Anyone using blumats in coco?

badbillybob

Sounds about right mate. Need a resi obviously. Also I'm pretty sure the kits come with a resi connector. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

the res connector comes with the kit. 

i would get another cut off/ stop valve, to use at the end of the line, it makes life easier for setting up the carrots

• Like 3

If I totted up time spent of setting up a self watering coco, it'd be about 3x the amount of time needed to handwater. I'm certain once yours is running good, you'll have a lifetime of easy growing ahead. lol

And was that a 39 I saw for humidity? If so, that might be why they look grumpy. :yep:

• Like 2

Tonight my 20L pot with 1 senson and 2 drippers only has one dripper working of the two, the last one. How its missing the one inbetween is a mystery, but it is. The line isnt clogged as i've rebled it to hanging drip  -2...

the 2 x 6.4L pots look wet, but I did slosh them last night and theyre not rooted out, neither are they likely to be, as theyre in flower, the bigger pot was just to doam some breathing/watering space...just in case...

Res looks to be down by about 1cm, but I cant be sure, and the temps were low whgen I went in the groom tonight, I thinbkj its the moist air with the circulating fan over the copnstand srip[ srip srip...I would like to think that was the case, but it likely not to be...

Just set mine up today. Was easy enough to do but might take a bit of time to dial in. 
I soaked my carrots in nute mix so the salt balance would be the same. Although don’t know if it would have made a difference. 

one thing I’m not sure about is what, if any root stim to use. I normally go for roots accelerator but I’m worried it might cause buildup in the drippers. 
Got a diary on the go so will document my attempts at using them. 

Wizard :oldtoker:

• Like 2

there are 2 roots excellerators, the gold and the silver bottle. 

the silver one is for hydro drippers etc, because its a bit thinner. 

the gold stuff, i dont think id be using it in the thin drip lines, but im no expert

im keeping my nutes super simple, just grow, bloom and cal mag.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stonerwizard said:

I think I’ll just leave it out to be honest. I’m sure they won’t miss it. 

Wizard :oldtoker:

Maybe put a half dilution rate into a bottle with water first. Give it a good shake and really dilute the consistency, should be good to go. 

Edited by Hempire Road
  • Like 1

quick update, ive turned these off completely, after yet another fucking runaway. different one every time so its not a carrot issue.  

ive not adjusted the ones that have run away, they just seem to decide to flood the friggin tray at random, after having presumably worked fine for a number of days.

I cant trust this system in coco, and thats the long and short of it.  it would probably work fine in soil i imagine,.

As for making life easier, GTFO.

im just gonna hand water every couple of days till i get a chance to have a proper look and see what the hell is going on with them. 

Needless to say, im extremely fucking pissed off with blumats.

i will give them another try next week but if its more of the same - then  its going into my big box of obsolete growing shit in the loft

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 2

I don't think it's the coco that's causing the issue mate. There's gotta be a problem with your setup somewhere. I've not had issues with runaways personally so can't offer much advice on troubleshooting your problem. I'm sure you'll figure it out mate. It'd be out of character for something to run smoothly for you from the off. Don't let the Blumats beat you mate. You got this.

• Like 1

Just been back and looked through some of you pictures in here @badbillybob not sure if they're the most up to date you mentioned zip tying the feed lines have you had a chance to get round to this yet? There's a few things I've noticed firstly your main feed line runs up and down hill in a few places. I also noticed there's a one of your drip lines that looks quite short at the drip end and the end that runs back to the feed line looks like it's quite stretched.

If you haven't had a chance to sort the lines out yet that's the first thing I'd do nice straight runs as level and even as you can make them. You want plenty of slack in the elastic lines and don't want them stretched out. If you're having issues with the feed line wanting to curl up on you and you need to straighten out an uncooperative section, you can get a bucket of warm water the warmer the better heat the sections up in the warm water and you'll be able to straighten them out loads.

Hopefully this will help but at the very least we can rule line lay out of the equation.

Edited by NezA
Grammar
  • Like 4