Return of the mites, immune to harkers

Mk3

Another mites thread sorry guys! Absolutely devastated, had some minor mite issues in the past that harkers has cleared up straight away

Harkers isn't touching these little bad boys, drenched entire plants 3 times now and it's like they enjoy it! I'm wiping leaves off with a sponge to get the little buggers off and 24 hours later they are back bigger than before

8 weeks into veg, will be heartbroken if I can't get on top of it so looking for 1 last attack before I let them win.large.20210318_064917_compress37.jpglarge.20210318_064911_compress97.jpg

Anyone have experience with using pyrethrum 5ec or guard-n-aid? Is there anything else you've successfully used to blast the fuckers? Thought I'd ask before the grow shop sells me whatever they make the most profit from!

Thanks

I think the chemical might have lost it's punch ,not sure but I bought a newer bottle of Ivermectin and it seemed to be stronger than the last . The SMC bottle might be good too . Sorry to hear . 

1 hour ago, buddy13 said:

are you sure they're spider mites?

100% spider mites, typical dark spot and firing out webbing quicker than I can keep up with.. although half of them don't have the obvious dark spot on the body, I thought they were younger mites but there could be a cocktail of little prices running around to be honest

37 minutes ago, Nuggsy said:

get some predators

I'll look into it but they are progressing so quickly that I was hoping to nuke them all rather than take my chances with predators

36 minutes ago, Nuggsy said:

Thrips ?

No mate, I've battled thrips before.. some of these mites look the same colour as thrips but defiantly mite shaped and shooting webs

Has anyone heard of / used Guard-n-Aid spidermite? Hydro shop has recommended it, £40 which is a small price to pay to nuke the little shits but can't find much info about it online and don't want to waste my time / money

Cheers

Couple more pics, I know they aren't great but you've put ideas in my head now. I am 100% I have spider mite, but I may also have something else! Any ideas?

1 hour ago, buddy13 said:

are you sure they're spider mites?

large.20210315_204416_compress88.jpglarge.20210315_204402_compress65.jpg

I had the same issue with breeding harkers resistant mites - posted the same thing the other day sorry to repeat myself

Try some other nasty chemicals i did and it sorted them for me - the SMC and other neem type products are ok to keep them under control but wont eliminate them.

I eventually splashed out on some of the below - it was pricey and if i get mites again i will alternate between it and harkers.

large.PLANT-VIT-MITE-KILL.jpglarge.PLANT-VIT-MITE-KILL-bottle.jpg

• Like 5

Hi @Mk3. I'm curious to know what dosage you used with the Harkers stuff?

I seem (tempts fate!) to have got on top of mine with a couple of goes at 1ml/litre.

39 minutes ago, highgrower said:

I had the same issue with breeding harkers resistant mites - posted the same thing the other day sorry to repeat myself

Try some other nasty chemicals i did and it sorted them for me - the SMC and other neem type products are ok to keep them under control but wont eliminate them.

I eventually splashed out on some of the below - it was pricey and if i get mites again i will alternate between it and harkers.

This was top of my list but it wanted something today and it was £30 more expensive in my local shop that I could get it for online I refuse to be mugged off lol, if my Guard-n-aid doesn't work I'll get a bottle of this 

33 minutes ago, Wacky Wardrobe said:

Hi @Mk3. I'm curious to know what dosage you used with the Harkers stuff?

I seem (tempts fate!) to have got on top of mine with a couple of goes at 1ml/litre.

Have used 1ml before and it worked a treat, this time round I started at 1ml then upped to 2ml and it didn't touch them unfortunately!

Abamectin ,harkers mectin ,ivermectin .They're so similar ,they do the same thing .The old SBPI was abamectin . A fresh bottle of either might just be better than one that's been opened quite a while . There's a rubber seal on some lids for a syringe so maybe it oxidises and loses it's potency ?

• Like 2

Guard 'n' Aid SpiderMite is just a Pyrethrum based,  so it's just a contact killer.

You literally have to spray them all to kill them.

What @highgrower has suggested is Systemic ! Keeps a well of poison in the plant so when they come back they are fucked.

Plus you should be alternating with another pesticide to avoid this happening in the first place and in future otherwise your effectively making super pests.

2 pesticides make it harder for them to get resistant.

All the same I hope you kill them all :badass:

• Like 1

Dr Schimmel spider mite spray or Dynamec if you can get some

No good pissing about with them now. Get them blasted 

Owd 

• Like 2

On 18/03/2021 at 5:33 PM, highgrower said:

So whens the latest in the veg cycle you can use this gear? Right into flip/flower?  

I'm currently fighting the Borg with Harkers but thinking to drop a round of this just to make sure.

Hope this Killer Mite stuff has done the trick for you!?!?!

• Like 1

@samokybacon - yea it has done the trick - i did 3 sprays over about 10 days - the bottle is pricey but actually works out cheaper per litre than the 5ml harkers bottle i think - i just hope it remains potent for a few years as i really only used about 10ml of it.

If(when) i get mites again i will use this and also harkers and do 2 spays of each to make sure they dont get a chance to build up resistance.

I would not wait until the latest point in veg and rather tackle mites as soon as you spot them so when plants are as small as possible - and i would not use in flower and try to leave as long as possible after spraying and flowering.