Portable and discrete vape needed

Kush Lover

16 minutes ago, Kush Lover said:

In all honesty it sounds like a damn minefield and the life of some of these vapes is shockingly short, might just have to put it on a backburner and wait to get a Mighty

Im gonna start sounding like a broken record lol

I bought an Arizer solo in 2012, started using it daily in 2013. In 2017 i gave it to friend so i had an excuse to buy the Solo2.

Im still using my solo2 after 4 years of daily use. My friend is still using my original after 8 years of daily use.

like purepotstill i am also a huge fan of the dynavaps and have been using those daily for 3-4years now.

Both arizer and dynavap are well built and will last the test of time if treated well. Cheap chinese stuff, not so much.

Edited by Furtive
  • Like 2

Just now, growinggold said:

Mighty is bulletproof, save up. It's worth it.

I have a mighty too and its great but i use the solo and dnyvap more tbh. Solo is great for chilling with a sipping like a joint. Dynavap is brilliant for quick hits. The mighty is brilliant and very efficient but i go through weed a lot faster with its bigger bowl and fast extraction.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kush Lover said:

In all honesty it sounds like a damn minefield and the life of some of these vapes is shockingly short, might just have to put it on a backburner and wait to get a Mighty

I couldn't decide either. I think I ended up considering a mighty, a crafty+, storm spirit, flowermate hybrid X, arizer solo 2 and arizer air 2. 

What I couldn't really figure out is where the best value lies so I kind of gave up on it. Which products have the most longevity? Best for batteries and/or charge. Best for effects? Best for using with hash? Rizlas and Drum managed to trump a lot of these questions for me.....I'm still a tobacco mix joint smoker so it would be great to make the switch. 

Discreet and portable are a must and I agree with previous comments that dynavap type devices probably look a bit too blatant and dodgy to the public. I'd ignore anyone walking down the street with a regular looking portable vape in hand. 

Peace :smokin:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Furtive said:

I have a mighty too and its great but i use the solo and dnyvap more tbh. Solo is great for chilling with a sipping like a joint. Dynavap is brilliant for quick hits. The mighty is brilliant and very efficient but i go through weed a lot faster with its bigger bowl and fast extraction.

There's a thing I don't like with my Solo2, it's the airpath. I may be a bit paranoid :unsure:, but it seems the air is passing through the electronic parts and I don't like that idea. 

@j0eperry: VapCap is the way to go if you don't want to depend on batteries. Elev8r seems a good option too, but a bit fragile and more of a PITA to clean, although you can use Mighty's capsules to make that easier. I'd love to try a Sticky Brick Runt, but can't find them in my country and don't want customs to have a look in my parcels...

Edited by purepotstill
  • Like 1

I've had my mighty 4+ years think it's older tbh. It's been dropped loads and still goes on. Only down side is cleaning. Which is good really it's shocking how much resin it collect s which would be I my lungs if smoked. I will never go back to tobacco it's the devil, please stop.

If I do smoke it's purws the whole way. 

• Like 1

Don't mind depending on batteries mate. Just want to know if it's better to go for a rechargeable with power bank or 18650s. Solo 2 sounds good from above except for airpath concerns. It's a minefield....hence....big old dirty carrots :smokin:

6 minutes ago, j0eperry said:

I couldn't decide either. I think I ended up considering a mighty, a crafty+, storm spirit, flowermate hybrid X, arizer solo 2 and arizer air 2. 

What I couldn't really figure out is where the best value lies so I kind of gave up on it. Which products have the most longevity? Best for batteries and/or charge. Best for effects? Best for using with hash? Rizlas and Drum managed to trump a lot of these questions for me.....I'm still a tobacco mix joint smoker so it would be great to make the switch. 

Discreet and portable are a must and I agree with previous comments that dynavap type devices probably look a bit too blatant and dodgy to the public. I'd ignore anyone walking down the street with a regular looking portable vape in hand. 

Peace :smokin:

A lot of it is personal preference so at some point you just have to pick one, try it and go from there. Honestly mate get a vape and ditch the baccy you will look back at it as one of the best things you ever did.

Just now, purepotstill said:

There's a thing I don't like with my Solo2, it's the airpath. I may be a bit paranoid :unsure:, but it seems the air is passing through the electronic parts and I don't like that idea. 

