Another Grinder Needed

Sateeva

Afternoon everyone. Is there such a thing as a Teflon coated grinder?  It's just getting a tad tedious trying to clean me grinder now.. When I've got my own ganj it's usually dry and crumbly, but i do have to purchase bud from others and it's not dry.. Without waiting a day for it to dry up it gets ground up and stick me grinder up.. Teflon grinder may overcome this tiny but really annoying issue for me and millions of others, probably.. :hippy:

• Like 1

@Hashcity I've had my hemp Santa Cruz Shredder for a year or two now and I've still not had to clean it at all, it is effectively non-stick unlike every other grinder I've had.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hashcity said:

Teflon grinder may overcome this tiny but really annoying issue for me and millions of others, probably.. :hippy:

It would probably cause some form of fatal lung disease if you smoked microscopic particles of Teflon so I guess thats why it isn't a thing. :puke:  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Saddam said:

some form of fatal lung disease

Polymer fume fever AKA Teflon flu.

Edited by latigid aikon
  • Like 3

I'm still using the same space case I bought 20 years ago, bit of iso every 6 months and it's as good as new! Best 50 quid I've ever spent I reckon :skin_up:

:yinyang:

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, latigid aikon said:

Polymer fume fever AKA Teflon flu.

That's just from inhaling the fumes though, I think directly smoking it could  be far worse. It wouldn't take long for the Teflon coating to start breaking down due to the abrasive nature of weed and bits of stalk and those bits will end up in your joint or bowl.

I just use a standard metal grinder and clean it with milk by using the steam wand on my coffee machine.  Comes out spotless and then I use the milk to make a canna coffee or hot choc. 

• Like 4

Just now, Saddam said:

That's just from inhaling the fumes though, I think directly smoking it could  be far worse.

It looks like you're right, keep it below 450 degrees C if you only want polymer fume fever and not ARDS lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymer_fume_fever

Polymer fume fever or fluoropolymer fever, also informally called Teflon flu, is an inhalation fever caused by the fumes released when polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE, known under the trade name Teflon) reaches temperatures of 300 °C (572 °F) to 450 °C (842 °F).[1] When PTFE is heated above 450 °C the pyrolysis products are different and inhalation may cause acute lung injury.[2]

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Still absolutely thrilled with my Herb Ripper XL. Didn't clean it even once, and still working like the 1st day almost two years later. Biggest nuggets might ask for brute force, and it's a hell of an amount of weed, I never grind so much at a time. The large thread makes I never had to force to open it, and 1/4 turn is quickly done. Took the coarse plate and never looked back, it's perfect size for using with convection vapes.

Edited by purepotstill

I have been using my space case daily for the last 12 years. It gets a regular cleaning and works as well as it did on day one.

On 17/09/2022 at 4:48 PM, BilgePump said:

I'm still using the same space case I bought 20 years ago, bit of iso every 6 months and it's as good as new! Best 50 quid I've ever spent I reckon :skin_up:

:yinyang:

Same best £50 I’ve ever spent about the same amount of time as you’ve had yours just goes to show paying a little more for quality pays off in the end sometimes.

• Like 1

I bought a fake space case off ebay a couple of years ago for £16 and it's the best money I ever spent,, my mate has a real one and there's no real difference.