is working great.

large.IMG_0697.JPGlarge.IMG_0698.JPGlarge.IMG_0699.JPG

The auto is a week old now and after a shaky start seems to be going ok will move her into cloth pot soon.

The C99 is a bit leggy but will bury a bit on pot up and is roughly the same age as the auto.

The RM is a red manderine still trying to crack the other one she came up yesterday.

The other 4 are 3 RGSC freebies and a black dog which came up this morning so took lid of prop.

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

Thought i would update this thread as much has changed.

My box.

large.P1030645.JPG

Opened the box. lol

large.P1030651.JPG

Covers removed.

large.P1030656.JPG

The 2 dark spaces u can't see in the above pic.

large.P1030657.JPGlarge.P1030658.JPG

Will start with the top shelf i did buy the radair 150 and got a 6"fox filter to go with it under 100 notes for them both. :yep:

The fan has been great nice and quiet and works well with the step controller and the filter also not skipped a beat can't smell a thing until i take off the whiteboard.

The veg cab i settled on a vipar spectra P600 mainly because it was small fitted the space had a dimmer and only about 100w up full.

Underneath the veg cab i added another intake fan and drilled more holes outside also.

The little oilrad i had in there has been replaced with 2 x 60w tube heaters.

Waiting for payday to get another to put inside the flower cab.

The flower cab the light is a voost 240w way overpowered for the space and only just fits in there.

The PC fans in both cabs are USB and have 3 speeds and they been great.

Bought a Govee double pack one each for flower and veg cabs and been monitoring both and the flower cab is a couple of degrees cooler so a tube in there should do the job.

Think once i get the extra tube heater for the flower cab the box will be finally complete and as efficient as i can get it.

• Like 4

That's awesome mate, great job! Love a cabinet/conversion! I use a Viparspectra P600 in my micro setup, it's a solid piece of gear tbh, was pleasantly surprised by the build quality of the thing when it arrived and it fits my space almost perfectly. I think there's about 5mm play left to right lol