17 hours ago, UkMadMan666 said:

Thank you for your replys btw,  what medium do you guys use? Lots of people swear by that bio mix stuff, others swear by coco, 

Just a nice light Multi purpose compost is fine mate, clover is one of the best and its cheap.

• Like 2
On 07/02/2021 at 10:00 AM, MindSoup said:

Autos take a fair bit longer outdoors, upto 110 days in fact. oh damm didn’t know that, still tho probably have better chances with autos than photos lol every photo I try end up getting bud rot :(

Edited by UkMadMan666
On 06/02/2021 at 9:34 PM, Lostlew said:

Hi, I did fast buds blackberry last year in the garden, nice smoke but I planted out a bit late so they ended up a bit small around 5oz from 3plants (my fault) the last one came in mid Oct with 1 small bit of rot. This year they are going out early April ish, good luck with what ever you choose. This time in going for dutch passion banana blaze and Colorado cookies, hso's chocolate mint og, barnys farms gorilla zkittles. All autos in bio bizz all mix and or there light mix and fed with bio bizz nutes

Thats awesome bro, 5oz isn’t bad at all for 3 autos that were late, well played! What was the bud like? That strain has caught my eye a few times I won’t lie 

On 07/02/2021 at 10:01 AM, MindSoup said:

Just a nice light Multi purpose compost is fine mate, clover is one of the best and its cheap.

Cheers mate having a look at clover now, 

18 hours ago, UkMadMan666 said:

Thats awesome bro, 5oz isn’t bad at all for 3 autos that were late, well played! What was the bud like? That strain has caught my eye a few times I won’t lie 

Ukmadman666, it's an ok smoke  no complaints from me, I think I'd have got bigger denser buds had it been grown indoors,( or the right time of year) but over all it taste nice with a pleasant high. I'd grow it again if I didn't have a long list of other stuff to try. That's why this year I have a few different ones to try.

On 07/02/2021 at 9:19 AM, Stuart96 said:

Yes after a couple of disastrous years I was thinking about maybe trying to get an earlier start. I usually start my girls on a south facing window sill mid April to get them out in the garden when the third set of trueleaves appear in early may. Problem is late frost. Last year we had temps well below 5 deg C early to mid May. The earlier they go out the greater the risk so it would mean wrapping the girls every night with garden fleece and even that's no guarantee if the temperature really dives. Juries still out on this.

I think that's about right late April early May for me then out after the last frost.. any earlier just isn't worth the risk imo :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • 2 years later...
On 2/7/2021 at 10:56 PM, MindSoup said:

I've been growing outdoors (guerilla) for years in the UK probably near a decade if you cut the gaps out. Ive always had a couple of autos kicking about, and they've never done very well in comparison to the photos, even when given extra care. This year just gone I went for all autos (from rgsc) and ended up with nothing apart from the one I kept in my veg patch and moly coddled the fuck out of and that still had to come down early cos of rot. I'm not saying they're a guaranteed fail, I have seen some good results outdoors, but imo near every one of those good results would have been better if it had been a proper outdoor photo/ fast version/ semi auto strain. My advice, get buried in the outdoor section and learn everything you can. Rgscs outdoor PHOTOS are more or less the best outdoor strains you can get for the UK (dfg, afidaze etc) amd they're really honest and helpful, some people did get good results with their autos but as I say I really didn't, and panik has since clarified with me that their autos are not bread with uk outdoor growing as the focus like some of the other strains. Also look for nordic/scandanavian genetics ad they're all tough as old boots, mighty wonder fuck from alfemcono on this site is also a winner.

Why the bud rot? Does UK get rain and high humidity in summers?