First dwc grow, having problems

Amen holmes

Hi there, this is my first time using dwc growing purple kush from seed, Mars hydro ts600 light, full range of shogun nutrients (first time straying from canna) temps now between 25°c and 17°c at night,

right, this plant had a real shit start in life, temps were below 12°c at night at the beginning of veg, but she pulled thru, the ppm and ph swing done my head in and I wrestled with that for a while but it stayed in check, I lost half of my main branches from l. S. T with string, when I went to tie down further up, they snapped where the first piece of string was.... :(

I nearly threw them out, but thought id see it through, flipped to 12-12 and in the 3rd week pistils started showing, it's now been 5 weeks (8 from flip) and there is loads of pistils, leaves and crystals but no real bud forming,  the thing is is the same is happening in my mates n. F. T grow, the only thing in common is nutrient brand and dosage, but same thing 5 weeks since pistils but no budds, my ec pen is a cheap one, I follow the nutrient chart but have to add 5ml of bloom  a-b to bring ec upto 1.6 in 10l of water, 

Please any idea what is happening?

Will she budd nicely? 

I must be doing something wrong? 

Thanks

Hello and welcome 

unfortunately you have answered ur own question.

your plant is spending all its time trying to deal with ur incorrect environment, feeding and temperature changes instead of flowers.

Get some pics up.....it speaks a thousand words.

:skin_up:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 2

Temperature problems were in early veg, 

PH is always between 5.5-6.2

Humidity is down to about 40% now the filter is in there

20 minutes ago, zen-ken said:

Hello and welcome 

unfortunately you have answered ur own question.

your plant is spending all its time trying to deal with ur incorrect environment, feeding and temperature changes instead of flowers.

Get some pics up.....it speaks a thousand words.

:skin_up:

Thank you for your welcome zen-ken, what would you suggest I do to improve things with my environment? Really want to See these things get moving now

• Like 1

Hi bud and welcome,

Not a lot wrong with that plant...you just need some patience.

Reservoir temps are critical and need to be between 18c and 22c for best results,

Tie down the centre one to level things off and you should get a good result.

atb  :oldtoker:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stu914 said:

Hi bud and welcome,

Not a lot wrong with that plant...you just need some patience.

Reservoir temps are critical and need to be between 18c and 22c for best results,

Tie down the centre one to level things off and you should get a good result.

atb  :oldtoker:

Thanks, I've been keeping res at 18°c, I use ice bottles on hot days and heaters on cold days, I was thinking of tying that top down but the branches are too tough, it would definitely snap, as soon as I see some proper bud I'll relax, but all I can think is its gonna hermie or be a waste of time and just be sugar leaf, do you think 25°c is too cold for daytime environment? Cheers!! 

4 minutes ago, Amen holmes said:

25°c is too cold for daytime environment?

That's pretty good, it's the gap between day/night temps that's more important...around 5c swing is good.

If your mate is doing the same strain with the same results then maybe it's a long flowerer?

I've just finished flowering a Gorilla Bomb grow at nearly 12 weeks and on the pack it said 67 days,

could've taken another couple of weeks but enough's enough...

Hang in there bud...:yep:

• Like 3

Just now, stu914 said:

That's pretty good, it's the gap between day/night temps that's more important...around 5c swing is good.

If your mate is doing the same strain with the same results then maybe it's a long flowerer?

I've just finished flowering a Gorilla Bomb grow at nearly 12 weeks and on the pack it said 67 days,

could've taken another couple of weeks but enough's enough...

Hang in there bud...:yep:

Sorry I never said, my friend is growing mimosa evo and gorilla skittles in the nft,  which is what is making me think it could be nutes, both grows we're awesome for veg but flowering is taking ages, gotta see it thru I spose, but just worried, it smells soo nice I don't want to fuck it up :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

1.6 ec is too high in dwc imho. 

The feed chart says this week should be the highest, when I change the tank I'll try 1.2 and see where it goes

Cheers

take that feed chart and throw the fucking thing in the bin.

learn to read your plants instead. 

this was on 1.2 ec

large_203.jpg

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

take that feed chart and throw the fucking thing in the bin.

learn to read your plants instead. 

this was on 1.2 ec

large_203.jpg

I've had no nute burn, just seeing how much the plant wants by checking ppm swing up Or down, I'm really sorry dude but I want density over size, did you add anything other than base nutes? R. O water? 

Thanks for your reply tho

Bud density has absolutely nothing to do with feed EC. What makes you think that it does?

the bud in the pic was as dense as you like. 

tap water is 0.2 out the tap, no boosters used, cal mag, bloom, grow and silicone, thats all you need.

and never higher than 1.2ec.

Since you  doubt me, which it sounds like you do , go and look up some dwc grows by Heath Robinson, he grew a 76 ounce plant indoors on 2x600s on flip flop relays, so effectively 900 watts, and didnt go over 1.2 ec, but what would he know, he didnt even have  a feed chart.

good luck with it

Edited by badbillybob

Like I said it's my first time dwc, I do watch my plants which is why I am now up to this high an e.c, I'll take your advice and try it, as I want to learn, do you have any science you can give me as to why I should keep the ec that low, I'd rather learn what I'm doing than copy someone without knowing why? Relax dude, I'm sure getting the feed and needed supplements just right will produce dense buds, which is why I want to understand it fully, will deffo check out heath Robinson,