They fixed this in the last revision it has an isolated air path now. They insist its safe in the older versions but made the change to address the concerns. Im not that worried aobvut it personally.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Furtive said:

8 minutes ago, Furtive said:

The speed of going though weed isn't a problem as I amused to inefficient blunts and I keep myself stocked up lol 

Just now, purepotstill said:

@j0eperry: VapCap is the way to go if you don't want to depend on batteries. Elev8r seems a good option too, but a bit fragile and more of a PITA to clean, although you can use Mighty's capsules to make that easier. 

This is one of my concerns as I gave up baccy for my health so I don't want to start sucking vapor through the electronics! That could lead somewhere nasty in the future!

I love the idea of a VapCap but my issue with it is the appearance, with vape I could get away at having a go at the back door but I'm pretty sure my parish councillor neighbour would think I'm hitting the crack pipe! 

Just now, growinggold said:

I've had my mighty 4+ years think it's older tbh. It's been dropped loads and still goes on. Only down side is cleaning. Which is good really it's shocking how much resin it collect s which would be I my lungs if smoked. I will never go back to tobacco it's the devil, please stop.

If I do smoke it's purws the whole way. 

Yeah I can't go back to tobacco, I loved it for years but that shit is nasty and there is just no benefit at all, took me a while to quit so just want to try and stop combustion.

I think I am sold on the Mighty or Crafty + just need to convince the Mrs lol 

• Like 2

Just now, Furtive said:

A lot of it is personal preference so at some point you just have to pick one, try it and go from there. Honestly mate get a vape and ditch the baccy you will look back at it as one of the best things you ever did.

They fixed this in the last revision it has an isolated air path now. They insist its safe in the older versions but made the change to address the concerns. Im not that worried aobvut it personally.

If they have fixed it then I might be up for one of these, they seem pretty cool. I gave up baccy a few years ago then had a nicotine vape which was a bad move, I was taking in more nicotine than ever but that's hit the bin as well now.

The area I live in is a little more reserved so sat in the garden with a blunt has to be done when the neighbours are out these days.

• Like 2

Also I forgot to ask as you gents seem pretty knowledgeable about the vapes, what'd the deal with the smell? 

My Mrs just doesn't like me smelling of weed when I have had a smoke, what's the reality after vaping? Do people smell it on you?

15 minutes ago, Kush Lover said:

Also I forgot to ask as you gents seem pretty knowledgeable about the vapes, what'd the deal with the smell? 

My Mrs just doesn't like me smelling of weed when I have had a smoke, what's the reality after vaping? Do people smell it on you?

Tbh, it smells equal or less than when I open a jar to take some weed. There's a smell, but it's light and it quickly disappears. I don't even bother with opening the windows now. Don't think I smell anything after vaping, but it's hard to say, and my missus can't help (she smokes baccy and weed).

@furtive : heard about that fix on the solo2, but can't find anything solid and not sure if mine is a newer or older version. It'not old though, bought it last november, but you never know how old the stocks were. But can't agree more with you about giving up tobacco.When I started vaping, I understood the urge to make a joint at any hour was due to tobacco addiction. It was a bit of a shock because I never smoked cigarettes. Now I can wait much longer before vaping my first dose, and I'm not tempted anymore when missus smokes a joint in the afternoon (I avoid to vape before evening, and more if I know I'd have to drive even several hours later).

Edited by purepotstill
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, purepotstill said:

Tbh, it smells equal or less than when I open a jar to take some weed. There's a smell, but it's light and it quickly disappears. I don't even bother with opening the windows now. Don't think I smell anything after vaping, but it's hard to say, and my missus can't help (she smokes baccy and weed).

@furtive : heard about that fix on the solo2, but can't find anything solid and not sure if mine is a newer or older version. It'not old though, bought it last november, but you never know how old the stocks were. But can't agree more with you about giving up tobacco.When I started vaping, I understood the urge to make a joint at any hour was due to tobacco addiction. It was a bit of a shock because I never smoked cigarettes. Now I can wait much longer before vaping my first dose, and I'm not tempted anymore when missus smokes a joint in the afternoon (I avoid to vape before evening, and more if I know I'd have to drive even several hours later).

1 hour ago, growinggold said:

Very faint smells 10 % compared with smoking and it's doesn't stick to clothes like smoke..

Excellent that's the kind of smell report I was looking for chaps especially with the Amherst Sour Diesel I am harvesting this week, much appreciated.

I used to know so many people who were addicted to baccy through spliffs but I was hooked long before. I doubt I would like it now but there was a period in my life where I would load a huge bowl, chug down the bong and then immediately smoke a Marlboro red as a chaser!! What a dick.

• Like 1