tobacco free

chilled artist

Hey everybody, I have decided that this is the year I go tobacco free, fingers x

was just wondering if anybody has done the transitioning from the mixing canna with tobacco to canna only

How difficult did you find it? 

and how much more/less of a increase in canna use did you find?

any tips or info appreciated

• Like 2

it’s a piece of piss mate :stoned: 

you have to get used to smoking pures at first, lighter draws on the joint, well dried and cured weed helps loads..

the high is cleaner, better

you will cough to begin but that will ease as you get used to the bigger smoke particles and the tobacco shite slowly comes away from your lung with each cough.. 

it’s so much better for you than smoking with tobacco and i think vapes too..

you’ll love it and wonder why you ever put baccy in your joints soon.. 

you’ll smoke as much as you want to smoke, less mostly because you haven’t got the baccy addiction to deal with..

cannabis is an excellent exit drug :) 

• Like 4

cheers for the reply,

piece of piss, eh.......lol

been smoking for 25 years, its a lot to "get rid of"...lol

just had my last tenner for now, n just bought a g, instead of fags, so..... could start now!!!

here's to getting a sleep tonight... fingers x....again

peace, bro   :skin_up:

• Like 1

Good luck mate. Stopping tobacco smoking is about the best thing you can do with your life. As twigs says, cannabis is an excellent aid in this as smokers tend to like the throat hit. Are you using any stop smoking aids or will it just be willpower? I used Champix and I believe that if it wasn't for that I would never have been able to stop.

Ultimately, look to stop combusting weed altogether as cannabis is as bad as tobacco for your lung health. Vaping or dab concentrates (at vaporising temps, not combusting temps!) FTW. Vaping is hard to get used to at first so I'd recommend a tolerance break when transitioning.

• Like 2

cheers @mrrichiet, just bout to spark my first "spliff" in 11 days....so....

i get you with the Vape side of things....BUT...I dont get the "lets use some technology to inhale some natural stuff" 

Hasn't hurt that many people in thousands of years, so gonna stay natural.

Brute and calm willpower for the baccy, I'm afraid, just gonna have to tuff it out

peace, buddy

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chilled artist said:

.BUT...I dont get the "lets use some technology to inhale some natural stuff" 

Hasn't hurt that many people in thousands of years, so gonna stay natural.

I really can't agree with that train of thought but please do whatever you prefer :)

• Like 2

I stopped combusting over 4 months ago (I don't vape either these days) and I'm still coughing up black shit!! It can't be good for one.

• Like 1

Just now, mrrichiet said:

I really can't agree with that train of thought but please do whatever you prefer :)

cheers buddy, but we're all just trying to make our own way in the world

whats good for me, aint neccesarily good for you, etc etc...

all good tho, cheers

• Like 1

Just now, Slippy One said:

I always found mixing cannabis with tobacco the nastiest thing you could do with weed and your body. 

Yuck

yeah,   it smokes nice tho!!!

As has been said above mate once your over the coughing you'll be thinking why didn't I do this sooner.

I quit putting baccy in my doobs last April and chucked my nicotine vape away at the same time ( I had quit my 20 a day tab habit a few months before this using a vape ), I nearly cracked 3 days in but after that was plain sailing. The first few months my joints were mainly paper lol I was rolling them that thin not even 0.3 of a gram I would say but eventually you'll realise that your polishing them off without coughing a lung up. Now I'm filling a raw everytime I have a doob and no more coughing.

Weed consumption is way down I don't get that need to have a smoke every hour or two and I can actually get baked of a doob now. 

I will say though that vaping flower for me does nothing, tried it for a few weeks and just couldn't get away with it, bubble hash on the other hand is a different beast, it's the only way i consume it now. 

I'm sure you'll smash it mate :hippy:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chilled artist said:

cheers for the reply,

piece of piss, eh.......lol

lol You have to say it though eh :) 

it’s as difficult as anything else worth doing  i guess.. the weed helps lol 

:yinyang:

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, mrrichiet said:

Ultimately, look to stop combusting weed altogether as cannabis is as bad as tobacco for your lung health

just read a 57,000 person study that doesn’t agree with that statement :) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, twigs said:

lol You have to say it though eh :) 

it’s as difficult as anything else worth doing  i guess.. the weed helps lol 

:yinyang:

Fair play.....lol  

I used to run 100m in just under 11sec.........piece of piss to me.......but trained fuckin hard all week every week for it.:taz:

• Like 1

Just now, twigs said:

just read a 57,000 person study that doesn’t agree with that statement :) 

Link please.