Hempy Buckets

Gungadin

Just wondering if HEMPY BUCKET can work with organic soil and organic liquid nutes.

Clay pebbles or perlite on bottom and just a little bit above the drainage hole to prevent soil being too dump, rest of the pot is soil and  organic liquid nutes for watering.

Edited by CDF20
Grammar

I’ve seen a post on youtube where a gardener totally submerged an organic soil plant  In water. This would normally kill a plant pretty quickly. He set up an airline in the bowl of water the plant pot sat in and it thrived from what the video showed. 

so in short no But it may work if you oxygenate the root zone/hempy reservoir.

One of the things I was going to try, so may do that with a snip with the sole purpose of seeing how it goes. 

• Like 1

Thanks for answering. Good idea, rubbing my heands totry with autopot airdome on bottom or somewhere between drainage hole and soil - sweet spot 

Edited by CDF20
Grammar

Personally if you want to grow organic just use pots of compost. 

I will do an organic hempie will just use a snip and keep it as a mum for now. If it dies it dies etc. 

• Like 1

Been totally Hempy for 2 years now, I use the 15liter B&Q black buckets, clay to the drain hole, 100% perlite above. I cut some pot covers out of an old exercise mat a hole in the middle and a slit from edge to centre for ease of removal, keeps the green gunge away nicely.

I use a cheap 2 part hydro nutes from the bay...yields went thru the roof for me when I changed from soil, and I was quite happy with those yields anyway. So easy to run, clean and almost 100% recycleable medium so after start up it is very cheap to run, you can get a lot of info if you search for it.

• Like 6

On 03/06/2022 at 11:51 PM, highgrower said:

Im doing my first hempy bucket and it couldnt be simpler - watering routine is just every day so no worry about wet/dry cycle - even easier than coco.

large.1-bucket-hole.jpglarge.2-bucket-ceramic-pebbles.jpglarge.3-c99.jpglarge.4-potted.jpglarge.5-in-drobe2.jpglarge.6-watered.jpg

A couple of months later

large.sd-day-38.jpg

large.small-drobe-day47.jpg

What soil you use, mate? Or its Coco ... 

The hempy bucket was with ecothrive lite coco - tbh not sure if the lite version is much different from just normal coco.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve spoken with Hempy, seemed a nice chap tbf. Only Had a brief chat.  Mainly me thanking him for highlighting the tech. 

He basically said he’s faced ridicule since suggesting this set up way back when, and he was happy to know they are being used still.  

Everyone who’s tried them as sung praise from my perspective. 

might do some Perlite ones as I’ve only ever done coco hempys bar the maiden voyage with a fytocell & pebble sandwich & Lucas Formula. 

• Like 4

my 35lt outdoor hempy bucket. Coco with perlite base. 

large.49F3A7A1-8D4C-430D-8217-528234371587.png

Edited by Budelaire
  • Like 9

You guys all grow some awesome looking plants and flowers bud in those hempys... Very nice work all :notworthy:

• Like 3