First dwc grow, having problems

Amen holmes

11 minutes ago, Amen holmes said:

why I should keep the ec that low,

Roots are in constant contact with the nute solution unlike other systems so it's very easy to overfeed in dwc...

My EC sits below 1.0 for most of the grow and generally finishes no higher than 1.2 with tap background of .3.

• Like 2

Thank you for your replies, I have done a res change today at 0.9ec as It will rise because of the high solution already in the roots, I will check what it changes to over the next 24 hrs and make sure we settle down at 1.2,

When researching this  strain it suggested it loved all the nutes it could get by watching ppm swing and plant health, its left me concerned so now I'll try a moderate approach and see if it gets back on track, thanks for your help, I will update in a few days, thanks agin

Hi guys, so it's been a few days now, and it's definitely a lot happier with a lower e.c, so thank you for that, but it's left me with a few questions if that's cool, 

So when I have my nutrient solution at 1.2 e.c I need to add ph down with further increases th  e.c, do I need to take this into account of total e.c in the res? Also after each day the e.c has risen and may need some ph down which again raises e.c, I guess my question is should I always take the ppm from pH down into account? 

Also would it do too much harm if I were to pluck a few leaves that are crowded and sitting on each other, I don't want them to sweat and things are looking well crowded? Cheers

Hey. I had some trouble with my DWC already early on too.

I had a couple of times when temp and humidity were undesirable so what I do is this - I have the house thermostat in the grow room set to 20C. The house is a bit cold sometimes but the temp in the grow room doesnt fall low. I also turn the extractor down at night when I remember to and I have a humidifier in the tents because humidity regurlarly drops below 40% for me without one