tobacco free

chilled artist

1 minute ago, mrrichiet said:

@ratdogsince giving up fags have you ever had nasty black shit in your phlegm?

well it was ten years ago now, i don't recall ever having a smokers cough, of coughing up anything black ever in my life tbh

i was always a mild smoker though

Edited by ratdog

I stand by what I said then. If you've not got rid of the particulates in your lungs then your cilia aren't working (smoke paralyses them for 24 hours or so). Mild tobacco smoking and regular joints (albeit only a couple a day) will deposit particulates in your lungs, this is fact. If you aren't seeing any black stuff in your phlegm then it's still in your lungs. I don't expect you will believe me though lol 

12 minutes ago, mrrichiet said:

If you aren't seeing any black stuff in your phlegm then it's still in your lungs. I don't expect you will believe me though

so by that rational i must have kilos of the stuff in my lungs, i'm surprised i can still breathe and that i am alive tbh lol

i might cough up stuff occasionally, but it's NEVER black or even dark, so am i defying the laws of physics?

i use a lot of powered adhesive in my trade and that is noticeable if i'm been using over a half ton a week, but it soon passes and is rare ish. maybe it all comes out in my bogies, i know the adhesive does seem to?

e2a, it's quite possible it gets swallowed too according to some reports

this is interesting

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/pot-smokers-can-maybe-breathe-a-little-easier

Edited by ratdog

Powdered adhesive particles are massive compared to particulates found in smoke. Those won't even make far down into your lungs because they'd be trapped by mucus.

I can't be bothered to debate this with you. I know the medical community would back me 100%. 

4 minutes ago, mrrichiet said:

I can't be bothered to debate this with you. I know the medical community would back me 100%. 

lol easy tiger, did you see my edit? it's quite possible it was swallowed? and don't forget we are talking about ten bloody years ago, a LOT has happened in my life in that time and i'm sure most people would struggle to remember every fine detail from way back when.

e2a, remember you said my cilia was "fucked" do you seriously think i could go ten years without issues and feeling fit and healthy, walking loads if that was the case? perhaps if you'd used a more medical term with proof i might be more interested, but the say fucked should suggest some serious disease by now.

What happens if the cilia is damaged?

Inflammation also increases secretions (mucus). Because cells with cilia are damaged or destroyed, these secretions accumulate in the widened airways and serve as a breeding ground for bacteria. The bacteria further damage the bronchial wall, leading to a vicious cycle of infection and airway damage.

Edited by ratdog

Well if it was swallowed you wouldn't have seen it so how do you know you've not coughed up black phlegm?

I used the term "fucked" without thinking. Damaged would have been a better word, and since then I've further qualified it by saying "paralysed for 24 hours". 

As I said, since I've not inhaled anything for months, I'm still clearing my lungs of shit. I reckon if I weighed the amount it would be < 0.5g so nothing that would have big impact on my feeling fit and healthy. You were the one who started this 'debate' by saying you don't cough up shit and I gave a perfectly valid reason why that is. Believe what you want mate. 

30 minutes ago, mrrichiet said:

Well if it was swallowed you wouldn't have seen it so how do you know you've not coughed up black phlegm?

that was why i made the point  ;)

You were the one who started this 'debate' by saying you don't cough up shit and I gave a perfectly valid reason why that is.

perhaps it's in very small amounts and hardly noticeable?  some night i might not smoke half a joint, and like i said, i have allergies so maybe that masks things?

Believe what you want mate. 

:P

Edited by ratdog
fucking spelling!