Anyone using blumats in coco?

badbillybob

On 15/11/2023 at 6:42 AM, zeroG said:

I found better results by soaking the heads in the actual nutrient solution as opposed to just water as the salts in the feed make the blumats soak/dry differently. It marginally helped the drying out but ultimately after a week to 10 days, particularly in flower they naturally dried out as the drip feed is never enough to keep the whole pot of coco wet enough to maintain the draw consistently.

I think using these in coco with mixed liquid nutrient feed is a no no. Feed the coco instead. For me it had to be water only, so when people started successfully using slow release pellets like Beanstalk (there are other brands), I took the initiative. If you know how the carrot membranes really work, you’ll know they’re not just a drip. On really hot days outdoors, the drip became a steady stream for a few hours before going back to dripping once fully damp again. If the membrane was full of salts, it probably clogs up. Water only works best. You can liquid feed root tonic etc manually (I do) and the dripping will stop for a day. 

still early days, but I’m hopeful. :D 

• Like 1