Hello! New to the site so please let me know if I have made any mistakes lol I’m planning on doing an outdoor grow this summer with a few autos, I’ve been looking at “fastbuds seeds” stock and most of their stuff looks good  does anyone have any recommendations? Can be with other breeders I just want something decent to smoke, Fastbuds lemon pie and blackberry autos have caught my eye, just looking for any tips, information, etc. As there’s pretty much nothing on YouTube 

• Like 2

welcome to the boards .. check out the outdoors threads as theres lots on autos in there :rockon:  i would aslo check out real gorilla seeds to as if your in the uk there seeds are breed to suit are climate .. i personally love dutch passions  auto duck proper stealthy if u got nosey neighbours like myself :wallbash: bagging flavours n yield to it .. i grow fastbuds indoors n they are very nice plants all round ,but never done them out side  al the best with your quest :oldtoker: 

• Like 2

Make sure that the seed you order will be shipped from the UK. I thought I had ordered this years seed from the UK but it came from Spain and took a month to arrive. Also if your order ships from the EU and exceeds 39 UKP you could end up paying VAT plus a carrier handling charge which for Royal Mail is currently 8 UKP with other carriers charging similar amounts.

• Like 1
On 04/02/2021 at 5:11 PM, Bayleaf said:

Prepare yourself for bud rot!

Been threw that a few times with photoperiods :( that’s why I’m giving autos a go this year as they finish in 8 - 10 weeks, so should be able to harvest before the cold and rain strikes lol

I like to use attitude seedbank as I think they are based in the UK if I’m not mistaken? and have 90% of brands I know of, just can’t afford to keep buying it, prices are going up due to “cali” bud it’s daft when I know I could get similar results growing my own stuff lol some people are selling 3.5 “cali packs” up here for £90 haha sod that lol 

Have a look on the RGSC site mate. Good selection, swift delivery cant go wrong really..

I guess your planning in growing these girls in pots? If not just work with your native soil and ammend as nessaserry depending on what its like.. best of luck :yep:

I get pretty similar results whether I grow in pots or in the ground although either way the girls always grow bigger and take longer than it says on the packet. Growing in pots I usually use 27L (6 gallon) self watering pots with garden centre multipurpose compost. Bigger than that and you are just wasting compost in my experience.

Pots are good because you can drag them around to catch the sun but not so good as they can blow over when the girls get a bit of size on them. You need to avoid that at all costs because those branches snap off real easy once they have a weight of bud on them. Also you can shift the pots out of the way if visitors come calling. If push comes to shove I can leave my self watering pots for several days which is good if I have to be away for a while.

In the ground I plant in a mix of excavated top soil and multipurpose. Those girls need less attention than those in pots but are a bigger security risk as they cannot be moved and I have had a few close shaves I can tell you. Good luck.

• Like 1

Hi, I did fast buds blackberry last year in the garden, nice smoke but I planted out a bit late so they ended up a bit small around 5oz from 3plants (my fault) the last one came in mid Oct with 1 small bit of rot. This year they are going out early April ish, good luck with what ever you choose. This time in going for dutch passion banana blaze and Colorado cookies, hso's chocolate mint og, barnys farms gorilla zkittles. All autos in bio bizz all mix and or there light mix and fed with bio bizz nutes

Edited by Lostlew
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Lostlew said:

Hi, I did fast buds blackberry last year in the garden, nice smoke but I planted out a bit late so they ended up a bit small around 5oz from 3plants (my fault) the last one came in mid Oct with 1 small bit of rot. This year they are going out early April ish, good luck with what ever you choose. This time in going for dutch passion banana blaze and Colorado cookies, hso's chocolate mint og, barnys farms gorilla zkittles. All autos in bio bizz all mix and or there light mix and fed with bio bizz nutes

Yes after a couple of disastrous years I was thinking about maybe trying to get an earlier start. I usually start my girls on a south facing window sill mid April to get them out in the garden when the third set of trueleaves appear in early may. Problem is late frost. Last year we had temps well below 5 deg C early to mid May. The earlier they go out the greater the risk so it would mean wrapping the girls every night with garden fleece and even that's no guarantee if the temperature really dives. Juries still out on this.

• Like 1

I've been growing outdoors (guerilla) for years in the UK probably near a decade if you cut the gaps out. Ive always had a couple of autos kicking about, and they've never done very well in comparison to the photos, even when given extra care. This year just gone I went for all autos (from rgsc) and ended up with nothing apart from the one I kept in my veg patch and moly coddled the fuck out of and that still had to come down early cos of rot. I'm not saying they're a guaranteed fail, I have seen some good results outdoors, but imo near every one of those good results would have been better if it had been a proper outdoor photo/ fast version/ semi auto strain. My advice, get buried in the outdoor section and learn everything you can. Rgscs outdoor PHOTOS are more or less the best outdoor strains you can get for the UK (dfg, afidaze etc) amd they're really honest and helpful, some people did get good results with their autos but as I say I really didn't, and panik has since clarified with me that their autos are not bread with uk outdoor growing as the focus like some of the other strains. Also look for nordic/scandanavian genetics ad they're all tough as old boots, mighty wonder fuck from alfemcono on this site is also a winner.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, UkMadMan666 said:

Been threw that a few times with photoperiods :( that’s why I’m giving autos a go this year as they finish in 8 - 10 weeks, so should be able to harvest before the cold and rain strikes lol

Autos take a fair bit longer outdoors, upto 110 days in fact