Jack Herer 12 weeks still not ready

greatgreenstuff

Hi guys, hopefully this is the right place to post.

This is my first grow, but I’ve been a long time lurker.

Im growing 2 GHS Jack Herers in a stealth cupboard in my shed under 200Watts of Samsung 3000k strips. 

Im not massively happy with how they are turning out. They were in veg for 6 weeks and both topped twice, they are now 12 weeks into flower and to my eye still don’t look ready. I know they definitely could have been in veg for longer but I was worried about them overwhelming my short grow space.

Just looking for any advice really, should I leave them longer? Will they fatten up anymore? Or should I cut and move on to my next grow?

Zc0Sip3.jpgKbctNNG.jpg9WjwwLG.jpg

• Like 1

18 weeks old ? something certainly went south imo ... have you checked out the trichs ?   2 to 4 weeks off methinks.... hope it smokes well . 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Xx-Danjaman-xX said:

What medium are you in? 

Plant magic supreme in 12L fabric pots

4 minutes ago, Bartyfartblast said:

18 weeks old ? something certainly went south imo ... have you checked out the trichs ?   2 to 4 weeks off methinks.... hope it smokes well . 

Yes I’m guessing something has not gone well, I’ve been using plant magic organic nutes and sticking to their chart. The one thing I can think of is night time temperatures of which I was struggling for a while until I added a better bar heater, it would regularly drop to 15C at night and 10C on colder nights. Other than that I don’t know, I’ve been watering every few days, trying not to over water. Just hope the next grow goes better..haha

Just now, greatgreenstuff said:

Plant magic supreme in 12L fabric pots

Yes I’m guessing something has not gone well, I’ve been using plant magic organic nutes and sticking to their chart. The one thing I can think of is night time temperatures of which I was struggling for a while until I added a better bar heater, it would regularly drop to 15C at night and 10C on colder nights. Other than that I don’t know, I’ve been watering every few days, trying not to over water. Just hope the next grow goes better..haha

Those temps definitely won't have done them any favours and if they had to deal with it for a while then it will have stunted their development. Have you checked the trichs with a magnifying glass?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GasHouseGrower said:

That’ll be the problem the cold, more than likely stopped nutrient uptake and slowed them right down.

I figured as much, not too bummed as it’s a mistake I won’t make again, got my heating setup sorted the other week and now a consistent 19-20C lights off so too late for this grow but ready for the next!

5 minutes ago, btk1977 said:

Those temps definitely won't have done them any favours and if they had to deal with it for a while then it will have stunted their development. Have you checked the trichs with a magnifying glass?

No I haven’t, I’ve zoomed in on a picture I took up close but wasn’t great, they look mainly clear I think... I’ll get hold of one of those jewellers things as I think that’ll be handy.

• Like 2

@greatgreenstuff Yeh definitely worth getting one. As well as the jewellers loops (which do the trick tbf) you can get usb microscopes fairly cheaply which make taking photos of the magnified trichs a lot easier. Someone was posting about them (might have been a wireless version) in the last couple of weeks and they seemed really good but can't remember the poster or the thread I'm afraid. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, btk1977 said:

@greatgreenstuff Yeh definitely worth getting one. As well as the jewellers loops (which do the trick tbf) you can get usb microscopes fairly cheaply which make taking photos of the magnified trichs a lot easier. Someone was posting about them (might have been a wireless version) in the last couple of weeks and they seemed really good but can't remember the poster or the thread I'm afraid. 

Im sure 'the bay' will provide a host of different options, which i will be sure to post the pictures from to this thread..

So should I continue feeding my girls? Anything I can do to improve the chances of a better harvest from these clearly stunted plants?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GasHouseGrower said:

19-20c is still a little low, try and get it up a couple degrees if you can.

Should I match my very consistent day temp of 23C ? Or should that be higher as well? I had it 25-26C during veg

here are some close ups I just took..

MRZGhBY.jpgWJQpwBa.jpgJdEYkuk.jpg

• Like 2